Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391226 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (2/6)
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

We have:

Scientist/Scanner.
Infantryman.
Scout.
ahem
Spoiler: Dr. Ayes MD, PhD: (click to show/hide)
Int costs double vs Str and Con, right? Or did you mean "stat points"? In that case Int =16
If you insist on pure medic, I can swap out the Xeno stuff for more bandages and first aid(and if zomara0292 agrees to reduce the "basic" set weight by 1 measly pound, I can even have diagnosis) However since team money is based (in the first few runs) on how much intel we bring back, I think we should have a backup science guy (and definitely a backup first aid guy, or two, like Michael)

Spoiler: Arthur (click to show/hide)
Is this sheet correct?
Why are Per and Will at 10?
And shouldn't Range weapon: Medium Arms 3 be worth 1+3+4=8 points as per
I will make that initial requirement times the current skill level, plus 2 (new level=Int cost x Current lvl +2)
Other skills too.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:49:12 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear your Weakness
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2015, 03:45:14 pm »

dp.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6)
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2015, 03:46:44 pm »

I do apologize,  but I will not lower the wieght. I need to try to keep things even throughout the board, especially  for new players, if they come..

Edit:
You are also right about the error in the sheet. I missed that. Sorry, heydude. That needs to be fixed per and will are supposed to be 8, and the most you can have on medium  arms is 2, and you will have 4 points left.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:52:30 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2015, 03:53:33 pm »

Medic and Heavy. Infantrypeeps can function in the rifleman role.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2015, 03:55:16 pm »

I do apologize,  but I will not lower the wieght. I need to try to keep things even throughout the board, especially  for new players, if they come..
You should increase the weight (or make a skill requirement) of the Advanced Set then. There is literally no reason for anone to pick Basic right now. (except if they lose it somehow, but even then the difference is the cost of a grenade or 2 bandage packs).
Wait... [Skill] Sets aren't single use, right? Like Medkits?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:56:49 pm by a1s »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2015, 04:01:22 pm »

I will give basic ones three mission uses, while advance has one.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2015, 04:05:07 pm »

Edit:
You are also right about the error in the sheet. I missed that. Sorry, heydude. That needs to be fixed per and will are supposed to be 8, and the most you can have on medium  arms is 2, and you will have 4 points left.
Ok, I fixed it. I removed CQC in order to get the requisite points required to get medium arms to level 3. Unless you mean that I can't get medium arms at level 3 at all. Exactly how many points does level 3 medium arms cost? I am sill confused about how to calculate secondary stats though. I understand what they are and that they based off of the primary stats but stuff like "±2 points per ±1 HP" confuses me.

Also, you should check kevak's sheet since I used his as my example sheet. You might find a few mistakes in it
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:17 pm »

With some of the toolkit types though, that doesn't make much sense. Unless they are just really shoddily made.

Edit:
Ok, I fixed it. I removed CQC in order to get the requisite points required to get medium arms to level 3. Unless you mean that I can't get medium arms at level 3 at all. Exactly how many points does level 3 medium arms cost? I am sill confused about how to calculate secondary stats though. I understand what they are and that they based off of the primary stats but stuff like "±2 points per ±1 HP" confuses me.

Also, you should check kevak's sheet since I used his as my example sheet. You might find a few mistakes in it
I'm sorta wondering how secondary stats work also, I just based mine on the example sheet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2015, 04:21:39 pm »

I'm sorta wondering how secondary stats work also, I just based mine on the example sheet.
Secondary stats are based on primary stats, but can be improved:
[Secondary Stat]= [Primary Stat] + [Bonus Points]
You can improve it either way.
So let's say you have STR of 10, right? You HP would be 10=10 +0.
If you spend 2 points to improve HP, your HP would become 11=10+1.
If you then spend an extra 10 points to get yoru STR up to 11, your HP would become 12=11+1.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2015, 04:32:01 pm »

The +/- tells you how many points you need to upgrade a stat.
What a1 stake sauce said.
With some of the toolkit types though, that doesn't make much sense. Unless they are just really shoddily made.
You are right, but I am not going to ask someone to do what would be necessary  to make them seem different. I could just raise the price and weight  of the advance toolkit. I rather not, but I can. I feel lazy right now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2015, 04:32:38 pm »

Secondary stats are based on primary stats, but can be improved:
[Secondary Stat]= [Primary Stat] + [Bonus Points]
You can improve it either way.
So let's say you have STR of 10, right? You HP would be 10=10 +0.
If you spend 2 points to improve HP, your HP would become 11=10+1.
If you then spend an extra 10 points to get yoru STR up to 11, your HP would become 12=11+1.
Then why is hp 15 in the example sheet when all stats are 10?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2015, 04:34:28 pm »

The point spend for the example sheet. 10 were spent on HP and 4 on skills.
I will edit it to reflect that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »

Will edit character then.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:05 pm »

Wait! Dont. You can keep the 5 free hp. You all can. Give you a chance to survive before things go bad.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2015, 04:39:23 pm »

I could just raise the price and weight  of the advance toolkit. I rather not, but I can. I feel lazy right now.
Point taken, please don't. :-[
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 612