Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Keeper of The Tower (SG)  (Read 1656 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Keeper of The Tower (SG)
« on: August 08, 2015, 02:59:05 pm »

The bombardment of Fort Sumter signaled the beginning of the Civil War, and America was split in two. This sparked the beginning of the only war America fought against itself. Brother fought brother, father against son, and the preacher was torn apart by his own flock. This war brought much bloodshed and turmoil, and everyone felt its effects for generations to come.

Amongst this destruction, stood a lighthouse keeper. Split among the tides of war, and between earth and sea, he had no affiliation with the war, and did his job as he faithfully did, and as he will always do. His spire lies within the rocks, and is an impenetrable tower when the tides become angry. When the sea grows mischievous, no one enters, and no one leaves.

Now begs the question. Who is the Keeper, and what has brought him to be a servant to his tower, even to the death?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:02:26 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Keeper of The Tower (SG)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 02:59:55 pm »

The shot heard round the world was rev war
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 03:01:23 pm »

Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:03:00 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 03:09:17 pm »

James R. Goodfield.

James family was one of the 3 pioneering families in the town of New Rock (Confederate alias here). His name is well known as a honest man with kindness second only to God. James father is a Union Army officer currently in jail for refusing to rebel citing that he would never fight against "Good christian folks". His Uncle is the prison warden who has maneuvered to get James father under his watch and keep trouble away with food incoming.

For now the Town is content with the Goodfields but James and his wife Martha are worried things will get tense as the war continues. James is broken over whether fighting for one side over the other and is himself a good Samaritan. James friend Ben White is the son of the mayor and an Artillery officer for the confederacy an has made many attempts to get James to pledge use of the lighthouse to the Confederates and deny the union.

James is currently in the light house over looking the waves as they bounce of the walls of rock wondering what to do.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 03:11:27 pm »

James R. Goodfield.

James family was one of the 3 pioneering families in the town of New Rock (Confederate alias here). His name is well known as a honest man with kindness second only to God. James father is a Union Army officer currently in jail for refusing to rebel citing that he would never fight against "Good christian folks". His Uncle is the prison warden who has maneuvered to get James father under his watch and keep trouble away with food incoming.

For now the Town is content with the Goodfields but James and his wife Martha are worried things will get tense as the war continues. James is broken over whether fighting for one side over the other and is himself a good Samaritan. James friend Ben White is the son of the mayor and an Artillery officer for the confederacy an has made many attempts to get James to pledge use of the lighthouse to the Confederates and deny the union.

James is currently in the light house over looking the waves as they bounce of the walls of rock wondering what to do.

+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 04:17:55 pm »

Post to watch.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 04:25:22 pm »

For this suggestion game, I'll perform all actions you've presented, as long as I deem it possible or it doesn't contradict another action. If actions contradict, I'll pick the one I like best. This sound fair? I'll get started tomorrow, most voted character will be our keeper
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 04:39:34 pm »

Cool with me.

First action is to stay until morning. Then go see how the town and our wife is doing. Maybe visit dad if time allows.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 11:36:07 pm »

Bump, to catch the late night bay12ers. Turn tomorrow
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 11:53:56 pm »

James R. Goodfield.

+1

+1 Somes awesome enough

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 11:55:28 pm »

James R. Goodfield.

+1

+1 Somes awesome enough

+1
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 02:04:28 am »

Cool with me.

First action is to stay until morning. Then go see how the town and our wife is doing. Maybe visit dad if time allows.
Volunteers to play as the Wife?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 08:33:39 am »

Do you mean that someone roleplays the wife and everyone suggests the main character or people are only allowed to suggest for one person each update?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 08:39:30 am »

((I was asking for someone to role play the wife, but never mind. If people want, they can put down what the wife says. I'd just need to know what her personality is, so that she's more consistent as a character.))
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 07:00:27 pm »

Night comes and passes, like the tide waxes and wanes. It is a nice summer day, with nice, puffy clouds, and the sea is a calm blue, lightly washing over the rocks. The fields are a a nice blend of green and tan, with grass and wheat flowing gracefully and gently to the tune of a calm summer breeze.

Today, you decide to head to town, and be with your wife for those few times you are free from your marriage to the tower upon the rocks. You climb over the rocks and boulders which act as the steps between the spire and the docks. You climb in your small ship, and feed the engine coal. The ship, happy with its meal, burps up steam, and comes to life, making its way back home, a route well traveled in the blue roads of the tides.

You safely arrive upon the docks of Red Rock, and the small town is bustling with activity, as usual. Fishers fishing, butchers painting cleavers red, and tanners taming the skins of the wild. You walk along, to see that church has just finished its sermon, and among the crowds leaving its door, comes along your wife, surprised and joyful of your surprise return from the lighthouse. You both hug and exchange loving words before strolling towards your humble home. As you enter the door, you see your wife immediately begin making a meal, commenting that you've haven't had a proper meal in days, and she will personally rectify the horrid travesty that is.

So, what's your further course of action?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: [1] 2