Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390977 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (?/6) Changing the Game Industry with HL3
« Reply #960 on: December 05, 2015, 08:59:00 pm »

"... Entire fucking room is a Cognitohazard." Any way to descend further? Can thermals pin a definite heat level on the orb? Also leeets just switch to pure thermal vision. Nothing on the visible spectrum. See if that disrupts the CH.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 05, 2015, 09:36:33 pm »

Taking Tal's order one step further, Zander steps out of the car finding a spot clear of bodies he starts counting while doing some light exercise. Just enough to get the blood pumping and more alert but nothing to tire him out.

Well fucking shit what do we do now if that's the artifact how do we transport it, put a sheet over it and pray that works?? Or do you think maybe it's the denzion with some kind of Mnemetic effect that relaxes us so it can strike and kill us, that orb might not even be real and we may be just seeing whatever it wants us to see. Should we just bail ship what, because we might not even be able to enter without being effected. What do you think guys?
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 05, 2015, 09:38:09 pm »

"I'm considering pinging command about this if an obvious solution doesn't make itself known soon."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 05, 2015, 10:36:10 pm »

"You mean one with zero risks. You do realize that, as fimilure as this looks, this is still an alien environment, right?"
[/quote]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 05, 2015, 10:41:02 pm »

"Seemingly zero risks. I would like to remind you how dangerous cognitohazards can be. As well as the potential for delayed effects."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 05, 2015, 10:49:16 pm »

"Fair enough. But, if the best, and safest option is to go right in with guns blazing, then we will never know. I am not saying your wrong with all the caution, but it will eventualy go wrong as thing usually do. We need a fair mix or we will find ourselves ferociously hemmed in.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:40 pm »

"If we get hemmed in, that's why we have rockets."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 06, 2015, 12:20:00 am »

"What do you think would happen if you threw and explosive into the room. Not one strong enough to blow up the artifact but just something small, like a frag grenade. You think it might disrupt the pretty colours?"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 06, 2015, 12:26:07 am »

"Depends on the materials."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 06, 2015, 12:34:28 am »

The drone switches to pure Thermals, and everything is a lot less mesmerizing than what you've remembered. The walls seems relatively normal now, a little cold but little else. You can still see the orb, and it's pretty much the only hot thing in the room. Thermals seems to have migrated a lot of it's effects but the static pulses are still there. There appears to be a hole leading straight down directly below the orb itself that you haven't noticed before, nothing odd seems to be coming out of it just yet.

The rough temperature scan of the orb's surface is around 10,000 Fahrenheit [5,600 Celsius].
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 06, 2015, 01:38:06 am »

Uuuuh so its an actually star holy shit, because if I remember science class that's how hot the sun is. Well shit we're not transporting that now are we?? Command will have to figure out some kind of containment unit for it, but what concerns me is the hole below it. I reckon some thing nasty is waiting down there for us, I say we send one person down blindfolded or looking away from it. Tie a rope on him when the thing activates we reel him back up and unload on the fucker. Then we can worry about our miniature sun, command is going to freak over this one.

*edit
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 06, 2015, 07:33:59 am »

"We have drones for a reason. Also I have a feeling that the star isn't the artifact," Scan down the hole. Also is there anything keeping the Star in place?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 06, 2015, 07:56:47 am »

"That's a sun and the room isn't. . . Are we sure that's really a star? I feel like chucking something into it just to make sure."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 06, 2015, 08:27:44 am »

Scanning at and down the hole, you've noticed a pulse of heat travelling up from the hole and into the orb in time with the static. It's probably why you've had such a hard time seeing it until now!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 06, 2015, 08:33:02 am »

How hot is the pulse?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 612