Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164819 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1230 on: April 15, 2016, 05:37:49 am »

Also, I'm sure if Kevak powergames enough and kills the game with overlogicalisation, he could make the squad survives the attack. :P
FTFY
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 15, 2016, 05:38:07 am »

I'm now imagining that the players aren't actually playing our characters, but spirits of some kind who make whoever we possess competent.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 15, 2016, 11:12:45 am »

I have morals so i wont use my aunt,instead i will use a nazi...don't ask.

Spoiler: Sophie Schönfinkel (click to show/hide)

EDIT:ON SECOND THOUGHT I DONT WANT TO GET BANNED.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:20:45 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 15, 2016, 11:23:35 am »

Neonazi's are technically a thing irl. However if you do do such a character, I highly recommend not bringing up the stuff relating to hatecrimes and so on. Keep stuff strictly PG-13.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 15, 2016, 11:34:00 am »

Neonazi's are technically a thing irl. However if you do do such a character, I highly recommend not bringing up the stuff relating to hatecrimes and so on. Keep stuff strictly PG-13.
I know also.
EDIT:ON SECOND THOUGHT I DONT WANT TO GET BANNED.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 15, 2016, 02:26:47 pm »

I should probably clarify a few things relating to Tal Nalvi's mindset.

Gimme a couple hours to get home and I shall write it up.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 15, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »

Tal is, from the average person's perspective, a very high functioning and extremely dangerous sociopath. Anything and everything he does is to further his own ends. If he happens to be furthering your ends during that, it simply means your and his goals are aligned at the time. In Akras's case, the corporation provides Tal the tools, gear, executive authority, materials, personal, and test subjects to more or less do whatever the fuck he pleases provided it turns a profit. Which is exactly the kind of arrangement he thrives in.

From his perspective, he seeks to further his own ends and the ends of those whom he has deemed Useful. Said designation includes most of the squad, Akras, and the wiznerds. Those who are not useful are treated neutrally and with a complete lack of empathy and those who are deemed as malignant are treated in a hostile manner.

Originally, the goal of Godhood was just a minor fancy he had at one point. However upon acquiring the first bits of magic, and then discovering an entity that was the product of a failed* ascension, he has become convinced that it is absolutely possible to do it not only right, but well on top of that. Of further note, he has a sneaking suspicion that the numerous deities that humanity has imagined over time are Dead or Sleeping based on the total lack of activity and the very real status of deities and entities, possibly leaving behind corpses and therefore material to fuel an ascension event.

Tal at this point is less concerned about getting the job done relating to PETA and more interested in harvesting their lifeforce for later use. A kill switch in the corrupted hosts can be used directly to serve this goal, just yank the energy out of them and dump it in a modified Storage Stone for later.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 15, 2016, 04:20:39 pm »

......holy shit, your even more dangerous than Frazz! I KNEW IT!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 15, 2016, 04:33:57 pm »

Yup.

Tal is probably the most dangerous person on the squad simply due to the fact that he has absolutely no sense of empathy. Most of the others would likely stop at a point. Most have a line they won't cross. Tal doesn't have that line. There's a reason high functioning sociopaths are considered extremely dangerous irl. They're smart, they can plan, and they don't have a limiter beyond the rationalizing of "If I do this and get arrested that would not be beneficial so I will not do that."

Frazz is definitely dangerous in his own right, but that's due to his unholy level of Luck, lack of self control, and ingenuity on par with an Ork Mekboy from Warhammer 40K. At least he has morality.

When I made Tal, from the start he was intended to be an Objective Evil. He may be a protagonist yes, but that does not stop him from being a very very bad person.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:35:37 pm by Kevak »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1239 on: April 15, 2016, 04:40:54 pm »

Zach was intended to be the comedic relief person of the squad, similar to Caboose from RvB, mixed with Tucker from the same show. Throw in a Church-Tucker relationship with himself and Frazz.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 15, 2016, 04:43:03 pm »

Aria was basically a blank slate when I put her in. I just wanted to play, didn't think very much about the personality.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 15, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »

For me I finally firgured out how to write Zander. At first I didn't and that wasn't my best work. :-[

So now that I can role-play him properly, I know what drives him. Which is three things revenge and to save his wife, who is brain dead as of now. The third well he won't admit it yet to himself.

Otherwise I would say he Lawful Neutral and he will probably seek the second command position to help his position. Basically A guy who's really good with people, and his anger is tempered by wisdom.   

Btw I'm still stuck on making a peeta character   

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 15, 2016, 05:15:15 pm »

And Frazz is.....Frazz

((The Ingenuity of a Mekboy? Oh Kevak, you flirt.))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1243 on: April 15, 2016, 05:16:51 pm »

I can draft up a few characters for people if you want.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 15, 2016, 05:35:22 pm »

I actually think I might have one. Basically a really unlucky girl and she ended up in peeta, and now she kinda hates it. But i'll flesh it out a bit more lol
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 204