Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391005 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (?/6) Changing the Game Industry with HL3
« Reply #975 on: December 06, 2015, 09:05:18 am »

Much less than the orb itself, helps slipping in through the statics unnoticed.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 06, 2015, 10:25:37 am »

What spectrums are the statics in? Can the drone likely survive impacts from pulses? What spectrums does the Star emit? Are there any electromagnetic distortions indicating it's being held in place by a machine? Any fake walls in the room? What about creatures? Can anything else be detected down the hole? Has the Airborn Survey Drone noticed anything out of the ordinary?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 06, 2015, 01:13:17 pm »

The statics seems to be caused by EM radiation. A very, Very weak one. You think the 'star' might be the one emitting it after each 'pulse' arrives into it.

The drone itself is shielded against EMP, so that's why it's been tanking up the pulse like a champ. It's survived this long, it's going to survive longer.

Scans near the burning sphere seems to suggest that it may be connected to something under the hole as the pulse that travels up and into it seems to be following a line, and that might be something that's connected to it and you simply aren't seeing it yet.

It's very hard to determind if there's any fake wall in the room using just Thermals, and the basement is a little too thick for the on-board X-ray to pierce.

There's a possibility that perhaps the orb is connected to a creature or creatures down the hole, and.. have the hole really been that big? initially it looked about as big as a well and now it looks big enough to fit a car through. There's probably something down there, you might see it if you have the drone go look at it from the edge.

The Survey Drone continues to circle above, no monsters or fliers or any extreme change to the enviroment detected yet.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 06, 2015, 01:19:36 pm »

Leeeets back up the trucks to a range of 600 yards from the structure. Drone is to observe the hole. Is it slowly growing? Also attempt to estimate the blast radius of the star if it goes Nova or Supernova.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 06, 2015, 01:23:05 pm »

Trucks are moving away to 600 yards.

The Drone is now looking at the hole, it seems to have stabilized to a size bit enough to fit a truck in..

Crunching some numbers, the estimated blast radius if the 'star' does goes Supernova could potentially take the whole castle with it. Which.. honestly realy isn't that big, you've got bombs that make bigger bangs. And that is if the space-like condition stays, the explosion radius is going to be much smaller when it's met with air resistance and so on. If it explodes at all, that is.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 06, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »

Hole is growing. Pull the drone back out of the structure and have it move towards the trucks. Trucks are to hold position.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 06, 2015, 01:37:18 pm »

The drone turns around to walk for the stairs..

The DM does a few rolls behind her screen.

There was a slight shift of Thermals on the Camera, then everything on the screen shook. It took only a second for you to realize that the screen itself is shaking violently, the drone's modules starts to turn bright red and beeps as critical error are detected.

Then after the last thing the drone's audio capturing device captured, an audible metallic crunch, the drone promptly loses signal.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 06, 2015, 01:48:39 pm »

Well shit lets unpack the other drone we can hammer whatever it is with the RPG and the .50cals lets hurry!!!
Zander helps the with the unpacking and then points his smg at the doors of the Castle.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 06, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »

"Mobility over firepower. We aren't unpacking until we know what the Denizen looks like."

Back up to 1000 yards. Observation Drone is to ascend to its highest safe operating altitude and observe. Ensure vehicle weapon are fully functional and loaded.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 06, 2015, 01:53:11 pm »

So far, it's expressing intelligence by not rushing out head-first into a storm of fire and explosives like all the other things ever that you've encountered so far.

That, or maybe it just doesn't know that there's more stuff outside.

Trucks double time it all the way to 1,000 yards and the flying drone makes it's circling climb to as highest as it can possibly go without stalling.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 06, 2015, 01:59:16 pm »

Sit and wait. Monitoring drone is to scan in all spectrums.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 06, 2015, 02:12:14 pm »

Yes but it can't hurt either to be prepared, and two what if we don't get a chance to see it and unpack?? What if its to quick for us to do that, i'm unpacking the drone now no offense. Vigil get your sword ready we might need if it gets to close.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 06, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »

Tal shrugs."Go ahead and unpack it. I'll see if I can boot up the downed drone's cams." Tal attempts to see if he can reboot the likely mangled drone for data of some type.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 06, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »

With some clever tinkering and a good deal of luck, Tal manages to get the Mangled drone's camera to work again. Although none of it's scanners are working and only it's normal visual camera is working. Now that you've sensed danger, looking at the room itself doesn't really give you that calming effect like it had previously, but what's more startling is the burning sephere itself is moving!

The camera struggles to move and see what's mangled it, tracing the line that's visibly connected to the orb now.

What you saw made you kind of wish you didn't see that..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you had been surprised and see it by your own eyes for the first time, you'd probably take a hit in Will. Even looking through the monitor now, you can see those sharp numoerous teeth the size of your forearm so very clearly. Even with the audio capturing device is broken, you can easily see it growling, the mesmerising orb hovering just above it's head as it wiggles it above your drone..

Then it open it's mouth. Teeth.. too many teeth.. came crushing down on your doomed drone.

There will be no more videos from the drone now.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 06, 2015, 06:37:59 pm »

"...Don't suppose you're about to order a retreat?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 612