Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390706 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4665 on: July 02, 2016, 06:41:04 pm »

"You know, I miss the old days where we actually get to see what we're shooting and feel the recoil of our guns to our shoulders." Maximus mused to no one in particular after everyone have taken a brief rest through the night. After some 12 hours of just utter darkness, 'Dawn' began, light creeping back into the world once again, bringing morning life to all.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4666 on: July 02, 2016, 07:11:41 pm »

"Alright guys, what's the plan? I think we should start our assault or whatever you want to call it just before lunchtime for the locals. That way they're focused more on their stomachs than their guard duty. Or we can just use our technologic superiority to just bust through now. Your call, Tal."
Zach straps on his knife rig and tests the string on his bow.

((I still have 3 points left, I'll stick them into muscle-propelled weapons))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: July 02, 2016, 07:38:05 pm »

"This is an idiotic plan. I'll go along, and I'll defend myself if need be, but I am not attacking"
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: July 02, 2016, 08:00:39 pm »

"You know we're standing on something that can potentially destroy the whole place from where we are now with a touch of a few buttons. Right? I don't think it'd matter if you come or not, or if we decide to not even leave out the door." Maximus pointed out.

"Hell, we could all be sitting on our asses back at the camp remote controlling the whole Op and it would go just as fine, probably. In fact, why are we even here? I sure aren't getting my glorious battle." the pseudo Roman complained, experiencing existential crisis.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4669 on: July 02, 2016, 09:42:44 pm »

"Why are we here?" Zach parrots the Roman, "It’s one of life’s great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence, or is there really a God watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don’t know, man, but it keeps me up at night."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: July 03, 2016, 06:36:10 am »

"We're likely here so the Magi have an excuse to.. Try new things."

"I think we should probably send a few drones in to subjugate. Test out the new bipedial chassises."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: July 03, 2016, 11:50:23 am »

"We've only the threaded and flying drones on this thing, though. Didn't have a place to put the new bipedal ones." A. Carmine pointed out, much to your disappointment.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: July 03, 2016, 04:39:43 pm »

"Ah. A shame. Treaded works for this methinks. Thiiiink they can drive directly through that wooden wall?"

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: July 03, 2016, 05:47:11 pm »

"Here a day and we're already subjugating the natives, Cortez would be proud. Lets not treat them entirely like property though they might know things and be useful in ways unexpected. And while interrogation is always a possibility.....its not the cleanest and getting them to work with us is probably the better option. But you're the boss Tal and things can always change in the mean time, but i'm ready to rock and roll sir."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: July 03, 2016, 06:16:02 pm »

((Hey, could we lay off the drones? I mean, i know its the future and all, but its kinda boring being a dragon and not having nothing to eat/bite/maim/scorch.))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: July 03, 2016, 06:44:09 pm »

The Carmines eyeballed the wall and shook their head. "It's got lots of dirt packed in there, I think if we shoot at a section of it with enough high explosives it should loosen the dirt and wall enough for the drones to crawl over? otherwise the only thing we have that could just roll through would probably be the base we're in right now. Or Frazz, I don't know how he'd do against a wall."

[Yeah, drones are real useful but they were never meant to replace players. Plus even now each one of you, maybe excluding kyoko, are far more skilled and powerful than a few drones. Armored with D001A Plates and you could take on dozens of drones with default loadout easily. Hell, Frazz can fight 'em naked!]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 06:46:31 pm by vkiNm »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4676 on: July 03, 2016, 07:13:37 pm »

[I agree, Drones are reducing player retention IMO.]
"Frazz is a dragon. Dragons were made for terrorizing villages."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: July 03, 2016, 07:25:31 pm »

[You know what I think I should do?

I think I should give out points based on how involved the player characters got. I mean, you'll get stronger, more skillful and powerful if you're actually in the field risking yourselves doing stuff, right? And not so much sitting in the safe, comfort of your super bunker while controlling dozens of drones. Well, you'd get lots of drone controls but who the hell manually control swarms of drones by themselves anymore, right? :P]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4678 on: July 03, 2016, 07:37:22 pm »

"Well, this has been fun and all, but... It's more than a little boring. I feel like taking a hike, anyone wanna come?"

[I agree wholeheartedly. No points for the lazy.]

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: July 03, 2016, 07:51:05 pm »

"We gotta keep eyes on the drones." Droned the Carmines.

"Tis up to Tal." Says Maximus.

[It's not no points for the lazy, since there might be people who simply didn't have a chance to do stuff. But a more.. Risk-Reward thing. Like, are you really willing to risk this for maybe a bonus in point or two or so? or would you prefer to just bomb it to shit from afar. The greedy might gain lots of points quick, but they're very much more likely to die and have to start all over. While the Cautious is more of a long-term game, constantly growing, with excitements here and there but nothing too crazy.

What does people think?]
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 612