Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389258 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (twist: There was never an intern.)
« Reply #8850 on: February 04, 2017, 11:52:48 pm »

"If I think of anything I'll let you know. Would be nice to have a scaly Sister-in-arms."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: February 05, 2017, 12:10:26 am »

"Hehe, fair enough. Who knows, might even be able to happen faster. !!SCIENCE!! and all." She'd smile and stretch a bit. "Anyway, think imma pester Tal a bit. Might as well pick his brain, give me a chance to meet the new boss too."And with a wave, she'd head off to try and find Tal himself.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: February 05, 2017, 12:42:37 am »

You find Tal in the bridge. He appears to be watching assorted screens and doodling on a different screen with a stylus.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: February 05, 2017, 12:48:09 am »

"Oooh, well you look busy bossman. Got time for a chat?" Shayla says playfully, looking around at the screens.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: February 05, 2017, 01:15:41 am »

"I am not currently particularly occupied. Just monitoring things. What did you desire to speak of?"

The screens appear to be mainly drone, vehicle, and helmet feeds coming from squaddies, drones, and vehicles out and about. The one Tal is drawing on appears to be a.. Very complex design that hurts your head. It doesn't look like it should.. Fit.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: February 05, 2017, 01:34:45 am »

She'd quickly look away from that one, preferring to not break her brain with non euclidean geometry today. "Oh this and that, some thoughts on science... course I don't know much about all that stuff myself so it's more.. ideas on possible experiments if ya haven't already tried 'em."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: February 05, 2017, 01:41:03 am »

"What's the proposition?"

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: February 05, 2017, 02:10:25 am »

"Well..." She leans against something as she puts her thoughts in order. "I have an interest in dragons, to the point of having planned to try and find a way to amalgamate with one. However, thinking more about the fact that you're near to being able to clone one started me thinking of genemodding instead. Or perhaps going farther than basic genemods even. And thinking about /that/ just made me think.... what makes a dragon a dragon, ya know? Cause, you could make something that looked like a dragon, but it probably wouldn't get the juice from sitting around on a hoard.... if dragons even get that." She thinks a bit more. "Like... is it a part of the genetics? If so a full enough biological mixing could cause enhancements. is it a part of the soul, that would pass on through amalgamation, or is it something... you know... more?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: February 05, 2017, 02:18:48 am »

"Souls are a result of Vessel, Mind, and Experience. From discussions with Alex, and the occasional poking of Frazz, Dragons do acquire some form of energy from hoarding. This is presumably a Vessel thing due to Frazz as a human way back in the day did not have the urge to hoard and to my knowledge did not receive energy from hoarding. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that if someone can feasibly properly mingle the arcane genetics of a dragon with a human, the human would have a similar hoarding instinct. Amalgamation would likely result in similar dividends. The soul however grows into the Vessel if the Vessel has sufficient quality, hence why Frazz's hoarding instinct only recently kicked off despite having been a dragon for months."

"So yes. In a more direct phrasing. Hoarding is a pseudogenetic urge that is the result of dragons being literally part magic. An Amalgam would likely inherit that."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: February 05, 2017, 02:24:11 am »

"Hmmm... well then the question is, would a human who's been genemodded far enough have that. If instead of taking a full dragon you instead began to meld parts, and shift parts of the human through the modding, would it reach a tipping point where the vessel would be draconic enough for the soul to shift that way." She'd think a bit more, tapping her arm as she does. "And actually, since their biology is magical in nature, how much of that /could/ be passed on to a human. If you gave them a dragons wings and connected it properly through full genetic integration and all that, could the human then use them to fly? A dragon is able to after all, despite not seeming like they'd be physically possible, considering their size and weight."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: February 05, 2017, 02:30:16 am »

"Depends on how eldritch the geneticist is. General rule is it isn't feasible to incorporate arcane or eldritch genetics into a mundane species without also being sufficiently eldritch to comprehend it and produce sufficiently advanced tools to do such."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: February 05, 2017, 02:40:40 am »

"Mmm.... well like... could you do it for instance? And I mean, if the guys working on the genetics are eldritch enough to be close to figuring out how to clone Frazz, would it be possible for them to do it? And as a follow up to that, would it be quicker to figure out that, or would it help them figure out full cloning?" She'd smile a bit. "I hope I'm not bothering you with questions, I just had an idea and I decided to see about running it down."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: February 05, 2017, 02:54:03 am »

"I am capable of preforming an amalgamation with a dragon assuming I have a dragon available if that is what you are asking. I am not capable of cloning a dragon via genetics. Something to keep in mind is Amalgamation means the new Being is utterly New. It's a hard reset on the Soul and on Existing for lack of a better term. There can be some carryover, however for all intents and purposes, the subjects of Amalgamation Die and are Reborn into the new Being."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: February 05, 2017, 03:08:50 am »

"Hehe, in this case I was more meaning the genetics side of it. Because if one could genemod a human far enough to gain all the draconic traits, and mix in the right things, then amalgamation isn't necessary. In fact, that might be the preferred option as it's probably more stable. It would be an interesting thing to try... and interesting thing to be if it worked out." Shayla grinned at the thought. "As for amalgamation, yeah, I knew that /I/ would pretty much be dead if I did end up going that route, but to be fair, I'm probably going to die eventually by some eldritch horror eating my soul. This way at least I'd go out making something freaking awesome. Though genemods are still the first thing to test I think.... well, would be, if I had the money. Though maybe I can convince them by offering to be the test case?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: February 05, 2017, 04:17:34 am »

"You Could volunteer to let the geneticists try mixing your genetics with a dragon's. However to be totally honest, I'd give them a month or two to work out all the kinks on clones. From what I understand, the genetics of dragons are Fucky with a captial F."

"Also assuming you're going to die is a rather silly and nihilistic viewpoint. All things End but Nothing truly Ends. It's just part of the Cycle. Fatalism is quite pointless."
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 612