Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391370 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Like this?"

Arthur fires a heat-seeking missile. It actually manages to hit the helicopter this time.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

"It hit it, so yes. Let's try some ground targets."
Zach flies to barely 200m off the simulated ground and spawns a canyon run with AA and a bunch of other stuff in it. At the end of the canyon is a dam wall.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur tries to engage the AA directly by firing radar missiles at it (you tell me how that goes).
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Arthur tries to engage the AA directly by firing radar missiles at it (you tell me how that goes).
((Radar isn't usually utilised by shortrange AA (Excepting SAM sites). We have the cannons on the gunship for that. For reference, we have four rotating hardpoint systems, a nose-mounted 30mm rotary cannon, two fixed overhead 20mm rotary cannon for the pilot and a missile rack underneath.))
"Missile miss. Try the nose cannon. look and pull the trigger on the stick between you legs - For Christ's sake Arthur, I know you just got that body, but have a little decency. The cyclic!"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur tries to do exactly that but he misses his machinegun bullets due to the distance of the target.

"Do you think this might also be a combat simulator?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

A missile whizzes past the cockpit in response. The nearest enemy is a tank 100m away, followed by a battery of flak cannons 20m behind that. All around each were soldiers operating the equipment and firing at the chopper. Zach moves in closer, strafing the flak cannons. On the opposite side of the canyon a pillbox opened fire and the bullets scratched Arthur's canopy.
"What'do you think? Fire!" ((there should be barely any misses by distance, because we're in a canyon about 200m wide and the same deep. We also have straight-line rockets for the pilot to use. )) Zach swivels the chopper around and fires four rockets into the pillbox.

The pillbox stopped firing. "Siri," Zach says into the microphone, "Play song: Airwolf main theme." On the same channel that Zach and Arthur were using, Siri replied: "Calling: smartbomb Randy" and a ringtone fills both of their ears
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:45:04 pm by Insanegame27 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur decides to commandeer a cannon and begins shooting at the tank. After the tank is down, he then starts shooting at the AA

"You think it's time to get a little closer?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Arthur decides to commandeer a cannon and begins shooting at the tank. After the tank is down, he then starts shooting at the AA

"You think it's time to get a little closer?"
((We are already in a helicopter. We are not out of it. You have the nose-cannon. And missiles. Why would you commanedeer a cannon? HOW would you do so from a helicopter?)) ((Assuming you meant you used the nose-mounted cannon that aims where you look -->)) "I'm moving the chopper forward," Zachary says, taking out a wooden bridge that a platoon had been moving over.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:22:30 pm by Insanegame27 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two fixed overhead 20mm rotary cannon for the pilot.
I was talking about this.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Two fixed overhead 20mm rotary cannon for the pilot.
I was talking about this.
Those ones do not move and for you to hit anything with them I would have to move the whole chopper. The two overhead cannon are for the pilot, and only for the gunner if the pilot is killed, incapacitated or the like. Then you flick a switch and the cyclic and pedals you use operates the chopper instead of mine.

So you cant move them and I'm already using those

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arthur fires some more heat seekers at the tanks. They explode into bursts of flame and troops begin running for their lives fearing the choppa' of death.

Arthur then begins firing the machine guns at them, mowing them down like a front lawn.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

"Arthur. Radar shows two interceptors coming down the canyon towards us. Russian. Su35E. Two of em. Mysterious benefector guy, jam the most common Russian frequencies"

The two jets are approaching fast and now there are four heatseeking missiles and four radar guided missiles after us. You can see them pulling out of the canyon about eight kilometers away.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Frazz is also unaffected by the stench, considering his version of a good time was identifying stomach parasites in the dragon

Frazz picks up the book, and begins to flip through it, looking for other, simple rituals that probably won't suck out anyones soul.

"I think that might be a part of other, greater rituals. This meat might be a representation of something else, some abstract entity.Often times sacrificial animals in history needed to be 'prepared' before the actual event, in order to make their symbolism as realistic as possible. Or maybe its just a way of making a stink-bomb through ungodly power. Additionally, i find it interesting that the ritual accepted the Nazi Swastika. This means that either A. the deity or whatever thats doing this is relatively up-to-date in knowledge of our culture, or B. That the ritual depends on the perceptions of the performers. Before Nazis, the Swastika was a sign of peace, often used in hinduism and judaism. The name itself literally means 'well-being'."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:18:05 am by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think the sensations of paranoia and claustrophobia and being watched at the sigil and objects arrayed around it.
Jon does the same.
Hum. Light the candles and.. Sort of Think the sensations of paranoia and claustrophobia and being watched at the sigil and objects arrayed around it.

While there wasn't anything visibly impressive or spectacular to show for your work, to the point that you're probably not sure if it had worked at all, checking out on the Intern that was the target of this ritual yields promising results.

Initially, you can easily see via tracking camera that he seems startled frequently, within the hour he constantly checks and rechecks behind his shoulders, in his drawers and is visibly shaken. Going around from places to places he walks in a pace of someone being followed.

Within the hour, the poor intern became very agitated and frightened, unable to stay at one place for too long as he appears to be getting a panic attack in enclosed space, and in open space he states that "Someone's following me.. I just know it! I can see him! I'm not going crazy! I'm not!"

Without knowing a way to undo what you've done, it's likely that the Intern will expire soon one way or another. Either taking it's own life, or going crazy and getting gunned down by Security.

From performing the ritual in the name of !!SCIENCE!!, Jon and Tal permanently gained the perk "You've got a friend in me." The effects of this perk is a secret.

Frazz is also unaffected by the stench, considering his version of a good time was identifying stomach parasites in the dragon

Frazz picks up the book, and begins to flip through it, looking for other, simple rituals that probably won't suck out anyones soul.

"I think that might be a part of other, greater rituals. This meat might be a representation of something else, some abstract entity.Often times sacrificial animals in history needed to be 'prepared' before the actual event, in order to make their symbolism as realistic as possible. Or maybe its just a way of making a stink-bomb through ungodly power. Additionally, i find it interesting that the ritual accepted the Nazi Swastika. This means that either A. the deity or whatever thats doing this is relatively up-to-date in knowledge of our culture, or B. That the ritual depends on the perceptions of the performers. Before Nazis, the Swastika was a sign of peace, often used in hinduism and judaism. The name itself literally means 'well-being'."

Frazz flipped through the book and came upon one of the pages that seems simple enough, it's got a drawing of a cowbell.
"Y̺ou̝͕͎̙̫ͅ’͙v̳ẹ͎̬̳̩ͅ ̞̮se͖͔̺e̲n ͚̗͓͇i͍t̯̦͍̪̣. ͔̟Ṇo͓w̯͔̤̼̟̖ ̠̙͚̩͉̯̟h̠̺͚͈̗̩͇e̤̱͍̯͕ ̰̜̖̰͙͇̖c̱̟̺̦̘͎a̭͙͔̳͚̲͙n̼̜ ̝̠he̼͈̝a̺̮ͅr͍̮̮̜̤̻͙ y͚͔̦͓o̩͔̘̠̟̬ͅṵ̹͈̟̜͕.̺̫̻̘̻
̠Y̜̦͙̞̜o̬͎̤͓ͅu̖̺̗ͅ’̗͕͓͚̪v̦̖̘̙̜͉̪e͉ to͕̼u̲̝̮̥̘͙̟c̭̭̲͙h͉̫̤͕̫̘̬e̪d̦̞̫̗͍̘ ͓i̩̤͖t̼̻̝̖̠. ̯̰̱̺̝N͈̼͈͓̻̫o̰w̳ ̗ẖ͍͓̳̜e̠̖͉͎̞ ͖͈̮͚̼c͉̝͉a͈̦̝͔̫̪̱n̦̙̲̲ ̳͎̼̖̙s͈e̼̣̦̩̱̙e͙ ̘y͓̻o̬̮͕̰͍u̠̞.͖͖̺̻͓
Nẹ̭̗̲͎v̻̗̼e͖r ͕͔̭̮̩̼͎r̦͎̫i̫͙ng̺͕̺̲ͅ ͓̘i̬̫ṭ̗̟̖̦ͅ.̰̻̟̠͖͕ ͕̜̖̰̥̬If ̩̙̟y̦̙̠̬͈o͎̗̥u̪̥̯̼̮͍̼ h̙̟ẹ͍̝̬̫͔̺a̰̤͙̪͈r͎̪ ̦̮ͅit̥͚̫̺,͇̲̖̫ ̲̦̯͈̠͓͍h̹̺̻̳̝̰e͖͙̯͍̖ͅ ̖̩̼͓̟͓c͔̮̬͍̠̰a̜̜̦̙̯n̤ ̜̫to͙u̦̗̟̥̻c͍̞̱͔͉̟h͇̭̻̘͉̬̟ ̰̮͙͕̲͓̦y͖͚͈o͔͓̮u̹̦.̘̤"

Is written just under it.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Arthur. Radar shows two interceptors coming down the canyon towards us. Russian. Su35E. Two of em. Mysterious benefector guy, jam the most common Russian frequencies"

The two jets are approaching fast and now there are four heatseeking missiles and four radar guided missiles after us. You can see them pulling out of the canyon about eight kilometers away.

Though you're pretty damn sure that in the Sim cockpit there's just barely enough space for two, and three is going to be an awful squeeze, it seems that the Jammer got itself working. Your helicopter's ECM working at full power, three century of advanced technology advantage over the old 20th century fighter jets not only sending the missiles into spiral away from your gunship but was actually powerful enough to fry the electronics on the offending jets.

Their ejecting seats was refusing to work.

Their cockpit wouldn't budge.

Men screamed as their vehicles became dead weight, spiraling out of control to their deaths far, far below.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 612