Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389713 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6630 on: September 30, 2016, 02:40:57 am »

((Dragons are expensive to replace! Also he's sorta like the mascot for Foxhound at this point.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6631 on: September 30, 2016, 03:03:14 am »

The two Akras Guards are really uncomfortable with being carried to some strange ruins in the forest by Frazz, but it's not like there's anything they can do about that anyway.

It looked kind of like some boring, dirty old ruin that's too small to be any fun from the outside, but landing nearby, you finds that there's a passageway leading inside that you can peer in.

There appears to be a hallway, just barely large enough for you to walk in. Blocked by some sort of a stone puzzle door..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: September 30, 2016, 03:17:00 am »

((It would be a better choice to gauss in a direction that would knock over a fortification while hitting an expensive looking vehicle or ammunition store.))

((Frazz is highly likely to get himself killed by the dwarves. No translator, no support, doesn't even know where they are beyond a vague direction literally days and possibly weeks away, no food.. This is not a display of short term, or even long term planning.))
((You really like keeping him alive, don't you?))

(Darn Kevak kept deathblocking me, I haven't get to kill anyone yet! Only Jon came close. And now he's the terminator.)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: September 30, 2016, 04:23:50 am »

"Well shit, that was easy I guess we mop any of the artillery pieces left and kill any guardsmen left in sight."

Kill any of the guardsmen still in sight.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: September 30, 2016, 05:21:47 am »

"Does that mean I should go in?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: September 30, 2016, 06:59:27 am »

"Time for the mop-up. Don't let your guard down."

Jon joins Zander in killing guardsmen with his repulsor. Larger groups get sweeped with the Vulcan. Should he spot any intact artillery pieces, they will be immediately melted.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: September 30, 2016, 06:59:47 am »

Frazz examines the door.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: September 30, 2016, 07:12:13 am »

Vigil nodded.
"Welp. Time to do my part. Someone mind giving me cover fire?"
He then grabbed a thick pice of stray metal to act as a shield and started running forward, towards the enemy. Trying not to look to much like a tank, until he made it close enough to toss his makeshift shield through the wiring, and wreck havic.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: September 30, 2016, 07:29:14 am »

"Aria, cover Vigil."

Jon will keep an eye on Vigil's approach and help him out if Aria's machine gun won't be enough, though.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6639 on: September 30, 2016, 09:14:38 am »

in which case Zachclone#1 will take the power armor with a vulcan of it's own and a spare ammo pack for Jon. Zachclone's Vulcan will be supplementing his magic, so it needs no reload.
With the suit's AI, Zachclone will make his way towards the group, using the jumpjets on the suit to jump over small obstacles such as a major car crash. He will also keep scanning the sky for updates on the skyhopper.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: September 30, 2016, 10:36:25 am »

Frazz Examines the door.

It's made of stone, and it's got some crazy writings on it that you can't read.. there's some moss on it as well, and you think you see a small patch of tiny mushrooms growing on one of the rune bits. And that's about all you could tell about the thing from looking at it.

---

While Zander's MAG Assault rifle may give a clue where you are to the National Guards, Jon's repulsor beam out right told them. It was a terrible weapon that cooked flesh and boiled blood with extreme heat not meant for this world. With an idea where you are, some Guards began to take proper cover and blindfire in your direction. Their MAG rounds ripping concrete and tearing at roads, but otherwise dealing minimal damage to your armor.

Presumably, Aria began laying suppressing fire with her LMG, the recoil barely felt through your Exosuit, giving you exceptional accuracy along with rapid powerful spray of bullets to keep their heads down.

Vigil charges, grabbing a metal wreckage and using it as shield, holding it an angle, it was able to deflect and absorb a good number of shots before he throws it over the barbed wire and uses it as a jumping board to hop over the wrecked concrete wall.

You are now inside along with a dozen or so panicking Guards, some are running away, some are spraying and praying at your direction.

One of the surviving field guns moved and took aim at Jon while he was melting the bigger pieces, the three-man crew may be panicking, but the gun's computer targeting system isn't. With a press of a button, the 80mm cannon fires it's large armor-piercing shot with a thunderous boom that could potentially rival Aria's Gauss rifle.

It's about this time that Jon might realize that having an augmented brain that could process with the speed of a computer might not always be such a good thing. As time seems to slow down, your eye having detected the firing and your brain begin to overclock to find a solution to this potentially lethal problem.

Gun already fired, melting it won't help currently. Shot diameter at 80mm, meant to shoot at tanks or heavily fortified position, which you could be classified as both. Body won't be able to move fast enough to get completely out of the way, shot spinning counter-clockwise relative to your position. Situational assessment result: You fucked.

Before your body could decide what to do, your enhanced brain already calculated the kinetic trajectory, it would be a lethal shot right under your ribs and through the spine. Not wanting it to end up like that, it sent signals to your body and integrated Exosuit's system, you began to move ever so slowly in bullet-time, turning yourself slightly to the right as you lean yourself to the left and slightly away from the center of the expected impact site.

The Shot came and connects under your rib just to the right of center mass, your educated and overclocked brain tells you that it'll hopefully miss the spine and that your enhanced cyborg spine will be able to withstand the abuse of kinetic force trying to rip it out, your synthetic heart should be safe in it's cage, might bounces around and rip some blood vessels but otherwise it should still be pumping.

Then the tip penetrates your outer armor, pushing and sliding in as it mushroom'd slightly. By the time it penetrates your actual armor, the thing was almost like a hollow point. This is not good news as the extra surface area allowed for more kinetic force pushing around inside you. The pain receptors have already turned off, so while you feel your lowest right rib snapping, it didn't hurt.

It also didn't hurt when the shot blasts out from your back, blowing armor pieces all over Zander and Jenny as well as ripping a good chunk of your spine with it. Normally you should be panicking right now, but thanks to some serious hardware in your brain siphoning away the panic, you're only somewhat worried. About as much as what to wear to your friend's wedding. But otherwise you can still think calmly and collectively.

Oh, hey. It seems like the rotating force were enough to rip your upper half off from your lower half, so you're kind of in the air right now sailing away, probably for only a few feet due to the weight of everything on you. Ah, fuck, that ruined your Vulcan and ammo backpack! Logistic's going to be pissed..

oh well, at least Akras's rounds were good and didn't explode when it was hit. That would've been bad. Not that you getting ripped in half by an anti-tank gun isn't bad, it could be a lot worse.

Then you see things get a lot worse, from upside-down while still in the air.

As it turns out, D001 plates doesn't only make good armor, but also decent projectile as well. Several jagged pieces found itself lodging in Zander's armor, though it's rather shallow and the suit's seal should keep him from bleeding out. But that's nothing compared to when one of the bigger chunk of Jon's armor smashes into Zander's left knee, his remaining good leg broke backwards immediately. Servos were ripped from it's positioning, bone bursts out from the new opening and Zander were knocked onto his back from the force of it all. Had he fell forward things would've been much more dire.

Jenny didn't get as much shrapnel, only one piece. But said piece found it's way to her neck, being a sniper, she required as much head movement as possible, that unfortunately meant she did not have a neck guard. The piece penetrates into her savagely, causing blood to bursts out as she was thrown onto the flood, her helmet saving her from cracking her skull open against the pavement. Your Sniper lets out a strange, bloody gurgle as she dropped her rifle and began grasping at her bleeding neck.

Zander, holy FUCK everything hurts. Your one remaining good leg is fucked, the exosuit won't be much help either with how fucked it is, there are jaggy metal pieces protruding from yourself which in itself hurts like all fuck. Even with all the morphine being pumped into you from the suit's autoinjector, the pain is still intense. Not unbearably so, but still intense.

Jon then flomps onto the floor, face up 4 feet away from his lower half.

---

Meanwhile, reality is flickering as Tal does his Eldritch magic, things just.. doesn't seems right as he continues to chant his powerful spell, black ooze were dripping from the corners of the room in the corner of your eyes, but there was nothing there when you look at it.

The guard is very much creeped out, and did his hand just.. flickered? what the actual fuck is going on, man? There's Purple glow intensifying from the circle, the Intern began to struggle as he really, Really does not like this.

The cat stretches it's back before beginning to lick it's privates clean.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6641 on: September 30, 2016, 10:56:05 am »

ETA until Zachclone arrives?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: September 30, 2016, 11:07:53 am »

At full speed plus using Jetpacks? 10 turns at the very least.

You're travelling a klick and each turn isn't even a minute long. It might take more if you're trying to be cautious, too.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6643 on: September 30, 2016, 11:14:54 am »

"Allright, what's happening? I'm en route, any direction I should attack from? I have jumpjets, if that helps. I'm about a kilometer and a half away"
((Now now, Anya, we agreed to use metrics between us. Let's not hold onto a system which nobody important actually uses IRL anymore))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: September 30, 2016, 11:22:34 am »

"We are currently getting fucked badly. I'm now half a man, Jenny's bleeding out and Zander's other leg got hit. So you better hurry."

Laser that arty back. Then (if I can even move) drag myself to Jenny and try to fix her neck. Keep lasering people as I go there.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 612