Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391302 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Tal gathers up addresses all squaddies and the fireteams.

"All squadmembers and all members of the Auxiliary Fireteams are to carry a firearm on them at all times. I really do not trust that Entity 002 will behave. I recommend that you travel in pairs but that is not mandatory. For the auxiliary teams. Entity 002 is some form of memetic abnormally that seems to have followed us back from the last Castle. It affects perception from what I gather. If you encounter anyone or anything that slips out of your perception or you cant remember actually seeing despite interacting in person with them then that would likely be Entity 002. Since it hasn't actually harmed anyone yet to my knowledge, don't waste bullets or risk injuring anyone. If it begins harming people then a hunt will be in order."

"Next on the list. I'll be writing up the requisition sheet shortly. Anyone have requests?" Currently 'More ammo, another Gauss Rifle, and More Drones' are on. I'll be setting a few bounties for the R&D teams to churn things out for us as well. Techies, when we get vehicles assigned, I want you to go over them and see if there are any oddities onboard or attached. All of you should upgrade your gear as well. On a different note, I'll be going through the books we brought back from the last Castle. Should anyone feel like joining me, feel free. As a note they may be memetic hazards so we'll be borrowing a few interns to skim for us."

"Thirdly. Techies, look in to selling and scrapping the gear we salvaged from that other squad last Castle. More funds are better after all."

"Any questions?"

((The people who were in the last Castle had 5 points from Entity 001 exposure and then the 8 from mission completion correct?))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Frazz is later found tossing back brewskis with Entity 002

Frazz works on getting his combat stims stable to the point where Tal won't yell at him if he uses them. He also attempts to rig up an injector that he wears on his wrist. (See Link)In his free time he looks through the (Non-hazard) books, hoping to find evidence that Cthulhu exists, or maybe a pact he can sign with blood to gain unfathomable power. Or a book on alien biology. Or a D&D 71st edition Dungeon Guidebook. Basically anything remotely interesting.

Like this. Except not glowing.
https://slm-assets3.secondlife.com/assets/2590394/lightbox/Arbalest_harmonizer.jpg?1291069679

((Hey, so if we bring back a live/not entirely dead monster on purpose, does the company give us a bonus? I mean, live specimens are better than corpses/incomplete clones 10/10 times. ))

((Edit: Twinwolf that was what i was planning in doing!))
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:38:02 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Somewhere in the first mission there was a statement that bringing back live samples was banned due to multiple escapes and rampages by recovered creatures. Company policy might change when they have an actual containment facility methinks.))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, i mean, if they felt safe cloning it, they probably have some sort of containing system. Ill look into it.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

((...Except their containment didn't work...))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'd like to have a fancier Surgery Kit. And some more FAKs. Oh, and a set of those nifty trauma plates made out of 001's scales."

((vkiNm, if I were to malpractice my surgery on survivors (on those that actually need it, of course) from the recent incident or from other missions, would that have a chance of increasing my skills? Or would that be a temporary perk at most? I'm trying to figure out a good way to spend the month at base, and this information would be helpful.))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:36:20 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((...Except their containment didn't work...))

((Well, they had the resources to set SOMETHING up is my point))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The people who were in the last Castle had 5 points from Entity 001 exposure and then the 8 from mission completion correct?))

[That is correct.]

((vkiNm, if I were to malpractice my surgery on survivors (on those that actually need it, of course) from the recent incident or from other missions, would that have a chance of increasing my skills? Or would that be a temporary perk at most? I'm trying to figure out a good way to spend the month at base, and this information would be helpful.))

[You get temporary perks for practicing, the only way to permanently increase your skills/stats is to buy 'em with points. :D]

A Squad of Squaddies raised their hands. "If there's some sort of.. Entity lose on the facility, why aren't we hunting it now anyway?" They asked curiously.

Aria have recovered fully!

Arthur have recovered fully! he has been carted around by his mysterious benefactor and often find snacks just when he was wanting one.

Unfortunately, the company called back to Zander's parent's place, he have never actually visited the place. He could now, though. Since Foxhound is the closest thing to a VIP that isn't one of the boards.

Attempts on turning Denizen 001B's small scales into plates have turned out useless, it's scales haven't been fully developed and had only a fraction of the durability that the original 001 has. Conventional metal plates would be more durable, sadly. But it's one remaining good Scythe blade was okay enough, they'll figure something..

Interns were assigned to skim through each of the recovered books. After all books have been skimmed and Interns watched carefully, nobody seems to suddenly combusts into flames, bleed through their orifices or any of the horrible, terrible things that could happen.

Though there is a what may be a love-craftian book, an Intern describe it's writings as 'Really, really fucked up crazy.'

You're already buying ammo at half the normal price, it's not going to get any cheaper soon unfortunately.

The techies said that they definitely can't sell the gear, but they could scrap them into raw materials and build makeshift things. Makeshift claymores, shaped explosives, frag pipebombs and even a makeshift rocket could be made from the salvages!

Doc. Hu, MD have also jokingly express his interest in sonic-based weaponry.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tal snags the weirdbook and begins reading. In response to the sonic weaponry idea, Tal says to postpone until we have insulated full body suits. Sonics can and will rupture organs at close range. Tal asks the techies about the likelihood of the makeshift explosives blowing unintentionally

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The book.. it's not in any language that anyone present understands. In fact, it kinda hurts if you stare at it long enough trying to make sense of it.. There's pictures, though! disturbing pictures.. of monsters and weird things.

The Techies assures you that they know their thing and the makeshift explosives won't blow up on everyone unintentionally, electric detonations are good like that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time to start decoding it! There has to be a pattern at the very minimum.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Zander continues his training working out, he also keeps attending to his plants testing them once they're mature enough to see if they're producing any new effects growing in the alien soil.

One day he also wants to get together the squad leaders from the teams going with them into the castle. To see about doing a joint drill, so we can all work together better as multiple units and not get each other killed. The drill will have the different squads working together to complete certain objectives together, hopefully building a sense of camaraderie in this group as a whole. 
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

After a few more days to training, working almost solely on his dodging skills, suddenly Vigil gets an idea, and goes to request non-leathal shotgun rounds, and Maximus' aid.
"What was the old addige? If you can Dodge a bullet, you can dodge a ball.'"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm telling you, Vigil. They call me crazy, but you're the real crazy one." Maximus laughed heartily. "But I won't mind shooting you with non-lethals if you're asking for it!"

Zander realize something about his plants. They weren't supposed to be fully mature already!
Turns out, planting plants using the alien soil made them grow unnaturally fast. Any other effects on the plants will have to be further studied in labs and such.

Will he even try eating some of it?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frazz takes some soil and experiments on using it in his Stims.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 612