Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164667 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness O
« Reply #1020 on: February 29, 2016, 01:27:25 pm »

Well, on the serious side of things, there are several things i could be equipped with that would be useful. For a start, a H.U.D. With a built in camera is a must. I was also thinking a launchable beacon would be quite good. Ever play Starcraft? Anyway, theres a unit, Ghosts, that plant this little GPS thingy that calls in a nuke. Obviously this is an extreme example, but it would be good for marking specific targets, say, a particular wall that would topple a tower without destroying the castle, or a Horror Knight thats in a mass of enemies so its hard to get a bean on him. Also, any sort of camoflouge tech would be amazing as well. Frazz could glide silently through the air, land on a tower, relay info back to base, and mark important mission objectives/targets that would be ahrd to keep track of during a fight.

.By the way, VK, exactly what stat bonuses am i looking at for being a dragon? Id imagine i have like a constituition of 30 or something ridiculous, and strength must have increased to an extent. In exchange, whats my dexterity cost?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1021 on: February 29, 2016, 01:32:49 pm »

I would like to point out that recondragon isn't really something sensible when we have automated recon drones that can do that and have indefinite flighttime.

Dragonheavyweaponsplatform makes more sense with an exosuit.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 29, 2016, 01:38:01 pm »

You are still, in all sense and purpose, an angst adolesence dragon.

Your Constitution, Health, Natural armor and strength have increased to the point that it's simply not feasible to use the same stat base as humans anymore.

We'll get more into it later, don't worry. But do worry about your Dragonhumanthing, though. It's far from invincible. We've already seen Foxhound take on a fully grown plasma-spitting dragon with ease.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 01, 2016, 10:28:55 am »

Yes well, i mean, Dragons are SUPPOSED to be in castles. As long as i dont get spotted by a Horror Knight or something similarly intelligent enough to either A. Know the castles roster or B. Be aware if any new units were summoned. Otherwise, i could probably land on an aerial nest and they would jjst assume im some new monstrosity. Afterall, these castles are probably always expanding and reinforcing, even more so now that words probably gotton around that we are sacking them.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:53 am »

Tal wouldn't be willing to risk you like that unless it was confirmed that Dwellers couldn't identify your alignment. So that would require capturing multiple live samples.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 01, 2016, 11:03:49 am »

Well, why dont when you guys go to the castle, see if theres any relatively immobilized dwellers that wouldnt be aboe to fight. Then ill walk towards them. If they start growling at me or similar, mission failed, and i mebbe get to try out my breath. If they dont, mission success! All you guys gotta do is have guns on it but stay far enough away it wouldnt be... Watcha say.... Threatened?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 01, 2016, 11:11:35 am »

We plan on going around and testing what tranqs and voltages of ranged tasers work on various crippled Dwellers post battle to recover live samples. Once they're contained and confirmed unable to attack you theeeen you can see if they are hostile or not.

I'd still be very iffy with committing you to a long distance recon at great risk and minimal tactical intel gain though. Again, you'd probably do best in a front to midline combat role with an exosuit that lets you mount heavy weapons. How do mounted gauss or laser cannons sound?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 01, 2016, 11:17:44 am »

....... ACCEPTABLE! However, i do think it would be better as more of a calvary than a tank. Rigth now im the fastest, most agile flying unit in the squad. Well, i will be once i get used to being a dragon.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:19:59 am by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 01, 2016, 11:29:26 am »

Your the only flying unit in the squad until tal finds a spell for that.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 01, 2016, 11:42:47 am »

Technically the Romes are the fastest and most agile flying units.

You aren't good for a Calvary/shock role until you age a bit. At least three times your current size before that.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 01, 2016, 11:56:05 am »

Well, i disagree. Calvary isnt necessarily shock trooper. I was thinking if something like a "buzz n Strafe" tactic. Zoom in, lay down covering fire, zoom out, repeat. Also, No, i am NOT waiting 100 years to fight. I is fighting now.

Like the phantoms in Starcraft.... 1? Was it?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 01, 2016, 11:57:30 am »

You aren't going to be doing strafes without mounted weapons and armor. And they will only be done against enemy groups without ranged abilities.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 01, 2016, 12:07:56 pm »

Little did they know, this was all the GM's plan to turn Frazz into a child that he is. :D
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 01, 2016, 12:45:03 pm »

NOOO!!! YOU SLIPPERY SNAIL!!!!!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 01, 2016, 01:09:30 pm »

Tal's extremely reluctant to let Frazz do anything combat related until he figures out how to use his body. It's the same kind of idea of if you grabbed a random irate midget off the streets, tossed him in a tank, and told him to shoot a thing. He'd be just as likely to cause collateral damage and kill your own side as he would be to hit the enemy.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 204