Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390845 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (5/6) Killed the unkillable.
« Reply #750 on: October 16, 2015, 03:15:11 pm »

Vigil will be training with his new sword, seeing how sharp it really is.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 16, 2015, 03:25:55 pm »

For science! More science~!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 16, 2015, 03:27:13 pm »

Is there a shooting range, or something else Aria can use to practice accuracy? Do that if there is one.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 16, 2015, 05:14:02 pm »

Arthur checks in for a blood test.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 16, 2015, 06:56:36 pm »

Zander request's a small space for a garden, to grow more beneficial plants for the team these can be of great benefit.(More emphasis on Growing this week)

Examples as follows: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/6-brain-boosting-herbs-to-improve-your-productivity.html
webecoist.momtastic.com/2008/09/30/most-powerful-potent-medicinal-medical-plants-in-nature/
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/09/01/medicinal-plants.aspx

As well I would like to try my hand at Toxic Plants, maybe be able to produce a grenade that while won't kill these creatures immediately will slow them down. (THis is last on my list of my growing and priority list don't even have gasmasks yet plus super dangerous)
http://io9.com/5841540/10-of-the-worlds-deadliest-plants----and-how-they-kill-you

Although i'm busy growing I make sure to sure to carve out time for training almost everyday, including Cardio, Strength Training, CQC, Shooting range, etc.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 17, 2015, 01:26:03 am »

Vigil finds out that the new sword they gave him is incredibly sharp, like holy fuck that's sharp. They slice through rebars effortlessly and the only downside is it's weight. You probably won't be doing incredible moves with this unless you practice with it for quite some time.

Arthur goes in for a blood test to have himself checked after spending a week relaxing, results came out with absolutely nothing wrong with him. He just pisses a lot.

Aria spends the time practicing in the shooting range, gaining the temporary perk of 'Practiced aim.' to make shooting things easier, she'll need to do the same again for the next mission to get the bonus still.

Zander's request for a small space for a garden was denied, spaces are precious. Although they gave him a botanical rack to be put in the squad's room instead for him to grow plants if he wanted to. The higher ups and techs sees his efforts as a more of a hobby, since when you're in an age where things such as combat drugs and stimulants exists, growing your own natural alternative medicine just seems a little too hippy for company workers.

This week, he's really straining himself, trying to do everything all at once. He does stays in shape, though. But he'll need to continue doing the trainings for at least another week before getting the temporary perks for it, it might be harmful to push oneself so hard, however.

Tal's science continues to science, and Science was done good! 2nd week into experiments and the labs have already sent some plans for R&D to build up some more efficient shaped heat stones out of the collected samples. Apparently the effect the stones have was like having a miniature nuclear reactor inside such things, although a very, Very inefficient or a very small one so it only generates warm heat.

Wood samples reveal a thin layer of coating that seems to have prevented it from decaying, extractions are already being attempted.

Still nothing on Keith's organizations, although studies on his bones and dental services does reveal his remaining Kins, and the Company ponders on what to do with him now.

The mysteries of the Artifact remains uncracked.

2nd week have passed, you now have 2 more weeks left before next mission!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 17, 2015, 01:36:34 am »

Science! Focus on artifact.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 17, 2015, 03:45:46 am »

I will use said Botanical Rack and grow the more potent plants for use(May be hippie but its natural and renewable). Continue to Train but take it easy on Wednesday relax half the day and take Saturday off completely and half of Sunday, maybe read a good book but I try and not strain myself to injury train but vary it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:05:33 am by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 17, 2015, 03:50:31 am »

((Tbh, herbology is next to useless compared to modern medicine IC.))

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 17, 2015, 04:01:14 am »

((Tbh, herbology is next to useless compared to modern medicine IC.))
(Yes but we don't have to pay for it)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 17, 2015, 04:06:49 am »

((We don't have to pay for the free medkits either~))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 17, 2015, 06:18:26 am »

More training with my new sword to get adjusted to the new weight, mixed in with some weight training to make it a little less heavy on my body to carry it around with me. On the end of the week, I go to see if there is an obstacle corse focused on close ranged melee weaponry and one on ranged weaponry. If there is, I send a challenge to Jenny, betting one days rations, and one favor, no questions asked, that I can clear mine before she does hers.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 17, 2015, 11:01:41 am »

Arthur begins to explore the compound, maybe greet some rookies.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 17, 2015, 02:17:42 pm »

((We don't have to pay for the free medkits either~))
(((This is not for battlefield patch jobs, although some can be used as such. My idea is to increase cognitive function, health, and just general function by simply making tea or other things. This will help with your research increasing brain function and performance in the field. You have your options and I respect that, but could you respect mine?? There are benefits to what i'm doing and hopefully we encounter plants while on mission that have even better effects. And we probably should move this to OOC from now on :) I do appreciate your input though)))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 17, 2015, 03:00:35 pm »

Zander works on his botanical rack and planted some seeds, it'll be a while before they even sprout. At least it's not a very hard work and he can easily tend to them before whatever he plans to do that day. And it seems like this week he's taking it a little easy, compared to the week before. He usually finds training partners easily enough, with Maximus always happy to do some CQC or melee with him. And he almost always find Jenny at the shooting range. "Working the rifle is relaxing." Claims the gun-loving lady.

Another week of his constant trainings and you'll get a good set of temporary perks 'conditioned for battle' that will make your life a little easier on the other side for this mission.

Occasionally, Zander will run into Arthur who took the week just wandering and exploring the corporate compound, much to the disapproval of securities. And since your uniforms aren't different to the others, unless told that you belong to a veteran squad, the Rookies generally don't know who you are. And there are some skepticism when told that you're a Foxhound.

Vigil kept on playing with his new sword, getting used to it. Jenny was somewhat amused when he challenges her to go through an obstacle course, and accepted. Unsurprisingly, she cleared hers faster due to using a weapon that she is used to already and the nature of a shooting course. Bullets simply travel faster than people does.

New stuff arrived! A crate was delivered to the Squad's room the other day, which is making everything cluttered with all the everything laying about. Inside the crates were Industrial-grade gasmasks and fitting protective gloves. Black, of course.

Tal's research on the Artifact finally yields a ground-breaking breakthrough! after taking a good, hard look at it, you've realized that it looks kind of like those old Blu-Ray disc things. After acquiring a drive and rigging it up to a computer, the science team decides to put it into a computer that's been disconnected with all the other computers. Set in a bomb-resistant room. While wearing Bomb-disposal suit, while the rest observes from a remote location a distance away through live feed. Inside a lead-lined bunker, just in case.

Nothing seems to immediately explode, and upon reading the disc, It comes.

There was a long, stunned silence. Then everyone went for the phone immediately.

Next day, the world changed, a whole new standard of video-gaming have been set and your Company's stock skyrocketed. The Higher-ups thanked you for your efforts in bringing the Artifact in and cracking it, 100* have been deposited to the Squad's funding. They've also.. requisitioned some of the older 21st century weapons that fit the description of what your squad wanted and let you have them for free. They came disassembled in cases with manuals in them.

Even with age reaching a century old, a Semi-automatic .50cal anti-material sniper rifle is still going to give people pauses.
As well as the drum-magazine fully automatic shotgun. Both came with two magazines, the Rifle has 5 shot each and the shotgun has 20 each.

Ontop of that is a case that Tal recognizes coming from R&D. It's even Biometric locked!
Inside is a brand new straight-out-of-the-foundry Gauss pistol and 12 projectile stakes. the thing's the size of a sawn-off shotgun, but infinitely prettier. Unfortunately, due to the size of the projectile it shoots, it can't be magazine-loaded, at least not one small enough for a pistol-sized gun yet. So you have to manually insert new stakes after each shot.

3rd week have passed, you've now 1 more free week before mission!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:06:06 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 612