Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389641 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6690 on: October 01, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »

"Pilot, give me a bearing on the missile!" Zach jumps to the corresponding window if there is one and attempts to stop the missile with TK.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6691 on: October 01, 2016, 08:26:30 pm »

Frazz will have one of the guards attempt to blow the door up
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: October 01, 2016, 09:19:22 pm »

The guard didn't bring any explosives big enough to blow doors off.

---

"It's not just missiles, it's incoming Jets and they have us locked!" The Pilot said. Looks like the US Airforce is here.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: October 01, 2016, 09:27:45 pm »

"Chaff for days Medivac. Chaff for days. Zachary form the equivalent of a kinetic wall behind the Medivac. You want to guide the incoming weaponry away from the vessel. Don't bother stopping it. Just reroute it."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6694 on: October 01, 2016, 10:08:48 pm »

"Tal, I've never done a solid wall before..." Zach says, panicking, "But I'll try - no, I won't try. I will."

Zach does so.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: October 01, 2016, 10:20:14 pm »

"Round it if you can. Rather than a flat surface. Bullets and explosives tend to deflect off of rounded shapes."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: October 02, 2016, 03:10:21 am »

"If someone props me up and opens up the door, I can try to laser them."

Try to laser the jets, if possible.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: October 02, 2016, 10:17:04 am »

((I wounder when Vigil will come to. . . If he still can after being shot up with traque darts like a black man dressing up like a bank robber for for Halloween. Might have been a bit racially insensitive.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: October 02, 2016, 12:11:38 pm »

You know how 21st century fighters began their engagement somewhere around 15 Kilometers away with LRMs, right? well, 24th century fighters have the same idea of engaging from furthest away as possible.

Well, even with Jon's enhanced eye, it's still not good enough to see 15 kilometers. And even if you're a dedicated turret, the extreme range is still something your arm just isn't built to be precise enough for

The Medivac began chuffing chaffs and turned the ECM to full power. "Missiles detected! Countermeasures ineffective!" The Pilot informed as he floored the accelerator, trying to book it out of there as fastest as possible. Everyone inside gets pushed into their seat from the sudden increase in G-Force.

But it's still a Medivac and not a nimble modern Air Superiority fighter.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: October 02, 2016, 12:19:56 pm »

If lasering the jets is not an option, I can always try to laser the missiles.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6700 on: October 02, 2016, 05:04:25 pm »

Zach uses his powers to keep himself from toppling as he straddles the window looking for any kind of telltale missile-trail((F35 missiles are also cloaked and have a less than one second window between detection and detonation))
"Come on, it's less than two kilometers to base. Tell them to prep CIWS for us. Pilot, give me a bearing on the missiles! If I can't do this, prepare to bail out. Parachutes on!" Zach won't grab a parachute because he has jumpjets to slow his descent.
Once he is given the bearing, he will use his powers to stop the missiles from as far away as possible. If he merely deflects then, like Tal suggested, they'll just come around again from different angles and he won't be able to stop all of them. (I'm feeling a bit like North Dakota from RvB at the moment https://youtu.be/wRKaEHQbd0k?t=4m55s)

((One question. If it's less than 2 km to base, couldn't we simply be there in a few seconds (read: less than 7 seconds) if we go supersonic? I'd imagine at the range those fighters are shooting at us from, it'd take longer than that for the missiles to get near us))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:15:10 pm by Insanegame27 »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: October 02, 2016, 05:19:20 pm »

[Are you honestly asking for a Medivac carrying the injured to go supersonic?]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6702 on: October 02, 2016, 05:27:00 pm »

((If they're strapped in, I don't see why not. Also, I never actually told them to go supersonic, it was an OOC question))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: October 02, 2016, 05:52:35 pm »

((Well. Technically the injured wouldn't be worse off. The one that's dead would stay dead. The one that's a cyborg might be a bit rattled but would otherwise be perfectly fine, the one that's missing his legs wouldn't really be worse off.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: October 02, 2016, 06:09:36 pm »

((Wait. . .  What of vigil?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 612