Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164730 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1815 on: October 02, 2016, 01:19:17 pm »

Er, the last post in this thread...

Right, I'll edit it to Biomancy>Mending then.

Since we're at the subject of magic, do the different schools have any actual similarity IC or are they just a way to make the descriptions more intuitive OOC?
Would studying another branch on a school we already have a more developed level be cheaper? As an example, let's say that I had Biomancy>Mending 2; would learning to actually reshape living flesh and bone with Biomancy>Transformation 1 be still Very Hard, or could the higher previous knowledge in biomancy lower the difficulty to just Hard?
What about transitioning between Arcanism and Occultism and vice-versa; would having Arcanism>Biomancy>Mending 2 give any kind of basis to develop Occultism>Biomancy>Mending 1?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 02, 2016, 01:22:52 pm »

As Kevak said, if it weren't for balancing reason, all Magic skills would be 5 points per level.

Magic is Hard. And that's if you're a race of magically sensitive elves. For human with grounded perception in reality, it's always going to be Very hard.

Though if you have related magic on the other side, I'll give bonuses to them. You won't learn it any easier, but at least you understand the concept of it to maybe not fuck it too bad?

We'll see what Kevak thinks on that too.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 02, 2016, 01:24:08 pm »

Would the elevator have enough room for me to form some earth spears? I just thought it might be a good idea to go a head and have some on hand,
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 02, 2016, 01:27:04 pm »

We'll get out of the elevator on the floor above the creature, so you could wait a bit more (lest you damage it).

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 02, 2016, 01:30:50 pm »

Yeah. Now that I think about it... probably not a good idea to do magic on the elevator which if breaks could go into a free fall and kill us all. Elevators freak me out sometimes in real life. How about you guys?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 02, 2016, 01:33:50 pm »

I like Elevators. They're like vertical elevators!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 02, 2016, 01:52:44 pm »

Not going to lie. I have a feeling that now that I've decide to do this that I'm going to get brutally murdered by the goat troll. I hope I'm wrong but you never know. If I get brutally murdered can I make a new character and rejoin later once the situation has ended?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 02, 2016, 02:04:48 pm »

It's case-by-case basis.

Maybe your team can afford to revive you,

Maybe I need you to fight stuff in hell or whatever afterlife you go,

Maybe I just tell you to roll a new character and have them be the new fodder for Akras's bottomless hunger for profit. :P

Also, I can already see this happening to you. https://youtu.be/Z7Et0a8fnuw?t=36
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:12:10 pm by vkiNm »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 02, 2016, 02:22:10 pm »

I laughed so hard that tears came up...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 02, 2016, 02:23:13 pm »

Well i'm up for what ever you decide. Your are the boss!  ;D 

Also, I can already see this happening to you. https://youtu.be/Z7Et0a8fnuw?t=36

That both makes me think i'm going to be impaled by goat horns and die painfully and that there is some hope for not killing it. Who knows maybe it will come to like me? Watch my horrible death as I scream in agony because i'm impaled on a horn while it is trying to kill the rest of the time.

(Edit. Added after the elevator stopped and we saw the Fauna.) I'm going to die... I'm so going to die. Why did I do this?  :'(
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:44:44 pm by Prophet »

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 02, 2016, 03:00:36 pm »

That both makes me think i'm going to be impaled by goat horns and die painfully and that there is some hope for not killing it. Who knows maybe it will come to like me? Watch my horrible death as I scream in agony because i'm impaled on a horn while it is trying to kill the rest of the time.

Don't worry friend at least you're not slowly becoming the black knight from Monty Python.

Zander and Jon Currently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXY9TuuwyL8

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:04:16 pm by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 02, 2016, 03:02:44 pm »

(Edit. Added after the elevator stopped and we saw the Fauna.) I'm going to die... I'm so going to die. Why did I do this?  :'(

Don't worry man we've got your back.  ;D
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 02, 2016, 03:09:28 pm »

Don't worry friend at least you're not slowly becoming the black knight from Monty Python.

Zander and Jon Currently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXY9TuuwyL8
It's just a flesh wound.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 02, 2016, 04:52:27 pm »

Er, the last post in this thread...

Right, I'll edit it to Biomancy>Mending then.

Since we're at the subject of magic, do the different schools have any actual similarity IC or are they just a way to make the descriptions more intuitive OOC?
Would studying another branch on a school we already have a more developed level be cheaper? As an example, let's say that I had Biomancy>Mending 2; would learning to actually reshape living flesh and bone with Biomancy>Transformation 1 be still Very Hard, or could the higher previous knowledge in biomancy lower the difficulty to just Hard?
What about transitioning between Arcanism and Occultism and vice-versa; would having Arcanism>Biomancy>Mending 2 give any kind of basis to develop Occultism>Biomancy>Mending 1?
Am awake now!
Icly they're pretty drastically different. Any given school>discipline is drastically different from one another.

For example.
Biomancy>Mending deals in conceptual restoration, which Technically could 'restore' someone to childhood or to an ancestral animal at higher tiers. A more direct application however is healing. One could even Restore dead lands to life or 'Mend' structureal damage in towns, towns are just basically giant organisms after all.

Biomancy>Transformation on the other hand deals in conceptual alteration. Which although focused on organic creatures could be applied to inorganics due to how nature 'grows' mountaons and so on. It could even be applied to the abstract concept of an organism such as a populated town at higher tiers.

To summarize. No. You wouldn't get a discount. You're dealing with completely different conceptualizations of the parent school each discipline. If you have similar schools you might notice the spells being easier to control, less prone to backlash, and occasionally clearly stronger.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 02, 2016, 05:06:19 pm »

Hello Kev-senpai. Well now that everyone has posted or at least I think everyone one has. All we have to do is wait to see how Melnakos dies horribly. So how do you guys think it will happen? Being crushed or impaled?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 204