Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389570 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (twist: There was never an intern.)
« Reply #8310 on: January 01, 2017, 02:35:42 am »

"...Hey Tal?  I think I might have cracked free energy in an easily interfaceable method.  Just need a piece of heatsink.  Well, maybe two."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:37:46 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: January 01, 2017, 02:43:16 am »

"We technically already did that with Voidplate you know. We just didn't bother exploiting it."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: January 01, 2017, 02:45:27 am »

>That's a good question.

>Maybe invisibility to all but certain wavelengths of light?

"We technically already did that with Voidplate you know. We just didn't bother exploiting it."
"Well, yes, but this would charge the HSS directly."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: January 01, 2017, 02:53:47 am »

>That's a good question.

>Maybe invisibility to all but certain wavelengths of light?
-Will handle the Eric (dynamancer) posts.

You find Eric in one of the warded rooms. Fiddling with.. Something. It's hard to look at and appears to be a floating gaseous creature made of an unknown gas glowing a rather bright yellow light. You think you saw a human eye in it for a second.

"Well, yes, but this would charge the HSS directly."
"Interesting. Let me know when you have a prototype online."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:56:17 am by Kevak »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: January 01, 2017, 02:59:11 am »

>It's going to need a bit of scouting, I have to set it up completely unconnected to this plane so I have full sway over the physical laws, but meanwhile, a set of two HSS that can swap their positions across dimensions would be useful.

"Hi.  You're Eric, right?  I was hoping you could help me make something.  Well, possibly multiple somethings."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:02:25 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: January 01, 2017, 07:06:47 pm »

>Snag the IHSS from the fab deck.

"I am indeed probably Eric. There's an innuendo there in what you just said ya know. Anyways. What do you require?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: January 01, 2017, 07:17:27 pm »

"Oh really?  Do tell, I'll have to add it to my repertoire.

How hard would it be to make something completely invisible and a way to track the location of that completely-invisible thing?

I want to build the magic equivalent of that...thing, with the navigation thingy, where it remembers where things are, basically."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:23:42 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: January 01, 2017, 08:00:17 pm »

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Why are we firing? You haven't even finished the count. You didn't even give them a fair chance to make piece."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: January 01, 2017, 08:26:23 pm »

"Oh really?  Do tell, I'll have to add it to my repertoire.

How hard would it be to make something completely invisible and a way to track the location of that completely-invisible thing?

I want to build the magic equivalent of that...thing, with the navigation thingy, where it remembers where things are, basically."

"It would be quite a bit of a drain on energy to maintain but easy enough to create if we're talking a surface enchantment. I mean, you could just Sigil a noninviburu object? Why does it need to be invisiburu?"

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Why are we firing? You haven't even finished the count. You didn't even give them a fair chance to make piece."
"It's quite clear that John, as a killclone who knows nothing but killing and was bred and raised to kill, does not know how to diplomance. That is why you are firing. In the future John, check to see if it's an orc run warband or a goblin run warband. Goblin run warbands do not respond well to violence when attempting to recruit. That and as is, you just killed most of the village you were trying to recruit. That isn't how you diplomance. Even if it Were orcs they wouldn't respond well."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: January 01, 2017, 11:22:57 pm »

Kress was taken into containment in Dr. Vahlen's floor, where she was spray-cleaned by a high-powered hose, de-contaminated, taken blood and tissue samples, stripped of all of her belongings then led into secured samples containment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's pretty chilly in here.. not having her armor and cloths and stuff is definitely not helping and kind of embarrassing too..

But hey, at least they set up a large, warm fluffy bed in here and waste disposal tube.

"Rest up, we vill commence testings and tracking implant surgery tomorrow." Says Dr. Vahlen. Several scientists in labcoats are left taking notes of Kress's every move, choices and reactions.

-----

Meanwhile...

Near the human's village, Frazz and Jon have pretty much scared the villagers into scattering into the woods still.

Getting them all back together is going to suck..

-----

At the Orc village..

On second Seven, the 150mm HE Shell hits.

Great wall of earth explodes into the air, raining dirt, dust and previously combination of orcs and goblins in a radiance that nearly covers the entire village. Most of the primitive fortifications have already been blown and toppled by the concussive force alone, pretty much nobody were left standing as the force threw them around like rag dolls being played at by a tantrum god.

From the smoking, mostly ruined village, comes a heavily armored figure the shape and size of a human riding ontop of a Kelpie.

"Armored Cavalry spotted." The Sniper would report as he draw a bead on the figure with his scope.

Second Five, HMGs are cocked and ready to fire into the village..
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: January 01, 2017, 11:29:49 pm »

Kress looked around, feeling the cold. Can you turn up the heat pleasse? I undersstand caution, but cold blood and cold ssuroundings iss less than fun No matter the response she'd coil up on the bed, trying to conserve heat... and energy. She just hoped these dirtlings had some at least slightly less barbaric surgeries.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: January 01, 2017, 11:36:37 pm »

It'll most definitely be more barbaric than how the Ethereals does surgery.

"The bed's blankets are powered to be warm." Well, isn't that nice?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: January 01, 2017, 11:46:39 pm »

Indeed it was, she'd wrap herself up all warm and snuggy to wait. She'd expected something like this... here's hoping what Fel had said about defecting working out was true... otherwise she'd just made a very bad mistake.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: January 01, 2017, 11:53:44 pm »

"SON OF A Bi- Danm it. Snipers, keep a bead on them, twelve interns, with me. Grab shotguns and flash bangs. Heavies, fire only if I fall and don't get up. I need exact numbers and an ETA! Shells, one more volley. Wide spread, but avoid the walls. We will need them and I don't want to fix them. I need a bike, Serpents Fang and my EXO suit. If you can throw some extra armor on it in five minutes, that would be great. I will also need an invasion squad of twenty to go en after I win this fight. Center mass shots only. Shot to disable prefered. We need live bodies, not dead."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: January 01, 2017, 11:54:58 pm »

You don't Have interns. Interns aren't permitted in combat zones. Nor are they permitted guns.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 612