Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164768 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1485 on: August 30, 2016, 12:34:02 pm »

Last time you were in a non-work environment you shot up a mall.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 30, 2016, 12:34:17 pm »

Yes, but that wasn't our fault.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 30, 2016, 01:22:10 pm »

and, you know that the Higher Ups aren't going to allow Frazz a feet out the door, right? going to Comic Con is definitely out of the question.

And even if you do manage to go there, you'll have to live knowing that Akras sent a massive killsquad to murder anything and anyone that isn't Akras in the Comic Con 'No Russian.' style.

They could get away with it, too. Set up some Jamming equipments in disguised vans to block off signals and radios, close the roads and streets by claiming that PETA Terrorism is going on.

Head in, kill everyone, plant some evidences that suggests PETA are behind this, dress up a few corpses as PETA Members and put some old, shitty guns in their dead hands, preferably ones that's been firing..

Head back out as the Heroes that went in and kill all the PETA Terrorists.

"Why didn't you save the Con-Goers?"
"They were already dead by the time we got here. The best we could do is eradicate the offending PETA terrorists and offer grieving families financial support and free processing of the dead."

Boom. Now Akras's the Heroes, Frazz's existences remained unknown, PETA gets blamed and loses more Public support and Akras gets some nice free Biomass to work with.
Three issues with that. 1 isn't peta already more or less destroyed? 2 Doing that would cost so much preparation and killing everyone who sees it at a massive event like comic con would be extremely difficult due to the fact its in a city, and you know who's going to see the shoot out? People who aren't at comic con and if there phones don't work they could go further away and if it was enough to mean you couldn't just move a blook or three away the local authority would already be coming due to the simple fact that communication networks don't just go down like that, at the very least a repairman would be sent with a car and then book it once they find out whats going on. lastly 3 the most difficult thing would be killing everyone who see's the damn thing without destroying the whole city, the residence nearby would be able to hear and see it, and then if you take them out there neighbors would here it and then there neighbors neighbors ect.

also 4 90% of foxhound wouldn't like it, at all, and you wouldn't like a foxhound when they are angry
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 30, 2016, 01:32:55 pm »

1: It doesn't matter weather PETA is destroyed or not, the Media and thus the population at large doesn't know that.

2: For the sake of keeping a secret, Akras, whom I might remind you is earning an absurd amount of money from all the new tech they're pushing out, can afford the prep and cost to do that.

3: Not unless they bar the whole building off and explain the shooting is PETA and Akras employees engaging in firefight. There's always an explanation. People won't be able to get in or out, if people are seen being shot, then it's PETA that's shooting.

4: Foxhound still works for Akras. Foxhound doesn't have to like what Akras have to do, and Tal will likely agree to kill the entire con to keep Company's secret, anyway. And with Tal being the one calling the shots for Foxhound and have similar mindsets as the higher-ups, they can isolate the problem by keeping it so only Tal have any commanding authority within Foxhound beyond what the others already have.

Lastly, Foxhound can get angry all you like, but they have countermeasures. Remember that time 6 Levels got incinerated and flash-frozen from a single push of button each? yeah. Akras got some SCP-Tier countermeasures.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 30, 2016, 02:08:04 pm »

You also have to take into account that the world is overpopulated at this point meaning the con would have even more people there, and it would be very difficult for akras to kill everyone with early 21st century tech, in fact everyone at the con dying to people with 21st century tech would just be even more suspicious, that and why the hell would Akras care to go to comic con to kill peta when they wouldn't know in any way shape of form because the coms where down?

as for 4, if zack finds out he could leek the classified documents online (assuming he's brave enough) and you know the media would pick up on that in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:09:54 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 30, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »

They could use bombs or any combination of gas threats. And I don't think Zach's going to do shit. :P

Anyway, there's an explanation. Not everyone's going to believe the explanation, but it wouldn't matter.

Akras wouldn't give a damn, and the Media could turn them into Nazis for all they care and it wouldn't really matter. The best Techs comes from Akras, and NOT buying from Akras means you're severely crippling yourself. No matter what happens, people will still be forced to buy things from Akras, and if all else Fails, Akras already have a gate connected to a ripe new world ready to be exploited.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 30, 2016, 02:26:39 pm »

Anyone who thinks about it for a while probably wont believe the explanation but still, in the case of a leek how much power to the worlds governments still have? Because I think what is basically a terrorist attack would basically get the owners and everyone involved arrested or at least force them to get a good lawyer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:28:36 pm by piratejoe »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 30, 2016, 02:40:25 pm »

At this point, Akras can just hunker down in their Compound and if all goes to shit they can flee to Gaiaside.

The Government could issue search warrants, which Akras won't comply and no people is stupid enough to try and force their way through when there's people with guns everywhere.

They can send in the SWAT, but those would be shot.

They could send in the Military, but those are becoming obsolete against Akras's rapidly developing technologies. And at that point, it's probably time for them to reveal the things they've been brewing, Magic and D001s unleashed upon the attacking force backed by Securities armored in D001 plates that can shrug off conventional anti-material rifles and armed with easy-to-use laser rifles that can melt holes through tanks.

And that's if they attacked before Akras could draw a No Man's land ward around them first where anything that passes turns into a non-kinetic state of being, which is extremely deadly.

Akras's got it all figured out. They'll fight off the whole world if they need to, they already have a spare one, untouched by other Megacorps, after all.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 30, 2016, 02:58:04 pm »

So, what you are telling me is that the gate teams will soon become a piece keeping force, and earth will become a corprate planet.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 30, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »

If that happened I can see Apiture Science being hired to install GlaDos v 1.0 on Akras, which is a funny thought. Also random question but what happened to the Peta squad that survived?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 30, 2016, 03:01:35 pm »

You're the PETA squad that survived. You decide what happened to them as long as it seems reasonable. :P

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 30, 2016, 03:08:33 pm »

Well, I know that my character would reform PETA, using young, angsty, and rather uninformed children and young teens to attack various zoos and free various animals. He will call the group. . . .  The 12 monkeys.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 30, 2016, 04:40:58 pm »

Well, my character that was with the PETA squad would start a group of neo nazi's and fascists that plan to take over the world, they probably would try to infiltrate the government and steal from weapon dealers and the like to bolster there supply's and maybe a few banks and such. The group would be called Reich and operate out of a abandoned warehouse and if they ever got the funds a tropical island with a volcano. If they ever got there hands on a gate I can see shit going down, also i can see them having anti commie zombie defenses in there base

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 30, 2016, 05:11:14 pm »

Akras will likely go loud with the arcane eventually but before that, they want a stronger grip on the world.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:20 pm »

Can we please do it? It would be amazing, and I want to actually be able to have our characters interact with the outside world. Like, some really cool opportunities sprouted from the mall trip. Also, why does Alras even give a shit about keeping this a secret? Frazz has vacation days. He's going to use them eventually.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 204