Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390983 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Someone just had eldritch cowbabies)
« Reply #3990 on: March 23, 2016, 08:18:17 pm »

Jane will receive up Zach's chatting. And the Wiznerds are trying to chat up Jane's friends, who are absolutely creeped out.

---

R&D received order to bring down an intact suit of armor from a recovered fight, they does a shrug and does so as asked, It came from Foxhound, afterall. After affixing it to a post, Zander shoots at it with his laser rifle. Again, super simple. No recoil, just heat. A hole was punched through the armor in nearly an instant! Clean and still sizzling with molten metal.

---

Frazz arrives at the shooting range, hulking over pretty much everyone and clogging traffic horribly. His fireball seems to go about as far as he could spot, which is several meters on a good day. And it's Draconic flames, it'd melt pretty much anything. Though it cools down fast enough to not melt through the floor, which is good.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: March 23, 2016, 08:24:00 pm »

"Sir,i think we should test the weapon out on a two hundred and fifty millimeter plate of steal to fully test its capability's as it may be better then gauss for anti tank purposes."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3992 on: March 23, 2016, 08:37:38 pm »

Zach will, after a long chat, ask Jane if she wants to be the communications handler for Foxhound.

((This means that Jane would get a slightly better office giving tactical overview with all the gadgets from back at base. In short, she'd be out link back to the company and orders for us would come through her if they weren't important enough for the boss-man to give it to us ourselves))

The songs playing on Aria and Vigil's phones change yet again, and Zach imagines the people in the theatre won't be too happy with Aria and Vigil.

Zach will ping R&D about a invisibility/hologram kit for the mechs in progress while he talks.
"Oh, we're investing in mech suits, any preferences, Kyoko? I guess you could ride shotgun and do the weapon systems of mine while I hack or I cover you when you're operating drones, like one of those sybmi... Tal, I need the word for when something is beneficial to both parties... relationship thingies."
((Tal answered, but VKInM and Kyoko didn't))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:28 pm »

"I believe Nalvi is correct,Zach." Kyoko then goes to the nearest chair and sits down as she opens up the can she was given earlier and takes a sip of it.
(I did respond by agreeing with tal.)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: March 23, 2016, 10:01:47 pm »

"Sir,i think we should test the weapon out on a two hundred and fifty millimeter plate of steal to fully test its capability's as it may be better then gauss for anti tank purposes."
"That's a good idea, we should also test the range and see at what distances it remains effective".
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: March 23, 2016, 10:07:56 pm »

Also, R&D Finally responded to Zach saying that they.. could probably combine the usage of cameras and screens to produce an 'invisibility' effect.. but no amount of powerful holograms is going to completely make something behind it invisible. That's just plain not possible.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: March 24, 2016, 01:14:44 am »

((The lasers at no point will be better Anti Material Weapons then Gauss. Gauss causes structural warping from the impact. Instead of turning a tank into swiss cheese like a laser would, Gauss turns it into shredded beef.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: March 24, 2016, 01:18:41 am »

((The lasers at no point will be better Anti Material Weapons then Gauss. Gauss causes structural warping from the impact. Instead of turning a tank into swiss cheese like a laser would, Gauss turns it into shredded beef.))

(^ This. The Laser is a precision weapon. If you could get it through the armor, sure, maybe you'd set off the HE ammunitions in there. That is, if you know where it is. or at least maybe give the crew really, really bad burns. But the effect is probably a lot less if they so much as polish the tank a bit too shiny.)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3998 on: March 24, 2016, 01:42:46 am »

((The thing is, though, if the tank has armor good enough to make the Gauss ricochet then a laser is the only thing that will do the job))

Zach sends RD back, "What if we have 2 separate systems for the job? An invisibility suit-like system and a hologram maker?"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00:34 am »

((If the gauss ricochets then you didn't aim it at the right angle. Tanks are Built to make antitank weapons ricochet if aimed at certain angles.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: March 24, 2016, 04:08:17 am »

The R&D Sent back that then it would simply be too expensive, unwieldy and generally over-complicated as a stealth system that can easily be detected via IR. Oh it'll do wonders to the naked eye, no doubt, but it's not going to mask your heat signature or anything.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4001 on: March 24, 2016, 04:12:16 am »

PM them back, "Didn't you guys develop some kind of quantum heatsink?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: March 24, 2016, 04:37:02 am »

"Speaking of heatsinks. Who's up for a bit of enchanting? I have a feeling we can make a few things that R&D will like to play with."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: March 24, 2016, 04:55:47 am »

The Wiznerd battalion all sounded up excitedly. Seriously, it's like a sports fan. Only with very pointy, very sharp ritualistic knives and black cultist robes and slightly more blood sacrifices.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: March 24, 2016, 04:59:28 am »

"First on the enchanting list, there's a relatively low difficulty ritual that results in a stone that functionally eats eat. Flat out breaks thermodynamics. Lets make a pile of them and send them down to R&D to play with. Think of the toys we could get out of that."
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 612