Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390970 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #510 on: September 20, 2015, 11:49:33 pm »

Scanning again, even with all the shuffling monsters, it seems like the third floor should be as big as your floor. And the hole in the ceiling  leads outside instead of going to the third floor, fortunately.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 20, 2015, 11:59:15 pm »

Tal radios the Carmines. "Carmines, you think the vehicle's gun would be able to pierce the third floor walls based on how thick they appear to be? Currently considering targeting it from the exterior based on the mass of hostiles up there. The artifact is likely there as well. Something I am concerned about however is the presence of a fourth floor without apparent reason. Something big is likely there."

Can stairs be seen to the fourth floor via scans?

Can we pick out any details of the hostiles with the scans?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 21, 2015, 12:02:03 am »

"Unless the stones are made of unobtainum or something like that, I'm sure our Bushmaster will have no problem punching through." B. Carmine said confidentially.

You can't see stairs to the fourth floor via the scans and the details on the hostiles seems to be similar to the mob that mobbed Delta Squad and ripped them apart in the first mission you've been on with them.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 21, 2015, 12:11:37 am »

Yep. Definitely good to use the APC gun. Also if anything big happens to be on the fourth floor. Nearly certainly yes, we can just shred it from a distance.

"Eeeveryone back to the APC. Let's clear this place out the safe way. Aria, have your Gauss gun ready. I have a feeling something big and nasty is going to be up on the fourth floor personally I'm hoping dragon. Always wanted to see a dragon. Scales would probably make nice armor also." Tal heads back down to the APC. Presumably with the rest of the group.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 21, 2015, 05:46:32 am »

Aria follows orders, as usual.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 21, 2015, 01:57:01 pm »

The team makes their way back down the stairs again, with Aria and Maximus covering the back in case some monsters decide to have the bright idea and attack them on their way out.

The exit were fortunately uneventful, and you found the Carmines and the APC where they said they'll be, just right outside of the destroyed gate.

"Even I wouldn't want to fight a dragon, though." Maximus mentioned passingly.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2015, 02:10:34 pm »

"Which is why we are going to be sitting in the APC during this." Tal climbs into the APC, presumably with everyone else. Once everyone is inside, he says:

"Let's move back a bit so we have a more level firing window into the third floor. Aria, keep your Gauss trained on the fourth floor. I want you ready to fire if whatever is probably up there wakes up. Carmines, be ready to fire at the third floor. Try to avoid hitting the artifact, should be directly in the center."

Did the UAV that was present prior to the mission ever notice anything odd about the roof?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 21, 2015, 02:17:51 pm »

As per the norm, orders are followed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »

Go inside the apc.

(It seems like you missed my action)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2015, 05:23:53 pm »

"I guess it's back to the 'safety' of the guns. Maximus, keep your shotgun close. I feel like we may need it."
Vigil pulled out his smg just in case, cradling it akwardly, feeling cheapened by the need for it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 21, 2015, 05:59:13 pm »

Go inside the apc.

(It seems like you missed my action)

[Ogod we totally did. D: ]

"Aye, that'd be a good idea." Maximus agreed to Vigil's suggestions as everyone climbs aboard their vehicles, now with hatches open so people can stand and watch the action outside.

"Got it, don't hit the center." B. Carmine nodded as the APC's engines roared to life once again and begin to pull everyone away from the Keep, going to a better distance for shooting.

And if the UAV did saw something abnormal at the roof, they didn't brief you about it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 21, 2015, 06:02:52 pm »

Tal checks to see if there are firing slots for guns on the APC. Be useful if the horde swarms.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 21, 2015, 06:07:19 pm »

There's no firing slots on the sides of the APC, it's all armor there. But you can stand and rest your gun out of the hatch right above you and fire from it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 21, 2015, 06:09:18 pm »

Now to wait until we get far enough away for B. Carmine to start shooting.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 21, 2015, 06:58:04 pm »

Presumably, everyone wait with their guns trained on the keep to move things along.

Once the Vehicle is parked at a good 200 yards away from the keep, it begins shooting. Coughing out large 25mm bullets proudly and loudly, enough to make your ears ring even through your protective helmet.

The large rounds slams into the third floor, kicking up dust and taking out good chunks of the wall itself at a time. Turning whatever unsuspecting monster on the other side into bloody chunks of gibs as concussion and explosion rocks their world.

It was like kicking a hornet's nest, and a small sea of black writhing mass of bodies just pours out of the hole. There must be like a thousand of them!

Actually that was an exaggeration. There's probably a hundred or so of those things at worst, and the 25mm High Explosive Incendiary are doing wonders against the soft, fleshy targets that are rushing your position.

Once upon a time, when humanity were fighting with weapons far inferior to yours currently, in a time of knights in shining armor and blades of steel, the mass may have been overwhelmingly frightening.

But today, ontop of a 27 tonne modern Infantry fighting vehicle, spitting 25mm of Corporate capitalism at the rate of 200 businesses per minute, it was almost.. boring.

Almost.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 612