Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391210 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (4/6)
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2015, 07:27:35 pm »

"Some IR disturbances, they vanished when the door opened, meaning possible hostile movement or possibly just air currents. Walls are oddly thinner then they should be. Probably erosion.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2015, 07:30:58 pm »

"What kind of IR disturbances? Did any of you guys see some sort movement on the ceiling? And more importantly, did you find anything on the scanner other than the movement on the ceiling?"

Continue climbing. Check IR.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2015, 07:34:28 pm »

Climb the steps. Get closer to the door but don't go in.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2015, 07:49:41 pm »

"What kind of IR disturbances? Did any of you guys see some sort movement on the ceiling? And more importantly, did you find anything on the scanner other than the movement on the ceiling?"

Continue climbing. Check IR.
you dont have access to that.the most you have is a flashlight on your HUD, as well as a small positioning map which fills around your squad mates (tal) sight radius
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:54:51 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2015, 07:53:43 pm »

Tal begins climbing the steps carefully, best not to risk a fall. Sensitive equipment and all that.

"Couldn't see the ceiling from the ground. Could see through the wall though. There were several spots of higher IR output then the surrounding areas visible through the wall. They vanished when the door opened. Did you see movement from your vantage?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2015, 07:54:15 pm »

Help Tal climb the steps.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »

Tai, You tried to call out to them (11), but they have moved in to far to be heard. You try to inform them of what you saw on the radio, but, you get nothing. Nothing but static. So you climb up along with the rest of the group.

It takes a fair bit of time to get up. 5 minutes because of Dr. Ayes slowness, and nobody lifting a finger to aid him. He even manages to slip a bit, and fall down one step.

The door is wide open. Its taller than even Seth, the tallest person here by a full foot. Nobody enters the building. Everyone stares in the doorway. The inside is rather large, with statues twice a persons size, depicting proud warriors clashing together with strange weapons, some of them look quite familiar, like an ax and a sword, others look like spears on whips, and spiked discus shields. One even looks like an over sized handgun.
The walls stand about 10 yards above leading into a rounded ceiling.
Tal, as you look up at where you saw those signatures, you realize that there is no way that anything could have stayed up there for a long period of time.

Everyone but Arthur and Seth manages to notice that there are scratch marks on the wall.
This comes to particular interest to Dr. Ayes, who notices that that they are marked uniformly and all of the shapes repeat often.

The room is about 200 yards from end to end, and these marks are on every inch. Probably the ceiling too.

There is suddenly two pings on Tal and Ayes PDA. one from both groups. Usually those are reserved for one of two things. A need for backup, or the artifact was found and more than one group is needed at the sight to figure out how to transport it.
Both PDAs state that you have 5 hours and 35 minutes to be back home.

"Odd. I didnt know that there could be two artifacts in one Castle." Lalush has an eager to go look on his face. he obviously does not like it here, though, that could easily be because he is a bit of a fraidie cat.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:57:26 pm by zomara0292 »
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2015, 09:00:17 pm »

"It's likely a request for backup. Nobody enter till I scan the room, someone try contacting both teams. Those scratch marks look curious however."

Tal scans the room and records everything visible. Since it's a much smaller area, shouldn't take nearly as long as the first scan did. Upon completion, Tal carefully enters the room to record the scratches and get a closer look at the statues. Taking a material sample or identifying them if possible.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2015, 09:04:40 pm »

Try contacting the other teams. Look around with my helmet flashlight but don't go further in.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2015, 09:09:07 pm »

"Wait, They need backup already? It's only been 25 minutes. I don't like the sound of this."

Look for the most ornate looking door (that doesn't lead outside). Ready my carbine and be prepared to shoot any hostiles that come out with AP mags.

"If you hear a gunshot, that means I'm being attacked. Don't hesitate to help."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2015, 09:15:04 pm »

"Also.. Someone keep an eye on those statues. There doesn't appear to be a sign of struggle in here, yet there was possible hostile movement and both teams are pinging for backup."

"And do your best to not get injured everyone. We get payed quite a lot for not getting injured. Probably overall more then artifact retrieval. Only 100 per artifact, and artifacts are an iffy income source. Where we get guaranteed 50 for just not being injured.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:54:39 pm by Kevak »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2015, 10:17:49 am »

Squad Delta (12)
Squad Beta (6)
"It's likely a request for backup. Nobody enter till I scan the room, someone try contacting both teams. Tal scans theroom and records everything visible. Since it's a much smaller area, shouldn't take nearly as long as the first scan did. Upon completion, Tal carefully enters the room to record the scratches and get a closer look at the statues. Taking a material sample or identifying them if possible.

It doesn't take as long to scanGand record everything. You take a couple of pictures and save them to your PDA, and send them to Ayes and Lalush, before you decide to study them closer.oThe faint greenish blue can be seen on the ceiling, faded. And on the statues themselves. It gets brighter the closer you get to the only otheradoor in the room, but never goes completely close to the light green splashes you saw earlier. Some. . . things were in here, and theywfollowed the Squad D. you cant tell how many there were (4), but you can tell that they are humanoid in nature, and rather thin. There were probably more than 20 of them, judging by the number of known individual areas that they came from.
If you dont get to Delta Squad soon, theyymay be ambushed.

Try contacting the other teams. Look around with my helmet flashlight but don't go further in.

You try to Contact Squad D, but they still seem to not be responding. You get much better luck with Squad B, though. Their squad leader seems out of breath.
"We got a hostile. A big one. Our heavy guns are having a hard time piercing its armor. We need backup right awa-" suddenly there is a sound as though he tripped, or knocked into something heavy. After that, there is a loud crunch, and silence.

Look for the most ornate looking door (that doesn't lead outside). Ready my carbine and be prepared to shoot any hostiles that come out with AP mags.

There are only two doors, equally plain, but you decide that you are better off going through the one that you did not come in, so you quickly head off to the far end of the room, and load in your heavier rounds, not wanting to be caught off guard. You double and triple check it before checking to see if the door itself was open. It was, even ajar slightly, as though someone meant to close it behind themselves, but didn't want anyone anyone to know it

Quote from:  Seth and Lalush
Seth turns off his mic and pulls Lalush off to the side to speak in private. Lalush looks down at his PDA and looks back up at Seth and speaks, you guys hear it clearly on your mics. "The vitals of Squad B shows that they are running from or towards something. I cant tell which because I only have access to our squads position"
Not even a second after he finishes speaking you hear gunshots. Lots of them. And rumbling. Everyone's hair stands on end, and Seth pulls out his shotgun.
The scratchesIon theSwalliseem to glow a bit. The rumbling gets louder as the roof seems about ready to collapse on itself. One of the more run down statues fall, landing, and shattering not far in front of Michael (10).
A large chuck of rock propels from the ground, and dead into his chest, knocking him over, and beating the air right out of his lungs. (2 damage)
Chunk of roof is now falling everywhere.

I am sorry if the style keeps changing. I am trying to find something that feels more comfortable from a story tellers perspective, and from thetplayers perspective, yethwill work in theecontext of this game.
Also,ynotes: Your PDA has aDvitality scanner of which you can use to find out the situation of anyone in your squad. If givenaaccess to it, you can also check thetvitals of other squads.h

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2015, 11:39:15 am »

"Ok, I was wrong! You guys heard a gunshot but I wasn't attacked. Although I'm pretty sure we will be soon. Anyway, THE CEILING IS FALLING DOWN! WE NEED TO GET OUT, RIGHT NOW!"

Unload my Ap mags and load standard ones. Then RUN LIKE HELL!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2015, 11:43:42 am »

"Ok, I was wrong! You guys heard a gunshot but I wasn't attacked. Although I'm pretty sure we will be soon. Anyway, THE CEILING IS FALLING DOWN! WE NEED TO GET OUT, RIGHT NOW!"

Unload my Ap mags and load standard ones. Then RUN LIKE HELL!
To the next room or back out?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2015, 11:49:46 am »

pull out the Beretta and back away towards the outside.
goawyisitheydath
I don't know if it's heydath, but "go awy"  seems clear enough
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:03:01 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 612