Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391674 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2460 on: February 05, 2016, 08:02:33 pm »

Vigils heart beat, sending a rush of adrenalin filled oxygen through his system. They were way to slow, but brave. That mass was brave. So he showed them the honor due to them. No mercy. He bounced to action, allowing the rage, left in him to burn, giving him far more energy than most would have thought capable. His joints snapped into position, and then his muscles pushed him forward. There was a cool rush in the air above him as some guy swung a Kilij where his chest once was. Vigil jumped back, and, faster than the woman swinging the combat knife could react, grabbed her arm and yanked her right into the way, seizing her weapon as her body scrunched up in a mixture of pain and muscle lock. Before she could collapse into the ground, though, he let the arm controlling her torso to extend out with great force, palming her now dead weight into his assailant, while positioning himself into a sideways roll that allowed him to flank three more men, one of which was wielding two bo staff.

Vigil's hand twitched as the combat knife flew out and hit the man in the arm, which instantly cramped in mid-lift, as he tried to turn around to follow the rapid movement. It took only a second for Vigil's roll to land him back on his feet, as the next two turned around, to meet him. They, and anyone else who managed to look at his face saw not the smile of pity that dawned his face, before the match begun, nor the calm, almost bored expression that usually would mask his walks on by. No, they saw the smile of a man who felt the thrill of fighting otherworldy enemies that surpassed human ability and thirst for more.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:30:54 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 05, 2016, 08:50:25 pm »

It was quite amazing, seeing the man in action. Though his first few victims weren't very guarded and no doubt the least experienced, the remainders are more guarded then. Trying to surround him, prepared to parry his strikes. The differences in skills are obvious, and Vigil's speed seems almost unnatural.

Zachery's knives bounced off his opponent's shield, and when he was taking out his own, the Security guy charges! he attempts to Ram Zachery onto his ass!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2462 on: February 05, 2016, 09:03:27 pm »

Zach jumps out of the way. The guy he's facing obviously has experience on his side. Zach finishes unfolding his own shield and faces the man.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: February 05, 2016, 09:28:49 pm »

Vigil managed to out three people, and didn't even touch either of his own weapons, he watched as a large guy with a long sword charged at at him, screaming, trying, hopelessly, to intimidate the man who stared down 001A and kept his cool. His legs moved quickly as he grasped tall bastards hand, and, with a hearty jumping flip to the left, heard a sicking pop, as a throwing dagger flew past were Vigil's legs once were.
Though the goliath's arm had been broken, it had not been pulled straight off, and, Vigil used a combination of his own weight, the weight of his opponent, and the momentum of his jump to knock the man straight onto the ground, howling in pain, as Vigil rolled up in front of the face of the knife thrower. His movements were much slower than Maximus' trigger finger. The man did not practice nearly enough. And the price for that was three rapid punches to the gut, and Vigil's hand deftly pulled three throwing knives out from their sheaths, and then, gripping on to his chest, with the fist that just punched him, turned him around to the lady who thought she would be able to sneek up on him, and stab him from behind with a Miao Dao. Her body clenched tight as she fell to the floor, her sword striking at Vigil's impromptu shield, as his new throwing knife struck true in her belly.

Six down.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 05, 2016, 09:42:11 pm »

Throughout all this, the Lady with the Rapier have been keeping her distance, watching, observing, learning. The way she steps around him while she learn suggest familiarity with fencing. Her weapon might be light, but she only needed one good prod to Vigil's chest to beat him, after all. Something tells Vigil that she's not going to be so easy as the rest..

Zachery finds himself charged again by his opponent, Shield crashing into shield as he brutes you. He put his weight into the ram much like a riot officer shoving off people trying to murder them, his electric baton jabbing forward swiftly from behind the bash.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2465 on: February 05, 2016, 09:51:21 pm »

Zachary stops the baton with one of his knives, jabbing the guy's hand with his knife around the locked shields. I have to get that shield off of him, Zachary thinks.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 06, 2016, 01:51:07 am »

Vigil would observe his peripheral vision. Most of the others who were trying to crowd at him had either fallen or surrendered in fear. This woman, to not show the same fear, or to try an attack him directly, must be quite smart. So he matched her in patience, taking a stance, bending low, with his legs ready to push off at any time. If she tried to thrust at him at any time, he could just dodge to the right, into a rolling dodge, so any swing at him would miss without a windup period, in which he would long be out of the way when that happened. His 'Betsy Replica' could then be whipped out, mid-roll, and sweep her right off her feet, and he rolled back to his feet.

(Sorry. Passed out)
If she tried to swing at him, all he would have to do is dodge backwards, or tumble straight past her, and disable her with a swift throw of one of the two knives left.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: February 06, 2016, 04:58:26 am »

Zachary stops the baton with one of his knives, jabbing the guy's hand with his knife around the locked shields. I have to get that shield off of him, Zachary thinks.

You were barely able to parry the baton away with your knife, your weapon offering good advantage at such close range, though your attempt to move your knife around and jab his hand were thwarted when he yanked his shield to the side, throwing your arm off and shouldering into your shield, causing you to lose your balance and nearly trip.

Vigil would observe his peripheral vision. Most of the others who were trying to crowd at him had either fallen or surrendered in fear. This woman, to not show the same fear, or to try an attack him directly, must be quite smart. So he matched her in patience, taking a stance, bending low, with his legs ready to push off at any time. If she tried to thrust at him at any time, he could just dodge to the right, into a rolling dodge, so any swing at him would miss without a windup period, in which he would long be out of the way when that happened. His 'Betsy Replica' could then be whipped out, mid-roll, and sweep her right off her feet, and he rolled back to his feet.

If she tried to swing at him, all he would have to do is dodge backwards, or tumble straight past her, and disable her with a swift throw of one of the two knives left.

The majority of your opponents have already been downed and taken off the stage, leaving the few that is just more or less waiting for you to make your move. Circling around you, keeping you turning around to keep eyes on all of them.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2468 on: February 06, 2016, 05:23:52 am »

Zachary sets his feet to stop himself tripping before pushing off, angling his shield so that they both get behind each other. Zachary then throws three knives behind him before the other guy can turn around and keeps running to get ground between them.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: February 06, 2016, 02:53:42 pm »

Vigil keeps watching and waiting as the people carefully danced around him, fearful of his next attack, which would never come. He would also notice two security guards fighting in the background, which he would do nothing about.
((How large of a birth are they giving me? How many are there?))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 06, 2016, 03:46:43 pm »

Zachary sets his feet to stop himself tripping before pushing off, angling his shield so that they both get behind each other. Zachary then throws three knives behind him before the other guy can turn around and keeps running to get ground between them.

Blindly throwing knives behind you may seemed like a bad idea to the common person, but it actually worked! with so little time for reaction, your opponent was only half way through his turn before a stray knife smacked into his back, making he seizes up and drops to the ground!

Vigil keeps watching and waiting as the people carefully danced around him, fearful of his next attack, which would never come. He would also notice two security guards fighting in the background, which he would do nothing about.
((How large of a birth are they giving me? How many are there?))

Now there's only three left circling around you, including the rapier girl. Then they move in for a joint attack. With two coming in from both sides, one of them making a wide, high swing and another with a low, wide swing. The fencer lady thrusted herself forward, fast like a viper to try and poke you in the mid.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: February 06, 2016, 07:15:34 pm »

Vigil popped towards the high swinging opponent, with his back hip, keeping his head low, but at just high enough to not get hit with the rapier. The hope was that he went back far enough to dodge getting caught in the leg by the low swinging swordsman, while also putting himself at just the right able to throw the man behind him overhead and to the ground, while disarming him.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2472 on: February 07, 2016, 01:58:49 am »

Zachary takes the stun baton and clips it to his belt, it may come in useful. He retreats to the edge of the fight, looking for others who are staying away from the general melee.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 07, 2016, 04:15:48 am »

Vigil popped towards the high swinging opponent, with his back hip, keeping his head low, but at just high enough to not get hit with the rapier. The hope was that he went back far enough to dodge getting caught in the leg by the low swinging swordsman, while also putting himself at just the right able to throw the man behind him overhead and to the ground, while disarming him.

Things looked good when you dodged the low swing, but then quickly went downhil as the high swing adjusted ever so slightly, grazing your arm in the process. Pain shot up through your body as your left arm seizes up and stopped working. Though you're still able to ram into the guy who was making a high swing and make both of you tumble onto the floor, you weren't quite able to disarm him.

The remaining two are closing in for the kill!

Zachary is watching this from the edge, currently there's only him, Vigil and that three others that's left in the fight, one of them is tangled on the floor with Vigil.

It looks like it'll be just him soon if he doesn't decide to help a brother out.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2474 on: February 07, 2016, 04:21:16 am »

Zach throws a hailstorm of knives at those attacking Vigil, "You wanna kick a guy who's down!? Then you shall do it in the shade!" ((300 reference)) He throws the knives until he has twelve throwing knives left. He still has his shield, the stunbaton, two combat knives. He also tries not to hit Vigil. If he can get the attention of the rapier chick and the guy not tangled up with Vigil then that'll be good.

EDIT changed my targets.

((Yes, I know it's a free-for-all, but I have something in mind, and that is a rehash of their first sparring match, except Zachary has a number of knives.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:00:05 am by Insanegame27 »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 612