Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164771 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1440 on: August 24, 2016, 09:40:00 am »

Anya went to sleep and told me to give feedback for your thingy cause she wrote hers while half asleep sooo:

and he was pushed out a fourth story window by an explosion
Explosions are lethal primarily due to the shock followed by the fire. Going through a window requires a significant amount of force, imagine yourself jumping through a window, it would hurt and you might not actually be able to smash through it. Know how in a lot of movies and games, the protagonist throws a chair or similar at a window and then jumps through it? That's so the window becomes something a person can smash through. Windows are resiliant little shits.

Second note is that the shockwave of an explosion close enough to impart enough force to fling someone through a window would basically liquidate the afflicted's organs And set them on fire depending on the type of explosive used.

Max however got nicked by a bullet and shortly fell into a coma.
Unless Max has some form of degenerative nerve disorder mixed with hemophilia, you aren't gonna go into a coma from a single bullet nicking you. A direct shot to the brain could put you into a coma. A degenerative nerve disorder triggered by the shock could put you into a coma (and kill you). Hemophilia could cause sufficient bloodloss to result in loss of consciousness (But blood regenerates and they'd wake up if treated and fed)

Akras Company. Making a deal with them to insert himself into one of their gate teams,
Akras doesn't advertize that they regularly preform extradimensional incursions at the current time. Data leaks are usually put down violently. Now once we've set up shop properly in Gaia? That might change.

, the most modern and expensive medical treatments could not figure out what was wrong with Max. Zander is hoping he’ll find something that can fix it.
Akras being a specialized biotech and cybernetics corp could most definitely fix Max. Hell. They could grow her a new body and use magic to dump her into it.

-Name of his mother's Assassin- Longinus 
How did they get the name of a professional and skilled sniper who was unseen and likely using an allias?

- Max’s mind is stuck in a gate world.
Unlikely. Entities don't normally interact with mundanes and the weaker ones who might rarely have enough of a coherent mind to be consistent.

-  Someone if Zanders family and or Akras is in on it.
Akras is not known for being nice. And we diiiid have to deal with that cluster of clone soldiers at one point.

Zander believes after being in contact with the entities from the worlds that one might of escaped to terra and is contracting individuals to become heroes of old.
There already are entities on Terra. Just most of them are dead. There's a reason Tal uses the phrase 'By the Dead God.' and there's a reason the Magi occasionally refer to Terra as 'The Graveyard of Gods.'

It is unlikely that a random entitiy would go and waste power on rezzing ancient empowered humans. Cause not only would they have to pay the revival cost, but they'd need to power the bugger's abilities again. Not something minor entities can do offhandedly.

We already have several entities that have come Terraside. E001 and E002 notably, E003/Bill occasionally pays visits as well.

- There are more than one entity running around and Zach’s circus and other are influenced by them.
Very minor entities if any. Based on current behind the scenes stuff it's more likely for there to be a selftaught witch or something. It hasn't really been decided and IG hasn't really put in his two cents for it yet. And it is his backstory after all.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 24, 2016, 09:52:48 am »

You know I never think about about that action hero bullshit, maybe the window was cracked already like from bullets and he dove out.

And hmmmm ok direct shot to the brain.

And alright I think I have an Idea how to change it.

Maybe he didn't trust anyone at Akaras yet?

Hmmm I might be able to come up with something for how they did it.

Maybe another bio company is doing this and is obsessive over heroes of old and is pumping them out to push their agenda??

And kk 

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 24, 2016, 10:02:35 am »

Maybe he didn't trust anyone at Akaras yet?
An option. Although by this point ICly he'll prolly have started trusting.

Maybe another bio company is doing this and is obsessive over heroes of old and is pumping them out to push their agenda??
The question then is "Why?" Why is a profit focused corporation churning out superhumans that they can't realistically control?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1443 on: August 24, 2016, 05:22:42 pm »

RE: Circus:
Imagine a legitimite group of travelling performers who started to dip into the criminal underworld to make ends meet. Now, the performance is merely a front for a sprawling criminal organisation with multiple bases, drug labs, shady shit like slavery, Mercenary contractors and old, decommissioned military hardware. They aren't a threat to anyone like Akras, but they have pretty much complete control over the cops in most major cities. The government likes to pretend they don't exist.
In regards to equipment: Imagine things like blackhawks and apaches, Abrams and Bushmasters. Steyr AUGs and M4 carbines. Pretty damn good at their job, but pales in the face of modern corporate technology.
The surviving members of the original performers (Which Zach was part of) is the inner circle and very few people get admitted to the inner circle.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 24, 2016, 05:25:41 pm »

I sincerely doubt such an organization could exist with megacorps running around. Anything For Profit is the general MO.

You aren't gonna have a globe spanning criminal syndicate with a presence in all major cities and not have them stomped out by the joint effort of megacorps or simply one megacorp who happens to care at the time. Example being PETA's erradication by Akras.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 24, 2016, 05:29:15 pm »

Maybe but there's still a blackmarket and those society won't accept. And entertainment is their main front so why would the megacorps bother them, as long they don't do anything.

But Kevak in response to your last comments. Zander will probably bring it up after we return home, and why not they have conditioning and mind control not to mention chips and that sort of stuff.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 24, 2016, 05:39:10 pm »

Black markets are entirely different from massive contenent sweeping criminal syndicates with decommissioned military hardware.

One functions entirely as a "Buy shit you can't normally buy here" that many corporations would use.

The other functions as a nuisance to corporations, cutting into their profits. Killing clients. Aka a problem to be erradicated. Again example is PETA.

Random criminals do not have the chips. Akras and presumably other major biocybernetics corps have the chips. Said chips aren't something a corp would allow to be released to the public. Massive PR problems if they did. Infrastructure for production is a thing as well.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 24, 2016, 05:54:18 pm »

The Future is a cold, terrible and unfriendly place.

A cold, terrible and unfriendly place with a ticket out if you have the money.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1448 on: August 24, 2016, 06:57:19 pm »

On that note, I've been reading 'Feed' by MT anderson and my immediate thought was that 'Is this place run by Akras?'
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 24, 2016, 07:16:00 pm »

I just had a thought considering the whole gate thing... Akras VS Gensokyo. I bet ten on Gensokyo winning.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: August 24, 2016, 07:19:21 pm »

Flandre's power is literally "To Break"

There is exactly no contest. Flandre would win singlehandedly. She can Break literally anything and everything in a heartbeat. If she desired she could break a world in a moment.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 24, 2016, 09:17:56 pm »

You also have Yukari who's power is manipulation of boundary's which includes existence and non existence and life and death so yet again, no contest.... Oh also Yuyuko who can manipulate death meaning you could just find your heart stopping if she actually used her power even if that's unlikely....

I can see Akras digging to greedily and digging to deep and going into Gensokyo... Karma's a bitch ain't it?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 24, 2016, 10:20:54 pm »

Maybe.

Too damned bad Gensokyo doesn't exist in Akras's universe, there's literally no way for me as a DM to balance that.

I can have Reality itself start bursting at the seams with Eldritch gods from all of time clawing it's way into our reality all around the world and nearby celestial bodies, turning the minds of mundane into mush and insanity, bringing the death and destruction of whole worlds Evangelion style, and that's still not as hopeless as fighting Gensokyo.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 24, 2016, 11:38:43 pm »

Too damned bad Gensokyo doesn't exist in Akras's universe, there's literally no way for me as a DM to balance that.
Well duh, that's what the gate is for, going to other universes. How else would they get to the castles of separate reality's :P
But really, I can see a few ways to get around it (Like not pissing them off in the first place via diplomacy instead of daka being the simplest one, or the fact that there is a debate on how far flandre's power goes (and even more so on her mental state) but eh, your the gm not me.)

I can have Reality itself start bursting at the seams with Eldritch gods from all of time clawing it's way into our reality all around the world and nearby celestial bodies, turning the minds of mundane into mush and insanity, bringing the death and destruction of whole worlds Evangelion style, and that's still not as hopeless as fighting Gensokyo.
That's true....actually accurate thinking about it... also insert touhou music that fits this as a victory (for gensokyo of course, not akrass.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:42:53 pm by piratejoe »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 25, 2016, 11:59:24 am »

I showed Sl4cker the quote (Thats now my sig text) on discord and this is what he had to say about it

Sl4cker AKA Mistress Masochism - Today at 12:55 PM
at least with touhou the eldritch monstrosities are cute girls.

I rest my case....kinda
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 204