Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391123 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (4/6)
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2015, 08:33:01 am »

(What are our options if we're stranded?))

Run towards the other guys
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2015, 08:56:53 am »

. . . . . Well, if your character is stranded, he will be considered as good as dead by the company, and he will probably be by the time they manage to randomly luck their way back to that particular  castle.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2015, 08:10:09 am »

Keep running. Get to evac.

((Oh man. Sorry about your hamster.))
You know the plan, and that, only in "rare circumstances" would the plan ever not be followed. You take no chance of being left behind, and run as fast ass you can to where evac is supposed to be. You are injured, its not like they will ever leave you behind.
You dont even notice that Ayes turned around.
[7]
[
(What are our options if we're stranded?))

Run towards the other guys
It only takes a little bit of thought to realize that they are pulling an emergency pick up. You don't want to risk being left behind, so you peel off back to where the rest of the group is.

Quote from: rest of the group
The horizon

The helicopters, which could have been heard a while ago, can now be seen on the horizon, You can also see Dr. Ayes in the background.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2015, 08:32:54 am »

Find the helicopters. Get to evac.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2015, 08:44:38 am »

Ok, I am confused. are you going to the helicopters, which are headed back towards the castle, or the evac zone, which is closer to where you were originally dropped off, about 2 miles away from the castle.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2015, 08:49:16 am »

Ok, I am confused. are you going to the helicopters, which are headed back towards the castle, or the evac zone, which is closer to where you were originally dropped off, about 2 miles away from the castle.
Sorry. Meant to suggest my guy equated helicopters with evac so he would run to the helicopters.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2015, 09:09:38 am »

Welp, it looks like I will have to rewrite your post. . . I think I may just merge it with the bottom one. . . . I dont wanna. . . .

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2015, 04:18:26 pm »

((To be fair, If zomara hadn't already spoiled it, we wouldn't really know if helicopters were coming back to evac or not. There are a lot of reasons the helicopter could lift off, such as doing an aerial recon, or the evac zone becoming "hot".))

Radio the evac team about me and Arthur. keep up the running
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2015, 10:17:51 am »

((So, look, we're all unconscious or routed. I think I speak for all of us by asking you to wrap this up by assuming we take whatever action makes the best story for you, so that we can get the other 2 people back in the game on Castle 2.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2015, 07:08:27 am »

You turn back around, figuring running to the original drop zone would get you stranded fast. You  took to much time as it was and ran at break neck speed, broken arm be danmed, towards the helicopters. It hurt, a lot. And you could not help but be concerned about those steel flesh tendrils. They couldn't mean anything good. You watched, legs still moving as fast as they could, as they reached over where your group was, lowering straight beds down, in order to lift up your two unconscious friends. You could also see Lalush and Seth pile into the helicopter farthest from the Castle.

Its gun could clearly be seen, pointing towards the entrance, along with that of the one closest chopper, flanking the Long, and heavily modified Chinook. You could make out Doctor Ayes, as he reached the site, he and some other guy you could have swarn was in squad A, which was wiped out, went into the medical helicopter too.

And then, it flinched. From one end quickly to the other. It tore through the closest chopper, like a hand through water. The metal crumpled softly under great force, and then, almost under its own wieght, exploded, the ground shook beneath you and nausea filled your belly, and fog took its first clutch at your reality.

Shrapnel wizzed by you, tearing a small gash acrost your neck, ripping up the helicopter bedding as it was being raised, and ripping appart it raising mechanism, leaving it not but a taunt rope. A whole blade soared through the air, finding rest in the other, smaller chopper, which swung wildly to and fro, before finding a false sense of balance in a nose dive towards the ground.

The marvel seemed to move in slow motion. You could easily see the left over bedding as it dragged on its little bit of a thread, tearing agaimst the smooth, yet jagged little rocks in the ground.

The shout. . .  And your arm and hand coupling with the rope. You held on tight as you could feel someone struggle to lift you up. . . . Up. . .  A short jolt of pain through the arm as something tried to grab at you. . .  Thousands of needles, ripping at your flesh, deep into your tissues. The shadow around your vision as you could see yourself as you truly are. Masses of flesh and bone. A wish of glory, recognition. A life of rememberence. A scream. Nothing. All you can feel is hard surface hitting your face as the darkness invades even your thoughts.

Dr. Ayes, you are sent to your quarters to rest and shower up for the night. In the morning, though, there is a call for a debriefing in the west wing hospital. There you see the three surviving team mates you have. All looking worst for the wear. Michael has a cast locking his left arm in place, Dr. Tal and Arthur have full torso and upperbody raps and were in wheelchairs, it was evident that, no matter how alert they seemed to be, they were on some kind of heavy sedititive. They were probably woken up for this. This wasnt a debriefing. Not really. One of the big wigs came in, a few minutes after you got theire and offered his condolences for the loss of your comrades. It was practiced. Very insincere, like a coworker at a funeral. And then, the reason why you all were there was brought up. Apparently running the feeds from the pda's through each other was more than a "brilliant" idea. They found that the choppers didnt have to go though the gate. That radio waves and specific other kinds of signals could make it though, though others, like light, and gamma, could not. Unfortunately,  they also found out that the crew on the helicopter,  and team D was still alive. If not most of Team D. They played the audio of the recording for you so you could hear it. There was a loud crash, and a quiet still for a few moments. What felt like a minute passed before movement could be heared. And a voice.
"Seth? Seth?" there was a few foot steps. Uneasy and unsteady, as though by a child. It mooved unnaturally fast, of a few moments, until
"Shit! Seth! What? Dear Allah! There is so much blood. Don't move. I can. .  I can. . . " the panic can be heard in his voice, and it increased in impatience and confusion.
There were a few garbled coughs and words that could barely be heard.
"Don't speak. Just try to stay awake. I can patch you up. You will be fine. We will be rescued, soon." soft popping sounds could be heard in the background  suddenly grew louder and more distinct. And then it stops.

You are all left, not long after to interpret what happened. The most that is promised to you Is a change in training purcedures in order to prevent what occurred,  but, if you talk to any of the veterans at all, though few of them there may be, they were told that too. Its not going to happen.
You recieved, 65* of credits for your team, and four months paid rest.
Tal, you find that 20* extra credits was somehow dumped  into the groups account. . . . And rumer around the Compound that the guy who saved you, but wasnt part of your team, decided to leave, risking his lot with the poor, misrible and starving, than watch another death like that.
You all have four months leave. And 85* to spend. . . .  For the group. What do you do with it. How will you prepare for your next mission?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2015, 11:37:58 am »

We'll discuss what to purchase after everyone is done healing. Eeeeeverything hurts. Tal will spend most of the time napping, and once he's done napping, he'll spend it recovering from muscle atrophy.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2015, 12:06:49 am »

85☼

Proposed purchases:

Anti-vehicle Gauss: Heavy Arms. 30☼
-One 3 round Mag 15☼

{Tal's notes: If you all recall, last trip, an entire squad was eviscerated by a single hostile. Their small and mid-cal weapons were ineffective. Therefore we will be investing in this. I will attempt to talk the higherups into providing one free magazine with newly purchased weapons. Unlikely to succeed, buuut be nice if we could get an extra three shots. While I'm in bed recovering, I recommend either finding a newbie who is trained to use this or one of you train for it yourself. Remember, this is only to be used on heavy targets. Although it might be able to punch a hole through a wall in a pinch, so there's that application to consider as well.}

Fragmentation Vest: Free☼

{All of you who didn't get one of these last trip, GET ONE NOW. They are FREE. The Only reason I am still alive right now is because I was wearing one. This is a Mandatory piece of equipment now.}

+ Trauma Plates: 10☼ x*4 = 40☼.

{Upgrade for the Fragmentation Vests you all Will be getting. Remember when that ceiling fell on us? Remember how much that hurt? These would have helped a huge amount. Well, except for a certain someone who's arm I apparently accidentally dislocated. Sorry about that. Wasn't expecting to get flung across the room by a boulder. Although I would very much like to purchase the Phalanx System to prevent another falling ceiling incident, these are more important and certainly Will save our lives several times over. Armor comes before fancy guns and tools.}

Tal will spend the time after he heals up practicing with his quarterstaff and attempting to convince the higherups to provide free ammo with the purchase of weapons/if all ammo is used for a weapon during an excursion.

((Skilling up in Persuasion and Melee Weapons - Quarterstaff.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:08:47 am by Kevak »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:35 am »

In your attempt to convince the highups to provide free ammo with the purchase of the weapons, you were met with a blank, slightly confused stare.

"Your purchased weapons already comes loaded. What do you think we are, blood thirsty lawyers?"

You find out that the person was later sued by the legal team for slander and lost his house afterwards. He's living in the staff's dormitory now.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2015, 09:00:29 am »

Note to self. The walls have ears. Do not antagonize the legal team.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2015, 09:30:05 am »

Note to self. The walls have ears. Do not antagonize the legal team.

Little do you all know, the real and scariest of daemons are here back at home.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 612