Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390661 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4785 on: July 12, 2016, 06:47:50 am »

((I would recommend taking the village, still I mean, we basically have it. I don't recommend making more holes in the wall. I do recommend surrounding, now, and calling for a secondary medical team to come and carry Zach away, and for a gaurd team to come in as well, since we are dealing with an entire village. We don't want a single person to escape, now. If Aria could help with. . . Hmmm. . . Going through the village and locating weapons caches, that would help.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 12, 2016, 08:28:38 am »

Drones are to encircle. All runners are to be shot. Lets begin the slow relocation of the main base to nearby, Zach is going to need longterm medical treatment and having to haul his ass back to the base over the course or several hours through a zone of rough terrain is a bad idea.

"Alrighty, mopup time. Terminate anyone armed or attempting to flee. Someone secure Zach's body and stop him from bleeding out, it's easier to repair living tissue then it is to raise the dead. A reminder, do not touch the kelpie like creatures. You are free to terminate one from afar for dissection later however. Jon, as you aren't particularly squishy, find a local and attempt communication, if they can speak Terran Common or a dialect we can focus on uplifting. If they cannot then we are going to focus on using them for materials until we figure out their language. Notably I wish to see how plausible it is to create a sympathetic bond between one person and another to transfer Zach's wounds to the bloke who gets the short end of the bond. Easier to heal wounds that never existed in the first place."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4787 on: July 12, 2016, 08:32:52 am »

Drones are to encircle. All runners are to be shot. Lets begin the slow relocation of the main base to nearby, Zach is going to need longterm medical treatment and having to haul his ass back to the base over the course or several hours through a zone of rough terrain is a bad idea.

"Alrighty, mopup time. Terminate anyone armed or attempting to flee. Someone secure Zach's body and stop him from bleeding out, it's easier to repair living tissue then it is to raise the dead. A reminder, do not touch the kelpie like creatures. You are free to terminate one from afar for dissection later however. Jon, as you aren't particularly squishy, find a local and attempt communication, if they can speak Terran Common or a dialect we can focus on uplifting. If they cannot then we are going to focus on using them for materials until we figure out their language. Notably I wish to see how plausible it is to create a sympathetic bond between one person and another to transfer Zach's wounds to the bloke who gets the short end of the bond. Easier to heal wounds that never existed in the first place."
((Think you meant synthetic?))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: July 12, 2016, 08:43:01 am »

((Nope! Tis a reference to This magic system. Basically it reflects various traits and effects from one object or person to another object or person. The output object recieves an effect in the form of for lack of better word 'sympathy' from the input object. If Zach's the input and Redshirt McRed is the output, ideally it would end in Zach's injuries being reflected onto Redshirt McRed if done properly. Or if the intent is to spread the same injury around, it might split the injury between them, or if it was a sympathetic web then everyone connected would get a share of the injury. Can't project it if you don't have a regent for it, in this case the injury is the projecting regent.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: July 12, 2016, 11:11:19 am »

Get to Zach, carried by Frazz if it's faster. Avoid landing on Zach. Start fixing him. If the guy that stabbed Zach still lives, shoot him.
"Will do, Tal. As soon as I'm done with this mess, that is."

As an addition to my previous action, once Zach is stabilized - follow Tal's suggestion and find a local and attempt to communicate. Try to get them to surrender.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: July 12, 2016, 12:36:57 pm »

Gauss the wall. Aim away from allies.

You aim your large Anti-Everything Gauss rifle to a section of the wall away from the main fighting and squeezed the trigger. In an instant, the weapon's large power reserve projected itself into accelerating the stake within. By the time it pushed itself out of the barrel, it was going fast enough to break several sound barriers, causing an ear-shattering explosion of force that sent shockwaves not unlike that from a tank's cannon, kicking up dirt, grass and branches. The recoil dampeners hisses and strained as they do their part, mechanically absorbing the shock, leaving it only kicking like an oversized mule on steroid.

Within an instant later, the wall section that you've been aiming at wrapped at the contact point, the swirling force causing it to implode into itself as wood and dirt was pierced right through, the shockwave following behind it widening the hole until it became an explosion of dirt and wood, literally leveling that section of the wall entirely.

The stake continues, going through a house unopposed. It's mud construct useless in stopping the destructive force and both ends of the house shattered into dozen wrapped hardened mud pieces, straw roofing kicking up high into the air from the force.

Not content to only destroy the wall and a house, your stake continues onwards and managed to punch itself into the windmill's support, snapping off the structure's leg before flying through to who-knows-where. Knocking down a few trees along the way, presumably.

The Windmill groaned under it's own weight before it tilts then collapses entirely onto itself into a heap a moment later.

[Penetration Success.]
[Penetration Success.]
[Penetration Success.]

Frazz swoops down, picks up Jon, and deposits him on top of Zach

"SPECIAL DELIVERY!"

Picking Jon up, you just realize how fucking heavy the man is. It almost snapped your damned wrists picking him up as fast like that, he weights like a damned T-800 or something! but you're a dragon and managed to fly him over to drop him like a bomb in Zach's general area anyway.

[Strength Success.]
[Flight Success.]
[Accuracy Success.]

Zach throws another knife at the man's throat.

Despite swimming in a world of pain, you manage to draw another knife out and toss it at close range, connecting it to the man's throat as you had hoped, dooming him. You didn't have time to congratulate yourself before everything went dark and the pain finally left your mind, for now.

[Accuracy Success.]
[Penetration Success.]
[Good Damage.]

[Heavy Bleeding.]
[Right Arm disabled.]
[Legs Disabled.]
[Will save failed.]

[Death save 1 Success.]

Off to where Zach might have landed. The dragon would be a good indicator of where he is.

You sprint through the village to find Zach just as he killed the Militia close to him, all seems well until your squadmate just kinda droop and crumple into the floor there.. An instant later something crashes close to him.

Get to Zach, carried by Frazz if it's faster. Avoid landing on Zach. Start fixing him. If the guy that stabbed Zach still lives, shoot him.

In retrospect, it may not have been a great idea to be carried by a dragon and then dive-bombed into the ground without having any idea on how to land safely, after all it is what got Zach into the situation at first.

But as you contemplate on this meaning of life while falling at the ground with the grace of a solid brick, you finally realized the answer to that damned puzzle in that Water level in Half Life 3.

Then it hit you.

The ground was unsurprisingly hard, and you crashes into it with a dull 'Thunk!'. Creating a perfect imprint of yourself on the ground without even bouncing once. Your body strained and ached, but it got better just as fast as it got uncomfortable.

Huh, doesn't hurt, really. You think you're perfectly fine! not wasting a moment, you pushes yourself off of the hole that you have made and went to stabilize Zach. Your built-in scalpel comes incredibly handy to cut open his arm and remove the spear, you think it might be better to just amputate his right arm and legs entirely and work from there. Whatever you do, you'll have to do it quick.

[Armor save Success]
[Medical success]

You ordered the drones to rush into the village and secure it, Leftover Militiamen were shot without a second thought. The bullets ripping into them with ease, leaving nobody outside alive. Looks like the only people left are the ones hiding inside the stone building.

The mobile base rumbles to life once again as it begin to move towards the village, turning over trees and anything in it's path.

"Will do, Tal. As soon as I'm done with this mess, that is."

As an addition to my previous action, once Zach is stabilized - follow Tal's suggestion and find a local and attempt to communicate. Try to get them to surrender.

Did you amputate Zach yourself? Either way, you think you've done all you could. And whether Zach survives or dies is no longer in your hands. The remaining natives seems to be inside the stone building, how do you proceed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Vigil was sprinting over to see Zach being stabilized, Maximus enters through one of the many holes in the wall with the drones. Having little to do and nobody to shoot, the Pseudo roman just seems happy to get to walk outside again.

One of those Kelpie-looking creatures that was grazing obliviously looks up at Vigil, tilts it's head and begin to approach him.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: July 12, 2016, 12:53:54 pm »

"For fucks sake guys, can we at least try to to shoot only the ones being aggressive?"
Frazz bunches over where Zach and Jon are, providing cover
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: July 12, 2016, 03:07:17 pm »

"If they dropped their weapons, they'd be designated as "Nonhostile. If they continue holding them, they're hostile."

"Vigil heads up, one of the Kelpie are headed towards ya based on your helmet feed, stay at range. Shoot it if it gets within fifteen meters."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4793 on: July 12, 2016, 05:32:29 pm »

((inb4 Zach becomes Vader))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: July 12, 2016, 05:36:40 pm »

Vigil will walk to one of the houses and knock on the door. Politely. If nobody opens it in 10 seconds, then he will brake it down, with his sword, calmly put it away, point to a random occupant and then point to the strange horse-like creature.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: July 12, 2016, 05:46:16 pm »

Vigil will walk to one of the houses and knock on the door. Politely. If nobody opens it in 10 seconds, then he will brake it down, with his sword, calmly put it away, point to a random occupant and then point to the strange horse-like creature.

Nobody is in any of the houses, they're all in that stone building in the middle of the village.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: July 12, 2016, 05:47:13 pm »

Stone building it is, then.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: July 12, 2016, 05:54:57 pm »

Move toward the stone building gun up and yell, "Drop your weapons and surrender and you'll live any further resistance and you will die!!"

If any of the soldiers don't drop their weapons put three rounds into them.

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: July 12, 2016, 05:58:31 pm »

Move toward the stone building gun up and yell, "Drop your weapons and surrender and you'll live any further resistance and you will die!!"

If any of the soldiers don't drop their weapons put three rounds into them.

All the soldiers outside were already gunned down by the drones, and you can't see through into the stone building to see if the people inside are holding any weapons or not. But you're quite certain that it's probably filled with people who wouldn't or couldn't pick up arms to fight and defend their homes anyway.

Probably meant you killed all of their good hands, leaving the young, the old and women inside.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: July 12, 2016, 05:58:54 pm »

(('iilqa' alssilah walaistislam wasawf taeish 'ay muqawamat 'ukhraa, wasawf yamwt!))

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 612