Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390955 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (?/6) Changing the Game Industry with HL3
« Reply #900 on: November 27, 2015, 07:52:28 pm »

"You tell him sister." Jenny said encouragingly to Tal.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 27, 2015, 11:18:07 pm »

"So, you are telling me that it is safer to hide inside a vehicle that can barely withstand that attack, than behind it, where those projectiles will have to go through double the metal to get to me?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 27, 2015, 11:42:35 pm »

"Yes. Because the vehicle is FASTER then they are. Meaning we will OUTRANGE them. The whole point of waiting till they got to 200 yards was to see what their max accurate range was."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 28, 2015, 12:28:08 am »

"You could have said that earlier before they tried to turn Gun Nut into an imitation shiskabab."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 28, 2015, 01:34:12 am »

"I said to stay inside. They chose to go outside."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 28, 2015, 01:13:53 pm »

Maximus was more than happy to comply, sitting back and looking like a big, sad bear of a man while the vehicle pulls back further away from the horde.

The doomed drone hunker down and activate it's Anti-ballistic weaponry. The iconic 'brrrrrrt' could be heard as it begin spitting out more bullets than strictly necessary at the incoming horde, slowing them and killing them further.

The bait and kiting were greatly effective as the spikers could not catch up with your vehicles, your hunkered down drone were not so fortunate however as what staggering remains of the depleted horde caught up with it.

Your drone put up a last stand that any man would be proud of, it's small Anti-ballistic weapon brrrrrting in every direction, the trigger locked to keep on being held down even if the drone itself is rendered inoperable. Ensuring that the gun will keep on firing into the few spikers that is punching into it's hull with their spikes.

The drone proves to be a great bait, and the few remained spikers that horded around it were picked off easily enough by the .50 cals.

The horde of spikers are now dead, but so is your brave little drone. May he find peace in robotic heaven!
And just to be clear, Drones getting destroyed does not count towards losing a squad member, so you'll still get the bonus if every squad members survives regardless of how many drones were lost.  And repairing a damaged drone is sometime cheaper than buying a new one entirely! plus if their weapons weren't very badly damaged then you'll only need to buy some more ammo for it instead of buying a whole new weapon to refit it with.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 28, 2015, 05:28:18 pm »

"Well that's done, let's go inside."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 28, 2015, 06:39:14 pm »

"Well that's done, let's go inside."
Hold on lets be careful, lets make sure that they're all dead and there's nothing else ready to butt fuck us. Tal scan the place one more time please, and everyone keep your eyes peeled for any movement.If I see nothing and Tal's scan turns up nothing, I'll step out with my smg up scanning around covering my teammates as they step out.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 28, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »

Tal does a scan for heat signatures and other things of note and unloads the second drone to wade around in the field of corpses to see if any move. If some do move, it fires the Anti Bal system at them. Once the hostiles are confirmed dead, the trucks are to move near the downed drone and the techies are to assess the damage and attempt infield repairs if possible, if not possible it will be loaded onto one of the trucks. During this time, the medics are to check up on everyone, especially Maximus.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 28, 2015, 08:26:00 pm »

Such are the advantage of modern tools. It is incredibly easy to find out which one is just playing dead or not quite dead yet, and those are dealt with swiftly.

The Techies have assessed the damaged drone and agreed that they could probably remove the top half and turn it into a stationary turret for the mission with a little bit of fixing, the legs are only salvage at this point, however.

Medics who were on stand-by work fast, they tended to Maximus first before anyone. Since he's down for the mission they decided to keep the spike in him for now after a scan shows that his durable bones refused to shatter and only did some disinfection and bandaging.

Everyone else got checked up and seems to be on the green! Doctors says that the mission still isn't compromised yet.

"Sorry for getting hit, guys." Maximus apologized.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 28, 2015, 08:41:46 pm »

"It happens. Not your fault."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 29, 2015, 11:45:55 am »

Well let's start by taking samples of everything before we move that way we have something to bring back for the company.

Start by taking a spike out of the window and bagging it up, and help tal as needed with the other stuff needing collecting.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 29, 2015, 11:48:44 am »

Vigi just goes around and double taps bodies. . .  With his sword.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 29, 2015, 12:25:25 pm »

The spikes feel slightly warm to the touch, but that could easily be because of the friction or whatever happened to it that launched it. And while the spikers were generally resistant to low-cal bullets, a Denizen-01 blade have absolutely no problem cutting through them. But that is to be expected of something that could slice through steel armor plates, after all.

Much like their Rusher cousins, the Spikers are beginning to decompose rapidly. You're all going to want to have a deep scrubbing bath after you get back..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 29, 2015, 03:45:14 pm »

Tie a corpse to one of the trucks. See if the spikes contain any venoms. Borrow surgery kit and see how the firing mechanism on Spikers works.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 612