Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164744 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1620 on: September 09, 2016, 03:37:06 pm »

Jon is at least at the 'Adam Jensen' level of covered with metal, if not more. He asked for it, after all. The techies had no reason to hold back with the augs.

As to what would make him look like a medic - just paint one of his arms white and slap a red cross on it.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: September 09, 2016, 03:38:22 pm »

Twinwolf: Aria: I imagine she'd get a short, functional Pixie cut. However, I am terrible at imagining female characters. You might have to be more specific than everyone else. And no, I will not do Black Widows “Painfully Obvious Female Features” Pose.
What sort of details do you need?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: September 09, 2016, 04:08:36 pm »

Just….

General Description.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: September 09, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »

Re: Exos

Thoughts based on discussion with Anya via Steam:

Standard Pattern Exosuits having a 1.5 multiplier for everything across the board except Int, Hp, Will, and Vigor. Int and Will for obvious reasons, HP for obvious reasons as well, it's there to stop you from getting hurt in the first place, it isn't an extension of you. Vigor due to it being the primary inner 'reserve' for magic, as well as being drained from strenuous activity. Suit might prevent Vigor from being drained so much by a long, strenuous activity but it most definitely isn't going to give you more stamina then you already have, ain't gonna add to your reserves either if you're a Magi.

The decimals can be moved around on specialized suits. So perhaps you don't expect to be using perception very much. You could lower perception's modifier to 1.0 rather then 1.5 and raise Strength to 2.0 for example

Custom Exosuits can be either be specialized to give a currently undecided bonus to specific skill categories. Think of it as programmed assistance within the suit's database on a specific subject (IE Occultism, Ranged Weapons, Melee weaponry and CQC, mechanics, sneaking and related skills, and so on.)

Or suits can give a bonus of a .5 multiplier to a specific stat. For example raising the already potent example's 2.0 strength multiplier to a 2.5 multiplier.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Changes?

@Pirate

You pay the difficulty level of the skill to level it. So if it's a Very Hard skill, you pay 4 points per level. If it's a Hard skill. You pay 3 points. Average costs 2 per level, Easy costs 1 per level. You can see a clarified mathy example in the OP of the main thread.

@Porkins

Tal in his offtime normally wears either his robes or a white labcoat and whatever pair of pants/undershirt he can find. Said robes have a relatively large number of sigils and wards scribed on them. Tal's hair is a brownish black, about 5ish inches long, quite straight. Tal is about 5'11. Pale skinned. Bit taller then the average person but not by much. Tal has glasses that he doesn't actually need, he primarily wears them in his offtime for a combination of visual effect and the fact that they function as a HUD.

Tal would probably be carrying a tablet and perhaps a heavily runed knife. He rarely actually appears grumpy or angry. Normally he has an apathetic, almost bored look.

He may or may not have the varied Magi present with him. The human Magi have their descriptions in the Magi doc.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1624 on: September 09, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »

I want Zach to be throwing lightning around with his left hand and holding his right hand to his head, with some kind of visual cue to show him mind-controlling one of the giant wasps and using telekinesis to have knives hover in a circle around his head.. He is pretty much exactly what you described him as - moody teen-cross-Sith overlord - minus the lightsaber. I expect him to be in the front row, maybe with a leg wound ((Because Zach's gone through three sets of legs in two days and two right arms in the same timespan)). It's not canon, but I would like a sick scar over his throat where he was stabbed by Jane (the scar's non-canon, because how I was fixed left no scar). His face should be slightly screwed up to show how he's in pain.

In terms of stance and positioning, he would be in a crouch in the front line; preferably in the center to show his Chaotic Neutrality; an injured left leg out in front while he kneels on his right.

EDIT: Also, vkiNm, I'm considering having Zach break the fourth wall occasionally. Not as much as deadpool, but if he's helping someone limp out of a situation I'm thinking of having him tel them to 'limp faster, you'll get more XP if you survive' or something like that maybe in strikethroughs like we do in the Katawa Shoujo thread
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:13:08 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: September 09, 2016, 07:20:38 pm »

I'll be waiting for the day you forgot to make a strikethrough and starts a lab brawl like Frazz did.

EDIT: Also expect Tal to want to look into this 'Fourth Wall' thing if you decide to go with it. I have a feeling that he'll try to quite literally break through the fourth wall.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:09:58 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: September 09, 2016, 09:49:08 pm »

Those elixers, alright so we officially have health pots. As well as the stuff from mad max, I'm very happy with that result also pregnant Roxane  ;D ;D ;D 
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: September 09, 2016, 10:22:21 pm »

I'm curious if the doggo pups will be sapient.

And yup. Tal would most definitely attempt to break the fourth wall if he had reason to believe it existed and wasn't just a silly narrative trope in fiction.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: September 09, 2016, 10:25:20 pm »

Really, we could totally break the fourth wall. Observe:

What if we are just characters in a story?
Fourth wall has now been broken.
But seriously though, Kevak, if you break the wall and find Deadpool, please recruit him. Please.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1629 on: September 09, 2016, 10:26:52 pm »

Really, we could totally break the fourth wall. Observe:

What if we are just characters in a story?
Fourth wall has now been broken.
But seriously though, Kevak, if you break the wall and find Deadpool, please recruit him. Please.
I... surprisingly agree with this. Now for an IC reason for Zach to discover the fourth wall...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: September 09, 2016, 10:40:36 pm »

There is exactly no reason not to recruit the literally unkillable mercenary that is Deadpool.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 09, 2016, 11:00:08 pm »

Spent 10 XP on Robotics and Drone control and spent the other 10 on two stat points which I put into perception
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 09, 2016, 11:03:26 pm »

Except he makes Frazz look like a functional adult by comparison!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 10, 2016, 08:00:29 am »

Why is the thread locked?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 10, 2016, 08:07:14 am »

I've no idea. Did Zomara do something?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 204