Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391204 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6)
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2015, 04:44:37 pm »

I wounder if spider is here so i can help him make a sheet.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:09 pm »

So (and I swear this is my last time butting in with char creating stuff. Honest.) Is there a reason you don't want to add my character to the party?  ;)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (2/6)
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2015, 04:57:31 pm »

You made a sheet? Must have missed and then fixed it.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2015, 04:58:26 pm »

Wait! Dont. You can keep the 5 free hp. You all can. Give you a chance to survive before things go bad.
Will edit it back then~

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (4/6)
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2015, 06:19:46 pm »

Arthur, Dr. Ayes, Lalush, Michael, Nalvi, and Seth. All of you have trained together since day 1. Some of you even applied for this job, together. In any case, you all are as green as the grassy Amazon plains. You all hoped it would stay that way, to some degree, but it finally  has come time to go though the gate. To prove that you are worth the couple hundred a week that they put into your bank accounts. You arnt going in alone, though. There are three other squads that are going in with you. Two ground squads, like yourself, and an evac team to get you all in and out. The gate was already up and running. Its glowing pulse and mirroring effects disturbed  you. Sometimes you could swear that, instead of showing you in the reflection, it showed your bones, or your muscles, or your organs, or your thoughts. But you could never be too sure. Whatever it was that you thought you saw, disappears every time you think about it, and nothing but you stares back.

Pre-battle rituals over, you all are finally called to the deployment  room for final fittings and to leave a possible goodbye note for your family and friends. Its not uncommon for whole squads, including evac teams, to just vanish. The fact that access to a castle stays until the Gate is turned off, doesnt help, and that that the gate holds open for vastly varying amount of times doesnt either. Something about power being drained from the battery powering it at different speeds. You cant quite remember the details. They barely even covered it in training. Either way, the gate was up, and, within an hour, you found yourself in a chopper, gliding gracelessly through the air.
Two hours later, the seamless slick though the portal, which felt and seemed to you like walking though a hole in the wall, and the basic orders.
Quote from: Orders Sheet
You and your squad have been chosen to represent Akres Co in retreving a currently unknown item
of unknown discription by any means necessary.
The squad that manages to bring back the item would get a 100 * bonus on their goup salary.
They will recieve 20* for a full map of the structure
Partial maps will be accepted, but pay will be the percentage of the estimated total
dimension of the structure.
5* will be given per each interesting observation of the structure, returned
2* for each new sample of the residents within the structure
Live samples will nolonger be accepted after the brakeout three weeks prior.
50* will be paid to the group funds if all squad mates make it back alive and unharmed.
You will have an estimate of _6_ hours to complete your mission.
 Good luck                                                  Fernan Gilbor

Breath taking. It was printed out. . .  Even with the signiture.
It didnt take long for the open side Chinooks to land out in front of the castle. It was a large, nearly overbaring structure of seemingly Medieval French design. It was too large. Each step up to the castles main door, of which there were three, were half an average mans hight. You all would have to climb up from here if you cant find an alternate way in.
Both of the other squads seemed to have noticed the same thing, and made their choices quickly. One is going around the left end of the castle, trying to see if there is a door on the other side. The castle is huge, though, and they will have to walk a mile just to get to the corner, first. The other squad has started climbing the castle steps. They may be in a rush to get in. maybe you guys should rush too.

Seth and Lalush look at each other for a few heartbeats before Seth speaks up.
"I think we should go around. If whatever is in there is important, whoever made this place probably boobytraped it."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:40:28 pm by zomara0292 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »

Tal takes out his scanner and scans the visible structure. Maybe there's a hidden door or entry that one of the sensors might detect?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2015, 06:32:22 pm »

"Traps? Ha. Nalvi here can find them in 10 seconds flat. Besides, if you step in one, I can probably stitch you foot back to your body."
Are the steps easy to climb? (like if they're uneven or cracked stone Vs. polished vertical granite)
Also, who are Lalush and Seth? (I get that they're AINPCs, but can you give us a brief description? The characters clearly know each other.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2015, 06:39:01 pm »

"Well, I don't care about how strange the stairs are. It's obvious that they are the most direct route to the castle. 6 Hours isn't a lot.
We need to get what we wanted and then LEAVE!

Before it's too late."

Regardless of everyone's opinions, begin climbing the stairs
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2015, 06:42:18 pm »

"Let me scan first you bloody idiot. It will take like five minutes and may provide a better or less trapped route. I sincerely doubt acquiring the artifact will be possible on the first several runs. We lack proper equipment. Therefore we should focus on funds. Such as architecture, samples of inhabitants, and not dying. Yes, six hours isn't much. Six hours is even less when you lose your legs and have to crawl back."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2015, 06:46:46 pm »

Arthur pauses climbing and waits for Nalvi to scan
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2015, 06:47:50 pm »

Wait for the scan to complete.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2015, 07:13:16 pm »

"Traps? Ha. Nalvi here can find them in 10 seconds flat. Besides, if you step in one, I can probably stitch you foot back to your body."
Are the steps easy to climb? (like if they're uneven or cracked stone Vs. polished vertical granite)
Also, who are Lalush and Seth? (I get that they're AINPCs, but can you give us a brief description? The characters clearly know each other.)
Seth is your heavy gunner, and your medic is Lalush. They arnt brothers, Seth being a burly, and well built Indian, and Lalush being kinda slim and mousey, and non-confrontational, but they seem to have a pact, from before they switched over to your squad. You all know not to pick on Lalush. The reason why they got switched is because he beat one of his squadmates half to death. Report says that it was over food and Seth.
Seth has a shotgun and an Axe, while Lalush has just his knife and pistol, and two medkits. You dont know how much ammo they have on them.

Tai does his scans (7), switching from rad, to IR, to five others until he stops on the Heat. For a second he thinks he can see movement high above the door. Very faint splash of light green amungst all the blue. A lot of green. On the ceiling of the entrance room, beyond the door. Its hard to tell, you have to look way up just to get a view past the thick, yet rugged and well worn steps. The walls are thinner, though. Like they had been replaced or worn away by vast windy gusts, and torrents of rain.
The whole process takes 15 minutes. The door opens, and the signatures you thought you say disappear out of view as you try to follow the other squad. . . . And when you move back to the place where you originally saw them, you see nothing but the cool blue of the building. Maybe it was nothing, but you get a bad feeling.

Arthur (7), you manage to climb up the first step and actually get to see the heads of the other squad as they open the door. The door is three bodies high, so its easy to see the ceil- there was a glint of movement. You are sure of it, you think. You cant tell. Might have just been. . .  Something. Maybe.
Its too dark and too high up to really tell. You need to get higher.

Seth looks around, and starts staring in the direction of the other group. Lalush seems to be fiddling with a PDA of his own.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:41:49 pm by zomara0292 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2015, 07:17:49 pm »

Tal yells to the squad that just went in. "Oi! You lot up there! Check your IR! Something's off!"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2015, 07:23:30 pm »

"Longest 10 seconds I've ever lived through. Tal, did you find anything? I'm going to catch a cold in this rain."
Climb the steps.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2015, 07:25:14 pm »

"Longest 10 seconds I've ever lived through. Tal, did you find anything? I'm going to catch a cold in this rain."
Climb the steps.
Its not raining. At least not now. There is a calm breeze, though. No clouds overhead

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 612