Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164767 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1470 on: August 25, 2016, 07:58:59 pm »

I have honestly no idea.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 25, 2016, 08:09:13 pm »

I was arguing because 1. i didn't want me not responding to seem like i gave up or as a cheep excuse.
and 2. i need the practice.

As for Flandre, i did some research and, yeah... though insanity and Psychopathy are two very different things, she managed to have a interview with Aya after all. Still feel bad for her...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 26, 2016, 08:47:57 pm »

Fighting in melee is fun. :) I hope y'all find this exciting at least, heading home from work now and will post more then.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 26, 2016, 08:50:32 pm »

OOCly it's fun. Icly Tal has a massive headache and is in Damage Control Mode~

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 28, 2016, 01:19:38 pm »

So!

With the introduction of multiple other races into the mix. And the current status of the current statting system being confusing as hell. We've been talking about overhauling it.

For the most part. The skill system will remain unchanged barring minor tweaks and possibly additions based on request. (Lets be real here, we have a number of spots missing skills and some skills aren't really realistic in point cost. IE driving.)

The statting system however. Will change should it be decided to do such. We're thinking 5xp per new base stat point rather then the.. Convoluted clusterfuck that the statting system currently is. (I honestly don't know how the statting system works right now.) Racial modifiers will remain in effect as they already are. As it is. Racial modifiers are functionally the 'average' for a given race. That will remain true.

Notable differences are 2 base Health points per every 5xp and 2 base Vigor points for every 5xp. Seeing how Vigor is functionally a mix between Mana and Stamina and as 5 xp for a single health point wouldn't really be balanced. (I mean. Lets be real here. 5xp is a Very Hard skill and an Easy Skill. 5 for 1 hp really isn't a balanced thing.)

Intelligence will not only be a stat for primarily medical skills, but will also be used as a modifier for any Very Hard skill roll, various occultism skills (on top of will. Will's good for After the ritual circle is drawn. Settup's gonna involve thinking.) And improvised attempts at doing things. Sure it won't be a substitute for real skill in a subject. But if you're smart enough, you juuuust might be able to dig a bullet out of someone's leg safely. Magi Steve would be a good example of this in action.

However before the overhaul can even occur. We need a vote. Do ya guys want the system to be altered for ease of use (Both behind the scenes and for character creation)? Or are you comfy with it as it is? Tis up to you guys.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1475 on: August 29, 2016, 04:11:03 am »

I think that above a certain character age, characters gain certain skills for free (For example, driving) as social norms would dictate (ie. it's normal for everyone on Earth above 20 to be able to drive a vehicle). However, if IC reasons are given during character creation, you should be able to forgo these skills (Example being Zach never learned how to drive, but would instead have gained a little animal handling, a bit of crowd-pleasing, a tiny bit of acrobatics from watching the acrobats, a few levels in knife-throwing, a bit of streetsmart skills instead due to his upbringing in the Circus as they began to delve into the criminal). I propose 'Upbringing skills' which would draw from a separate pool of points which reflect your character's upbringing.
Such a pool needn't be large, and the choices would have to be backed up by IC reasons.

As an example, I'll use Zach again.
At a young age (still to be concreted), he ran away from home and joined the circus, where he was trained as a knife-thrower and taught to please the crowd. During his years at the circus, he bonded with several animals and was briefly best friends with the animal handler, who he learned basic animal care from. As the Circus devolved into a criminal syndicate, Zach made a conscious decision to run away from the circus and take the contents of the circus vault. After learning enough from videos on the internet, he cracked the electronic lock on the safe and made off with all 10000 credits. After surviving on the streets... [yada yada yada]

Throwing (knives): 3 levels
Rhetoric: 1 level
Animal handling: 1 level (rusty)
Computer Systems: 1 level
Street Smarts: 1 level
[yada yada yada]
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1476 on: August 29, 2016, 05:43:03 am »

Zach's pretty pissed off at the Queen of that hive ICly at the moment.

Kevak, I showed my friends at school Tal's summaries of the mission and they laughed at both.

"Agent Frazz is the young dragon laying in the medbay. Agent Vigil is the dark skinned human laying in the medbay. Magi Zachary is the legless human laying in the medbay who has gone through four pairs of legs in a span of two days and therefore lost his leg privlages. Agent Zander is the human male who may or may not be in the barracks. The remainder of the Agents are scattered around doing things. I'll let them introduce themselves. Magi Eros is the human female napping in a ward circle. The other Magi are mostly awake and scattered around as well. Other varied personal include the Carmines, who drive the primary vehicle. Varied techies who handle maintanance, and Doctor Hu and assorted medics, who are currently tending to varied injured agents. Just ask around really."
and

"Vigil. You are Literally. A. Dead. Man. Walking. Your Everything is broken. Your armor is totaled. FUBAR. Completely irrepairable. Literally the only reason you're still standing is localized anesthetics from the Multiple surgeries to fix your Completely Shattered Ribcage numbing the pain of said ribs that You Just Rebroke. You were restrained SO YOU WOULDN'T MOVE AND BREAK EVERYTHING AGAIN. At this rate we are literally going to need to replace two thirds of your skeleton. BECAUSE YOU KEEP BREAKING IT. And now you want to Walk five miles and get in Another brawl? What Is Wrong With You? Let the nice doctors do their job and stop you from bleeding out internally. Please. Cause you bloody shredded your innards with this little stunt. I'm honestly surprised you haven't passed out yet. You are functionally Mission Killed for the remainder of the mission. Same goes for Zach and Frazz and your 'Pet.' Frazz's everything is broken, shredded and broken wings. Massive tearing. A missing Tail that we'll be reattaching later. Severe bloodloss. Your 'Pet' has its legs shattered and is missing its tail. Zach is missing his legs. Again. He's gone through four legs now. Fucking wasteful."
They laughed more when they found out I was Zach. Followed immediately by 'Wait - how do you go through four legs in two days?'
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 29, 2016, 10:03:23 am »

Dude, you should tell them to read our last mission, with me turning into a dragon and all. I think that will give them a good idea as too what's the norm here in foxhound

Also:

What does is the significance of Xeon ?
Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 29, 2016, 11:43:21 am »

Also:

What does is the significance of Xeon ?

For this game as is? None.

Xeon is the supposed name for the setting and species for the original world of mine that covers several genre of the Role-Playing game archetype during it's history, from the Classic Party-based Adventure in High-Fantasy world where you go hunt magical creatures in the wild, raid dungeons and claim land for civilization in the Classical Era Xeon,

To the more sophisticated Cloak-and-daggers Games of Thrones-esque political power-play as you try to gain the upper hand and make your moves to make your family stronger in a world where mythical creatures are tamed and the wilds have been conquered in the Holy Xeon Empire Era,

To surviving the Cyberpunk Dystopia, being Runners, getting job from Fixers and uncovering things covered by Megacorps and the Government in a world where Mythical creatures are just myths and Magic are known to never have existed.

To escaping the planet, running cargos, looking for the right people for the right job as you try and find meanings in it all going planets-to-planets helping or ignoring problems along the way in a Firefly-esque space adventure.

All of this, in the span of 40,000 years. No, the numbers of years were not intended.

Yes, there is a God Emperor of Xeonkind. Though he prefers the title 'Emperor' more.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 29, 2016, 01:52:46 pm »

Just wait until the mission debriefing is posted IG. Show em that when it's done.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 29, 2016, 03:02:04 pm »

((I've decided to keep a representation of Frazzes AudioJournal. This is more because their are so many times that I think: “This is such a small character detail, but I can't work this into the plot. “ Also, I like trying to see the story from Frazzes Side.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 30, 2016, 11:36:57 am »

I haven't enjoyed reading what a player wrote so much since Tal's last debriefing report. The plans, the hilarity on Manga ideas! xD Hah!

and, you know that the Higher Ups aren't going to allow Frazz a feet out the door, right? going to Comic Con is definitely out of the question.

And even if you do manage to go there, you'll have to live knowing that Akras sent a massive killsquad to murder anything and anyone that isn't Akras in the Comic Con 'No Russian.' style.

They could get away with it, too. Set up some Jamming equipments in disguised vans to block off signals and radios, close the roads and streets by claiming that PETA Terrorism is going on.

Head in, kill everyone, plant some evidences that suggests PETA are behind this, dress up a few corpses as PETA Members and put some old, shitty guns in their dead hands, preferably ones that's been firing..

Head back out as the Heroes that went in and kill all the PETA Terrorists.

"Why didn't you save the Con-Goers?"
"They were already dead by the time we got here. The best we could do is eradicate the offending PETA terrorists and offer grieving families financial support and free processing of the dead."

Boom. Now Akras's the Heroes, Frazz's existences remained unknown, PETA gets blamed and loses more Public support and Akras gets some nice free Biomass to work with.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 30, 2016, 11:47:01 am »

We should do it. Frazz, your plan will work. I support you. OOC of course.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:04 pm »

Jesus man that's ridiculous, megacorps are scary man.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 30, 2016, 12:24:33 pm »

Seriously though, we are eventually going to have a leak if we try to keep it a secret. Also, going to Comic-Con would be really cool. It would provide a Tooooon of really good character development, also I kinda wanna see our characters in a non-work environment.
Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 204