Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389994 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #7080 on: October 16, 2016, 05:52:09 am »

With the rest of the family's tagged and bagged, leaving only Lia and Jake. They would've survived.

Except Akras knew where the secret panic room is at, rated to survive an indirect nuclear explosion with enough supplies for the family to live on for decades with built-in generators and water and air purifier, they seems to be set for life for now..

The lead assault looks at the menacing door. The kind that a 180mm tank shell would maybe only make a dent in, it was indeed the best panic room money can buy, it is exactly the kind of Panic room Akras has.. just.. not warded like Akras's.

Nodding to the remaining of his team, he spoke. "Bring in the laser drill."

And thus, a laser drill was brought in and installed, with temperature equivalent to that of the surface of the sun, it was temperature no materials save for the magic heatsink stones was ever meant to take. Slowly but certainly, they begin to cut into the vault.. Lia and Jake could see the obvious glow from their side, something's cutting in, somehow! but how! not even the best of plasma torches could ever hope to make a dent in the door! it was impossible! any of this! All of this!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #7081 on: October 16, 2016, 06:12:27 am »

Jake is panicking until his sister Lia puts a quiet hand on his shoulder. He steadies himself nods and remembers he's a Memphis telling her to get behind him. As the door melts a figure comes in missing arm. And even as he fires shot after shot into him he just keeps coming.....fuck.

"Are you Jake and Lia Memphis??" Jake has been watching the monitors and knows that they're not killing the family but tranqing them and bagging them it appears. So he gambles, he may not be a solider but he has a steel nerve.

"We are." He puts the gun against his head, "But if you don't let my sister go you won't complete your objective." He is not shaking as he says this. Lia complains but he shushes her.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: October 16, 2016, 06:18:49 am »

There was a small moment of silent, then Jake could swear the man under the hood is grinning. "Death is no longer an issue ever since we've developed a cure." The man answered as he draw a tranq pistol with his one remaining arm.

"Welcome to Akras." And with that, he shoots Lia in the throat.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: October 16, 2016, 06:26:37 am »

"LIA NO," he goes to pull the trigger but the hesitation costs him and he gets tranqed too.

Akras has done what only another 50 years of corporate maneuvering would have done, in one day. Memphis industries disappears and all funds as well resources are transferred so the family can use them at Akras. 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 06:28:49 am by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: October 16, 2016, 06:50:12 am »

The family will find themselves in the guest room eventually, groggy, confused, probably angry. Maybe the Akras logo in the room kept them from smashing things up? Either way, Zander will be expected to explain to all of his family what happened.

At least they've brought him along for the ride.

... is.. is that letter moving?

--------

Meanwhile, Tal's experiments gave a more in-depth understanding of soul storage, it's possible to store them in rubber, wood, water and the likes. Just not as efficient as glass marbles. But possible.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: October 16, 2016, 06:56:21 am »

Tal makes a bag full of ensouled glass marbles. Always nice to have both a portable powersource and improvised explosive onhand.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: October 16, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »

Zander finishes reading the report puts it down for a second and makes a single exclamation, "Fuck...."

A short time later outside the room where the Memphis family is waiting.

Zander stands outside hesitating a second knowing the likely reaction of some of his brothers and his sisters. Taking a deep breathe he steps inside,"YOU SON OF A BITCH!!"

Its Quinton and well he's pissed, there's a lot ancient history between the two. Zander is momentarily stunned and takes a hit, but that would be the last time. While Quinton was actually more skilled then Zander always been, Zander has changed he's different. Impossibly so it seemed, while Quinton was stronger by a margin it didn't even matter because he couldn't even hit Zander.

Every move countered or dodged, Quinton had skill but Zander was just going off reflex. And then like a switch Zander turns serious, and in the span of a few seconds its over and the table's broken Quinton groaning on top of it.

"Hello family good to see you all again, its been what a few years??"

Quinton is rising practically frothing from the mouth when, "you will stop Quinton." The voice is not filled with any sort of tone, its almost conversational but Quinton stops. When Samuel speaks you listen, "Zander you will tell us why we are here."   

Zander almost swallows in spite of himself, but then he steadies himself bows as respect dictates and begins his story.   
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Memphis family...understands their situation and will attempt to make the best of it. Working hard to earn a place in the company.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: October 16, 2016, 08:45:47 pm »

Zander didn't even make it out of the room before his PDA beeps. Encrypted exclusive message, straight from the top. It's simple, yet so chilling.

"Give them a map, ask them where do they want the new Memphis Industries company built at. And a ranch. Akras needs food, livestocks and material. Welcome to Akras."

Let it never be said that Akras doesn't look after their friends. A shady bald man in suits with lights shining at the camera, obscuring his face, will be waiting to talk with Samuel and finalize the agreement and aids that Akras will give to rebuild Memphis company.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: October 16, 2016, 08:46:16 pm »

Is this event known by everyone?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: October 16, 2016, 08:47:33 pm »

Zander presumably couldn't shut up about his family being brought over and you probably pried the rest of info out of him.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: October 16, 2016, 08:48:15 pm »

Frazz will walk over to greet this new splinter branch of Akras

"Welcome to Akras. I assume you all are the blood of this dork"

Frazz gestures at Zander
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: October 16, 2016, 09:01:31 pm »

Oh yeah, that brother with missing hand? Akras is going to grow him a new one. Or go cybernetic hand, his choice. Free, too.

And Samuel will be offered effectively Immortality, said they can make him 20 - 30 again free of charge.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: October 16, 2016, 09:41:17 pm »

"Well let it never be said Akras isn't efficient......." Relaying the message to the family they are buzzing with ideas. Starting from scratch they can utilize techniques they previously couldn't before and tap into markets like regular clothing, fish, sustainable and efficient lumber, and not to mention all the new kinds of livestock just to name a few. All that without stepping on Akras's Toes, and allowing Akras to focus on the other things without impunity. Samuel picks a region with a powerful river running through, with grasslands and forest.

Frazz will walk over to greet this new splinter branch of Akras

"Welcome to Akras. I assume you all are the blood of this dork"

Frazz gestures at Zander
While they had seen a dragon on video before, seeing one waddle up to you and talk is another thing entirely. Most are visible unnerved all Quinton going for a gun he doesn't have currently. Only three of the large group are unfazed Roland, Samuel, And Lily.

"Yes we are Zander's family, I assume you work with him??" Samuel's face is passive, he is seemingly unfazed by what he see's.

(Just a warning Frazz Samuel is Stated for the business world despite his skill in guns, he's basically a human lie detector among other things.)   

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: October 16, 2016, 11:16:48 pm »

[The massive pile of bullshit he'll detect from Frazz will be delicious.]

Akras have absolutely no problem with where Memphis wants to build their company and whatever. Hell, they'll even let Memphis keeps all of their original security and employees! And will even lend Auxiliary employees to help take care of livestocks for them too.

Akras will be busy producing weapons of war and conquering Gaia and such, after all. They've really no time to really get around to doing the civilian commercial products, and while their food, drinks and cloths aren't bad, they're more... utilitarian. It's efficient, it works, and it's good enough not to make you feel bad, but Memphis could definitely do something that makes people feel nice. Something Akras doesn't give a flying fuck about.

---

Frazz's second run into the ruins were fruitless, unfortunately. Going back to that room he found the automaton, it seems that the place used to be an underground vault, and everything's already been taken out and away, leaving just the Automaton in. It's such a shame, but Akras could probably use it as a Comms relay or something, so it's not too bad. they give him 5c for the efforts and cleaned the head up and mount it in Foxhound's penthouse for all to see and be reminded of that one time Frazz gloriously trash a magic robot.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: October 17, 2016, 01:16:14 pm »

The time has finally come.

The megatransports from the other Akrases begin to arrive one by one, landing, unloading and then being lowered inside the compound proper. Some people were sniped a few times, but Lasers makes wonderful counter-sniping as well as building-burning.

None of the Megatransports were lost in transit, if it launched, it got here. Save for a few Akrases, namely the Chinese and Japanese one, most other Akrases made it here. After waiting just a while longer to make sure that no one is left outside, it's time to power up the Wards that will cut Akras off from the world.

deep within the bowels of Akras, there's an entire floor filled with creepy eldritch sacrificial runes, and monkeys. So, so much monkeys. What happened to the best not be described here, as the suffering and sacrificial power got from them were enough to power the massive ward surrounding Akras, the whole.. entire area that's been etched with runes glowed an eldritch purple glow, reality itself began to distort, twist and rended until, in a complete dome over Akras, there was nothing. A complete lack of existence at all entirely. Oh you could still see through it, but you know, everything in your entire being are telling you to get the hell away from there, that it's dangerous, that it is what should not be but is anyway.

Akras's Void shield is complete. Everything from the outside world can't get in here, not even Sat Comms. Any Spy that might exists in Akras will find themselves completely cut off, too.

Ah.. perfect isolation..
Are.. are those cats?

Yes. Yes those are cats, in the area where existence doesn't exist.

There's cats coming in through the tear in the fabric of reality.

What.

Spoiler: Cats (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 612