Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390913 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (?/6) Changing the Game Industry with HL3
« Reply #840 on: November 15, 2015, 02:15:25 pm »

I say we set up a firing line a distance away, bait him in and pour all our guns Into him we can a retreat if we have to using the drones as distraction.
*edit
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:50:29 am by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 16, 2015, 02:31:54 am »

"We are faster then it. Aria. Just put a few gauss rounds into it."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 16, 2015, 06:50:11 am »

Once in range, Gauss.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 16, 2015, 01:37:40 pm »

While hitting a large vehicle-sized person sounds simple enough on paper, actually doing so from ontop of a moving vehicle at the range where all you can see is a slightly large dot if you squint really hard is anything but.

Your vehicles have came up to 800 yards out from the target, well within the effective range of high-powered rifles with precision scopes and rangefinders, but the lack of a powerful enough scope on your Gauss will make this a tricky shot.

And while your stake could theoretically break the sound barrier going at Mach 3, it's bound to slow down at some point and lose it's armor piercing effectiveness at long range like this.

Of course you can just rocket it if you want, shoot it with the Semi-automatic anti-material rifle or drive closer to really unleash hell.

WDYD?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 16, 2015, 01:46:49 pm »

"We are faster then it. Aria. Just put a few gauss rounds into it."
All right lets do this smart then, drive within distance leave the engine running. Pop open the door fire the gauss, when he gets close drive away useing the .50 cals to whittle away at him.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 16, 2015, 03:07:44 pm »

"Pretty much what I was going to suggest. Will add 'Better Scopes for Weaponry, specifically Gauss' to requests and recommendation listings. If a weapon can shoot a certain distance, it needs to be usable at the same distance."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 18, 2015, 05:05:48 pm »

Radioing the other truck Here's the plan guys there's a huge fucking behemoth that took out the men at the Castle, so we're going to park close enough to fire the gauss at it. Once its pissed and rages at us we keep firing at it along with the .50 cals driving away as it gets closer, slowing whittling it down so keep the engine ready boys.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 19, 2015, 05:48:09 pm »

The plan sounded solid, and everyone was ready for that. Your vehicles rides up as closest as you're willing to risk it while ensuring that it'll be close enough for the Gauss to hit with little difficulty, which brings to about 400 yards. With the scope that comes with the Gauss, that should be an easy enough shot.

Your Cars parked, it's manned .50 cals turn towards the hulking monster that seems to have noticed you..
The door popped, Gauss raised and aimed, then with a gentle squeeze on the trigger, the Gauss's Spike launched with a kick. It's deafening crack weren't so much of the actual shooting itself and more of the several sound barriers being broken immediately the moment it leaves the barrel, kicking back shock waves that blew away dusts not unlike when a tank fires it's main cannon. The gun's internal recoil dampeners are the only thing keeping your shoulder still attached to your body, even though you're definitely going to feel that tomorrow.

At the speed the Spike was travelling, 400 yards was less than a blink of an eye, the tip enters one of the Monster's arm, going through it's armor like hot knife through butter, a fraction of a second later, it came out the other side and kept going... another fraction of a heartbeat later, the entry point collapses from the sheer force that followed, crunching metal, flesh and bone, the shock continued until it hits the back end and for the smallest of moments, the back armor bulged..

Then the exit wound explodes outwards in a shower of metal, gore and bits of shattered bones, leaving that arm still barely attached to the body with what mangled flesh there was.

The spike that kept going hits one of the bunkers that just minding it's own business doing nothing and a piece of it explodes outwards as well from the force, you think that maybe the Stake's still going...

The Hulking Behemoth roared out a deafening roar of furious rage and blinding pain before it grabs the parked truck with it's three remaining arms, lifting it up with no difficulty at all and throw it towards your vehicles!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 19, 2015, 06:05:51 pm »

"Oh dear! Should we bail?"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 19, 2015, 09:30:05 pm »

DRIVE, DRIVE,DRIVE WE LEFT THE ENGINE ON FOR A REASON!!!I also yell this over the radio, 400 yards is a bit of distance we can move out of the way before then.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 19, 2015, 09:42:40 pm »

Vigil keeps his outer cool as his knees shake violently. His heavy sword stored on his back, he positions himself for two eventualities. If it looks like moving won't help, his bailing will. If not, he might have to worry about a close encounter in a few moments. If he does, then he will get only one swing, and will need to make it count.

"I should have stayed in the hospital."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 20, 2015, 02:23:21 am »

"Back up. Same goes for you Fireteam. Aria keep firing. Aim for the center of mass of Denizen 002. It's unlikely it will actually be able to throw the vehicle four hundred yards. However on the very off chance it has the strength, accuracy, and dexterity to pull it off, we should ensure we don't get hit. Back out of the way.

((I can't see any realistic way for it to throw a car 400 yards. Even if it theoretically has the muscle capacity, airdrag would prevent the vehicle from flying the length required. We are after all talking about 400 yards. A yard is three feet. So that's 1200 feet. Which is an absolutely absurd amount of distance required. Especially with airdrag. Not even a small Trebuchet could manage that distance.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:10:42 am by Kevak »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 20, 2015, 06:47:12 am »

"Roger." Aria says, firing again, at the center of mass of the Denizen. If that doesn't kill it, another one.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 20, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »

The vehicles rumbled backwards away from the thrown projectile, but turns out it was not needed as the Monster's rage were scarier than it's bite. Or in this case, muscle power. Perhaps it was because one of it's arm is mangled, or perhaps it's just because of the drag, but the Truck fell short at about an incredible distance of 100 yards before it crunches back down into the hard dusty ground and turns into scrap metal.

The beast makes a frenzied charge straight towards your group, only to be stopped as Aria's second Gauss stake punches into it's center mass at where it's armor's the thickest. But when one's weapon was designed to penetrate modern Tanks, not even unreasonably thick metal plate armor is going to be of much help. The force was actually enough to throw it off it's feet and onto it's back, but there was no explosion of gore. You're unsure if that kills it or not..

Although your Drones are picking up some activities from the Castle as well, with what appears to be a variant of the blade arms climbing out of the wrecked house's wall and lining the castle's star battlement facing your way, their 'blade' looks suspiciously thin for a sword and you have a dreaded feeling that it may be a projectile weapon.

When some of them picked up the fallen weapons left behind by the dead opposing agents, it is possible that you're going to have a bad time.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 20, 2015, 03:35:33 pm »

"Should I shoot it one more time, just to be sure?"
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 612