Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391505 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #2025 on: January 24, 2016, 03:11:18 pm »

The suits got into cover, some advancing up to and around the half-squad.

Tal draws his Gauss pistol as he says this, taking cover behind a display rack, locking the pistol in the arm bracing he acquired from R&D specifically for that purpose before the outing and firing at any suit in range. Through whatever cover they are behind. Gauss weapons don't really have to deal with cover. Very convenient.

There was the kick that would've normally fuck your wrist up as the Gauss pistol fired. Making a loud, powerful crack as a spike the size of a pencil were shot out at four times the speed of sound, the blast was actually enough to blow a few loose leaflets and papers away. The arm brace worked wonderfully, evening out the recoil to a much more managable level. Though it still hurts your arm somewhat.. Firing this thing at full auto will definitely not be feasible unless better recoil dampening becomes a thing.

The spike that was shot at such a point-blank range considered it's effective range punched straight through the counter that the unfortunate suit was ducked behind with enough force that the immediate surface area of the counter crunched and warped right in on itself, the effect from a weapon that was better suited for shooting at armored vehicles hitting soft targets is apparent. Though you didn't get a good view on the impact against your target, the explosion of blood and gore bits that splattered messily against the wall gave you a pretty good idea what happened. The spike would then continue to travel through the wall, crippling, maiming and killing many others that were unfortunate enough to be in it's path.

Get behind some cover and check if I brought my .45 (and open fire on the suits). If I haven't:

"Tal, permission to corrupt blood?"

Fortunately you brought your .45 with you and fired a couple of AP rounds down the range at the advancing suits, making them duck into cover and fire their own weapons back at you. Bullet whizzes past by and pinged off the tiled floor, kicking up ceramics that definitely would hurt if a fragment hits your fleshy bit.

Zachary stops fighting with whatever's stopping him but remembers how to get back in to the fight. He then draws four throwing knives and throws them at the nearest suit clear of any civilian, then fall back into cover and draw my .45

You spotted a suit rounding a corner on your Aisle with his weapon draw, he drew a bead on you just as you draw your knives and threw them.

While the knives were mid-air, the suit managed to squeeze a burst from his machine pistol..

As three out of four of your knives connected to the man, sending him strumbling back into cover, you feel as if your breath have been punched out of you. It hurts, but thanks to a good Con save, you didn't double down to your knees and are still on your feet, though barely. And the pain in your stomach and chest area is making itself painfully known.

Come and get me you fuckers, I sure hope you didn't want an open coffin at your funerals!!

Zander slides into cover against the aisle, covering the way we came readying his duster prepared to fire. A look of pure fury etched into his face, he's locked in and he sees red only their deaths will suffice now.

A suit that was trying to advance up on your side decided to rethink his options and swiftly returned to his cover. He fires a burst from his machine pistol at your general direction, but his bullets found only ground, guitars and Arthur's bag of books.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:13:51 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: January 24, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »

Fire off additional shots. Aim for the Suits in hard cover. Let the squad handle those in softer cover.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: January 24, 2016, 03:17:49 pm »

-snip-
"Agreed."

She nods to Vigil, and follows Jenny and Maximus.
"Jenny. Aria. When you two leave this building, I will be tailing you."
With that, Vigil adjusted 'Betsy' so that it was much closer to his side, and then, did his best to vanish in the crowds.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: January 24, 2016, 03:30:47 pm »

-snip-
"Agreed."

She nods to Vigil, and follows Jenny and Maximus.
"Jenny. Aria. When you two leave this building, I will be tailing you."
With that, Vigil adjusted 'Betsy' so that it was much closer to his side, and then, did his best to vanish in the crowds.

Vigil blend in with a crowd as the group left for the Parking lot. Even from here you could hear gunfire! the majority of the shoppers are already making their way for the exit, not wanting to be victims to a crazed gunman in a loaded mall.

"Sounds like trouble." Maximus concluded.

You could go see what's the gunfire about, or you could continue to the Van as Tal told you to.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2029 on: January 24, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »

Zachary gets in the best cover he can before checking for bleeding, if there is much damage he will activate the SOS beacon on his Rosetta tablet.

Also recall where my knives hit the other guy and the likliness of him still being in action.

switch my Barretta's rubber rounds for lethals.

"Guys, I'm hit, but I don't know how bad."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:50:20 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: January 24, 2016, 03:38:58 pm »

"Apply pressure."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: January 24, 2016, 03:39:27 pm »

Zander will  fire several quick bursts at the suit who shot at him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:45:00 pm by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: January 24, 2016, 03:53:24 pm »

If Zach is nearby and I'm not being shot at too much, then slide over to him and take a look at his wound. Apply medical aid if it's life threatening. Otherwise keep shooting at the suits.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: January 24, 2016, 03:55:57 pm »

Vigil had stealth on his side as he followed the group, and valiantly he fought back the onsetting agoraphobia and claustrophobia. Keeping close enough to keep them in sight. That feeling of slowly being dragged below the bellowing waves of bodies as they pushed and shoved, dragging him farther and further and further from safety. He kept his mind focused as he pushed harder through the mass, trying hard to keep up with the three, but far enough that. . .  he was holding on to Aria's hand again.

"There are too many moving people. It would be better if we keep close so we arnt just picked off."
Yah. That was a "nice save. . . " crap.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 24, 2016, 03:58:13 pm »

"Right, that makes sense."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: January 24, 2016, 04:21:32 pm »

Also recall where my knives hit the other guy and the likliness of him still being in action.

You recall that two knives hit the guy square in the chest and another one somewhere near his neck. He's probably in the fight, but badly hurt.

Speaking of pain, getting shot hurts. Fucking ow!

If Zach is nearby and I'm not being shot at too much, then slide over to him and take a look at his wound. Apply medical aid if it's life threatening. Otherwise keep shooting at the suits.

You took the chance when the suit on your side was hunkering down to slide over to Zach and check him out. You don't find any visible bleedings, it seems that his light armor vest stopped the bullets and it was just the concussive force that hurt him. He'll be bruised but he'll live. Without needing to apply medical aid, you turned back to surpressing the suits from getting too close with your gun.

Fire off additional shots. Aim for the Suits in hard cover. Let the squad handle those in softer cover.

It's becoming painfully clear that no cover in this store is hard enough to cover anyone from your Gauss pistol as you fired at another suit hiding behind a thick rack of guitars. The spike sent out an explosion of stringed instrument splinters like a frag grenade, showering a few other nearby suits in splinters. Though it wasn't enough to kill anyone, and the lack of blood explosion tells that you might've missed your target or they might've moved.

it wasn't even a second after you fire your Gauss that the suit in your lane sprints forward as fastest as he can while wildly firing his machine pistol at your direction for a suppressing effect.

---

Shit sounds bad upstairs, but nobody seems to be complaining about the plan of going back to the van.
Jenny, Maximus, Aria and then soon afterwards Vigil made it out of the Mall, they've entered the parking lot along with many other shoppers who are looking for their cars. Their own should be just a level down and a small walk away.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: January 24, 2016, 04:25:34 pm »

Duck down behind something and Fire through my own cover at the person attempting to suppress, due to the nature of how Physics works. At point blank range it should go straight through the cover without damaging it too much and nail the bugger.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: January 24, 2016, 04:27:59 pm »

Zander will continue to fire his gun at any targets that present themselves.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: January 24, 2016, 04:31:40 pm »

"You'll be fine. Now get some payback."

If some suits are bunched up together and no allies will be in blast radius, switch my .45 into HE ammo mode and fire off a shot. Otherwise keep firing with AP.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:54:57 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2039 on: January 24, 2016, 04:49:12 pm »

"Alright you bastards, my turn."
Zach holds his Barretta (now with Lethal rounds, I started it off with rubber rounds) in his left hand and his .45 in his right hand. He shoots at the easiest target with both, his .45 using HE rounds.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 612