Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164334 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1845 on: October 03, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »

Yards were used because I can't be assed to translate them to meters due to a combination of being about to get surgery, not being on computer, and being half asleep. If ya want it translated to meters promptly, do it yourself while I'm in surgery and unconscious. You have comment perms. If you don't wanna do it then I'll get to it eventually. Maybe.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 03, 2016, 12:44:02 pm »

As a yank, I'm all for the change conceptionally, it's just that it'll take a while for us all to adjust. We should pull the bandaid off for it soon though.

@Current turn: Well. Crap. And I'd almost gotten my post together even. Okay, new plan. I Flash the living fuck out of it and then we try to GTFO, sound good?

Fakeedit: I forgot to post this before I posted in the other one. Whoops.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 03, 2016, 12:46:01 pm »

Flash is Light based is it not?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: October 03, 2016, 12:47:09 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 03, 2016, 12:49:07 pm »

Flash, Light, and anything my character can currently do magically are VisSpec light based yes. In post I decided to try to generate Light rather than try to intensify it because fuck that thing which seems to be made of Conceptional Darkness.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: October 03, 2016, 12:50:08 pm »

Funfact. One measurement system was based on body parts of a monarch. The other was based on a set of antique silverware.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 03, 2016, 12:51:58 pm »

This reminds me, I have thoughts on how to quantify magic, mana, and souls in game. Is that something that would be of use on the GM side or should I wait to share it for when we get into R&D?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 03, 2016, 01:03:08 pm »

We've honestly been measuring stuff in monkeys for the most part on the GM side. A given midtier occultism ritual will usually cost around 30 monkeys. A midtier arcanism casting might cost 1/10th of a monkey in comparison. Drawing from Vigor in the absence of energy. I'm not sure how Vk is handling Arcanism Vigor Drain, something to ask I guess.Obviously this is subjective overall. More energy is normally better for casting strength. A master occultist could pull off a ritual of midtier with a single monkey however.

Wards have been using x amount of monkeys or equivalents for 'defence' vs y amount of monkey equivalents worth of offence. Obviously if the ward doesn't fully protect, a given entity or Magi with a weaker immediate offence could slip through the cracks or precisely break a ward. A clever entity could convince a mortal to let them in as well.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:05:03 pm by Kevak »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 03, 2016, 01:14:27 pm »

The original definition of metre was 1/10,000,000 of the distance between the equator and a pole. One litre was defined as the volume contained in 10cm3 because 10−3 m3, and the Kilogram as weight of that amount of water under average pressure and temperature. And so it goes, but then they refined the definitions to be as precise as possible.

I was going to try to quantify mana/vitality using the cockroach as the basic unit. I guess I'd come up with a better name, though...
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 03, 2016, 01:21:19 pm »

If only Akras would just invent a machine that can detect and measure magic, amirite?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 03, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »

Makes sense. My idea was to figure out the smallest bit of life that contains a soul of registerable energy using Life, Death, and Soul Sense, and use that as the most basic unit. Then you use the previous Senses to create a device that's able to measure the potency of souls using the preciously established units for measurement. Also the new device would have significant applications in security and research.

Another way to do it is to find a rune for casting lightning bolts (or a weather mage or etc) and refine the rune to be as about efficient as Arkrasly possible. From there you can use souls to provide electrical charge, at which point you figure out how much soul is needed per joule, which then becomes your base unit. Also you have now solved the soul to electricity question.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: October 03, 2016, 01:28:02 pm »

Well we've solved the Heat to Mana question, but it's p inefficient.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: October 03, 2016, 01:37:49 pm »

Ooo, yay, VisSpec light did fuck that thing's day up a bit! Here's hoping Ratidx can keep the Light focused on it without killing himself. *adds Conceptional Light as in anti-evil to the "to learn" list*

Well we've solved the Heat to Mana question, but it's p inefficient.

True, but now that the field is opened up, it's just a matter of time and resource commitment to develop more efficient methods.

Now that I think of it, how much would a cyborg arm cost that has a built in combat laser as well as a Heat to Mana converter? Following, do we have mana batteries yet?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 03, 2016, 01:49:44 pm »

I Think it was 20C per custom milgrade limb. Not certain. 100C bulk deal for a full custom milgrade body.

All current model Heatsink Stones (what they use for lasers and other heat heavy objects) are created with heat to mana conversation in mind. You'll prolly wanna talk to Tal icly about how he intends to handle the gathering of the energy. You may find it.. Interesting.

If by mana batteries you mean monkeys and the occasional mana crystal yes. We have conceptual fusion reactor>mana converters but they're only in use for wards currently and quiet bulky.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: October 03, 2016, 02:14:31 pm »

The idea I'm having right now is to get a milgrade arm with a laser and a mana crystal built in, presuming that we've figured out how to have a Heatsink Stone deposit mana into said crystal. Heck, if it's nonlethal, setting it up to directly deposit into a magi's internal mana reserves would save a few steps in the process. Any idea how Ratodx would go about setting up a conversation with Tal?

Would have more to say but I apparently need to go do other things for several hours now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:27:48 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 204