Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389313 times)

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (twist: There was never an intern.)
« Reply #8715 on: January 18, 2017, 06:24:33 pm »

"Hmm? Nothing universal as far as I know. Heh, these are Gnolls it sounds like. That makes things simpler." He'd quietly speak to Jon to be sure no Gnoll would hear him. "They're cowards, though they get a bit braver in large groups. Think a nastier, larger form of kobolds. Still, I've heard tales of them running away from a musket line firing even when no-one got hit. So if it comes to it, loud noises and explosions where they can be seen might be enough to cow them without needing to actually hit them with it. Or at least make them run instead of fight."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: January 18, 2017, 06:27:10 pm »

"Hmm? Nothing universal as far as I know. Heh, these are Gnolls it sounds like. That makes things simpler." He'd quietly speak to Jon to be sure no Gnoll would hear him. "They're cowards, though they get a bit braver in large groups. Think a nastier, larger form of kobolds. Still, I've heard tales of them running away from a musket line firing even when no-one got hit. So if it comes to it, loud noises and explosions where they can be seen might be enough to cow them without needing to actually hit them with it. Or at least make them run instead of fight."

"If you don't want to waste explosives, I could make an illusion of a medium sized payload."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: January 18, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »

And guess what you're doing.

Yelling loud, amplified noises at them from out of nowhere in particular and speaking gibberish and being all scary-like.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8718 on: January 18, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »

"I can throw in some lightning for good measure?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: January 18, 2017, 06:38:17 pm »

"Maybe stop speaking at them through the speakers, go to high a place where they can see you Jon. Maybe then they'll come out and not be scared shitless. I'll be covering you the whole time and make you look good if they try and attack you. Who's going to mess with the guy that can kill you without moving a muscle??"
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: January 18, 2017, 06:45:42 pm »

Jon'll slowly fly over to the center of their village, preferably in a non-threatening manner, land and drop his weapon on the ground in front of him.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: January 18, 2017, 07:21:01 pm »

It's more or less impossible to look non-threatening when you've fire and smoke coming out of your feet and back while you fly.

Once you land and drop your weapon, however, things quickly change pace.

With the huts being rather dense, there were many spots for Gnolls to be at.

Deciding that a chance like this likely won't come again so easily, the concentrated Gnolls nearby lunges for you! some jumping down from roofs, some bursting out of windows, it was rather surprising.

Jon's computer-enhanced brain slowed time down, it really allowed you to appreciate the thoughts and organization that went into this. There's at least 10 Gnolls that you can see tackling you at various angles, with at least two diving for your dropped weapon.

You were going to pick your weapon back up before the weight of 3 Gnolls tackled into you, pushing you away from your weapon, then the rest of them followed suit, burying you into a small mound of Gnolls as they all did their parts to pin you to the ground. Making excited barking and yips.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: January 18, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »

"Not bad. But I've got a shocking surprise for ya."

Arc Thrower on stun setting. Have fun, gnolls.

"Surrender. I'd like this to end peacefully."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: January 18, 2017, 07:32:23 pm »

They likely still don't understand what you're saying and made loud yelping sounds when you shocked them,

One of the two that was diving for your weapon got there and tried to pick it up while the others were jolted and bolts off of the scary noisey hurty thing.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: January 18, 2017, 07:44:30 pm »

Jon points at the two going for his Vulcan with his left arm, crackling with electricity, and makes a 'shoo' motion.

"Don't touch that, you'll get hurt."

How's the progress on the translator?

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: January 18, 2017, 07:46:36 pm »

Rook chuckled softly. "It's almost funny to watch..." He'd key his comm. "Some gnolls know the common tongue, though those these far out might not... you could try it while you wait for whatever magic you're using to work through their language?"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: January 18, 2017, 07:48:12 pm »

The Translator is at 60%

Gnolls yips and yelps and barks at you as they scatter about, getting shoo'd by the crackling electricity.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: January 18, 2017, 07:48:26 pm »

Jon will say 'I'm here to talk' in various Gaian languages. Hopefully one will stick.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: January 18, 2017, 07:51:06 pm »

None does, or maybe the Gnolls are too busy being excited yipping and yelping at you.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: January 18, 2017, 07:53:05 pm »

Jon will sit down crosslegged in front of his Vulcan and try to keep the Gnolls talking until the Translator figures things out.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 612