Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389813 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6135 on: September 10, 2016, 04:50:31 am »

Once in the penthouse, Zach possesses the wasp body again and tests its limits

R&D receives a message:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:18:38 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6136 on: September 10, 2016, 12:22:43 pm »

Zach's 'possession' of the wasp lasted exactly 3 seconds every time.

Each time you 'wake up', feel that everything is WRONG, then you're back. It's really starting to give you headache the more you try.

R&D Agrees that about 1,000* is as low as it can realistically go for the asked for Chassis with nothing else.

Military Helicopters are really, really not cheap. Especially ones that's meant to be flying tanks.

----

R&D Also have no problem about getting Jon an ammunition backpack, it's quite literally that large ammo dome thing that you usually see on naval ships with straps on it. Damned thing is so heavy that even with your cybernetic body you could only walk at a slow pace with the thing equipped. Some planes have the similar ammunition storage, but those only hold up to like, 2,200 rounds. Your bigfuck backpack of murder holds 4,700 rounds, allowing you to fire non-stop for a whole minute and costing a whopping 587* credits! 50% discount for Foxhound and it's still 294*

Maybe if you ask them really.. Reeeeeally nicely they'll let you have one free per mission?

----

The 'Bold magis are somewhat confused to Tal's explanation, but it makes sense, really. It's really just sleeping darts, fired from guns. Which is like, super cool. Magi Ichabod wants one really bad.

The 'Bolds are just happy they're not dead and none of the others are dead yet. Though they're growing increasingly shameful of the fact that their fellow 'bolds continues to act as Frazz's fur, clinging to him, going around with him and hearing all the classified stuff he hears.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:33:43 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6137 on: September 10, 2016, 12:25:20 pm »

Zach will continue attempting to possess the wasp. Practice makes perfect.

He also inquires on the standalone price of the other components
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: September 10, 2016, 12:35:31 pm »

It continues to be hard-capped at 3 seconds, it seems.

The way it work is just too different! now only if you have a cloned hivemind or something to help relay your understandings and order..

You find your nose bleeding after repeated attempts.

R&D also tell you to stop pestering them about the prices, go ask marketing or Logistics or something, they've got !!SCIENCE!! to do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: September 10, 2016, 12:37:30 pm »

Jon will swing by R&D and ask if his ammo backpack's done yet.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: September 10, 2016, 12:40:20 pm »

"Shall we swing by the armory then and grab ya a tranq pistol then Ichabold? Actually may as well arm all of you. I need to grab a new flashbang and a couple new tranq clips anyways."

"Jon. You're free to use Foxhound funds for the massive quantity of ammo. Just. Try not to use it all at once. Shit's expensive."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: September 10, 2016, 12:41:36 pm »

They had to take it from a landcruiser, but yes. Your ammo backpack is done, try not to waste so much ammo, those are expensive.

The Magis are eager to try out modern human weapons.

They've heard of the so-called human holy relics, after all.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: September 10, 2016, 12:55:55 pm »

"The ancient pieces of crap that Gaian humans wield are quite literally centuries old modern Akras Brand Weaponry. Obviously we didn't build them well enough because they became less effecitve with age. R&D is fixing that as we speak. We don't half ass our weapons. They are not holy in any way shape or form. The closest thing to 'holy' would be the laser weapons. Which use an arcane heatsink to prevent heating issues. Which is magic. Specifically enchantment. Not divinity. Quite the difference. We aren't actually sure how they got their hands on them, they most definitely didn't pay for them after all. Current theory is temporal displacement of some kind. We haven't been making these types of weapons long enough for them to show signs of age. Anywho. Follow me." Tal leads the Magi to one of the several armories.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: September 10, 2016, 09:09:52 pm »

Wark and Vigil has been inseparable, but she needs to eat, and he is hungry. . . . so, maybe an old habit can die hard. Order a sheep and two chickens and invite Aria to a cook out!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6144 on: September 10, 2016, 10:46:23 pm »

"Tal, I have lost Chad in the vent systems and cannot find anyone willing to crawl through them. Him and his friends have abandoned their trackers, too. I picked up a braindead wasp clone to try and possess to do it, but I keep on getting kicked out of its body after about three seconds. Do I need more power? More control? More practice? More monkeys? Actually, come to think of it, it may be that last one." Zach orders three monkeys brought to the penthouse along with two braindead wasp drone clones. Hopefully a smaller body may be more manageable. he also gets the appropriate magi (Eros, Kai) to assist him in his inquiries.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:54:12 pm by Insanegame27 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: September 10, 2016, 10:51:44 pm »

"Give it up then. The Kobold'll either escape into Modern Day Terra and be our of our hair or it'll get shot by automated defenses. Vahlen can just clone a new Kobold to play with."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6146 on: September 10, 2016, 10:58:17 pm »

"Tal, I don't want to be useless in yet another battle. Nor do I want to be a hindrance like I was in the last expedition. I am aiming to be able to turn entire swathes of enemies against each other with my mind, or strike them down immediately from the mind. If I can't get this right now, with one target, how am I going to go against a thousand in the heat of battle?"

"Can someone check if Magi Eros is awake? Also fetch me Magi Kai, too."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: September 10, 2016, 11:01:27 pm »

"It is entirely the perogative of the Magi if they wish to help you with whatever you are attempting to do. What are you attempting to do exactly?"

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: September 10, 2016, 11:07:41 pm »

"Something incredibly stupid."

Frazz than goes off and orders several gallons of black war-paint and several customized mini-harnesses for his Kobold Elites to wear
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: September 10, 2016, 11:12:02 pm »

"Agent Frazz. The Mundane Kobolds are not to recieve modern weaponry until they undergo corporate compliance courses and basic weapons handling training."
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 612