Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389796 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6120 on: September 09, 2016, 12:20:17 pm »

"You mean like training partners? Yeah, sure. You gotta help me teach the Mal'Gein how
proper stealth tactics though."

Frazz fails to notice that their are several dozen conspicuous cardboard boxes shuffling towards him

Frazz then looks into Warks cage.

"Hey, no hard feelings, eh Warky?"

'Wark' stares at you with bird-like predatory eyes. You're pretty certain that she'd try and rip your throat out again if given the chance.

Stupid baka oversized Lizard.. it's not like she wanted to fight you or anything!

"At no point am I permitting him to indulge said urges. He Will be attending therapy later and if I do find out he tortured one of the Kobolds rather then simlly detained or cleanly killed. There will be consequences."

Tal continues waiting around in medical for the Kobold Magi to wake up and Ichabod's and said Kobolds ears to get fixed. He has the warded helmet Zach got psionically shotgunned in by the wasps brought to him so he can see which wards failed.

Poking about the wards, you think you've figured out why it didn't work when Zach got shotgunned in the face.

Firstly, getting shotgunned in the face is a very serious thing and unless you have some extremely good helmet, there's not going to be a lot of your head left.

Secondly, the wards that was made with the understandings at the time only protected you from Magical Psionics, but the bugs weren't Magical in nature, their Psionics are biological, and the Wards didn't protect Zach from that. So his mind took the full blast without effective protection and got mind-controlled almost immediately.

Also the Magis are waking up, the Bolds already got their ears fixed, too.

Zander would like to try his new elixirs on some test interns. Also he will increase his training not as much as Vigils mind you, but defiantly more. Maybe focusing on honing his reflexes more.

It wouldn't be too far from the truth to say that your elixirs are like magical potions now. They're really pushing to the boundaries of modern medicine, drinks that are sweet to the taste that can and will close internal injuries in mere minutes and substitute for blood to help carry oxygen throughout the body or pouring it onto a wound to heal external wounds. You put some in a sprayer and they worked just fine as medical sprays that covers a bigger area while using less of your Elixirs.

You've also made synthetic adrenaline and watches an intern ran laps around a course while high on your elixir before crashing five minutes in and needed to be fed your healing elixir.

Mixing the two together into an easy-to-consume mouth spray made quite a few interns scream 'WITNESS ME!' with their mouths all red with the elixirs and throwing themselves at the course while the others chants 'Witness! Witness!'

your tea got better. It tastes better now and seems to give you an instant burst of energy like a big fat shot of expresso of the highest quality without the crashing, though the burst were several magnitudes lower than your Adrenaline elixir.

You train by having people throw balls at you while you try to dodge, it helps with your reflexes, sure. But no where near as much as Vigil's extreme I-try-to-dodge-rubber-bullets training.

One of your Doggos also got pregnant, such is to be expected when leaving two doggos together.

Jon will take his Gatling out for a spin on the shooting range. He needs to get a feel for heavy weapons. And since he's there, he'll shoot some targets with his Repulsor too. Just to test it out.

You are heavy weapons guy. Your 20mm cannon isn't gatling, gatling are for puny fleshy babbe. Your 20mm is Vulcan cannon, three barrel spin of death that sprays Armor-Piercing-Incendiary-Tracers and High-Explosive-Incendiary-Tracers.

Your gun chews up old APCs and Tanks with ease, puny weakling fleshy targets are just sad.

Firing at 4,700 rounds per minute or 70 rounds per second at full spin, your gun runs dry if you hold the trigger down for 2 and a half seconds. You might want to look into getting a big, fat backpack of ammunition for your guns or something.

Your Repulsor beam also melts stuff, like a Laser rifle but hotter.

Also you still kinda suck at them, but it doesn't matter when you have mil-grade Computer-assisted aiming built into your fucking eyes.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6121 on: September 09, 2016, 12:24:36 pm »

"Hey Vigil, I'd gladly go a few rounds with you and the big turkey over here, but you gotta tame her first."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: September 09, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »

"Interesting. That explains why the ward didn't work. On that note, biological psionics implies splicing possible with human clones. Possible way to produce on demand Mentalists. Project best investigated upon completion of Psionic Disrupter Project. Potential to branch out into other formats of psionics. Will look into Magi Zachary's genome and possibility of use in that as well. Will rectify standard wardpattern to properly handle biological psionics for future engagements."

"Ah. Magi. Welcome back to wakefulness. It appears I made a mistake in not immediately teaching you the difference between lethals and nonlethals."
Tal places a tranq dart on a nearby table.

"This is a nonlethal tranquilizer round. It contains a synthasized chemical that makes people fall asleep. This is what was used on you and the varied mundane Kobolds. Said Kobolds are currently napping in the Penthouse I believe. Unlike you, they didn't get a dose of stims to wake them up so fast."

Tal places a bullet on the table. "This on the other hand is a lethal kinetic round. Capable of quite literally shredding organic targets. Won't do so much against armored targets though."

"Neither of these are arcane in nature. Rather, entirely mundane and mechanical. The only mechanical weapon we have that is pseudomagic would be the laser weaponry, which only uses magic to take heating problems out of the equation. We can go to one of the firing ranges later so you can fiddle with the guns. They are quite useful as a fallback when Magic is ineffective or if you aren't trying to kill the target."

"On that note. I presume you noticed that the heat, aka the primary damaging effect of your arcane effects did.. Exactly jack shit against my wards while the kinetic force did significantly more. Akras Pattern Wards are specialized towards negation of heat. You may want to create an alternative bolt format to give them a bit more kinetic energy instead of heat. Sure heat'll work great on unarmored and unwarded targets such as the majority of people Gaiaside, and will even melt through most Gaian armoring due to the lack of modern smithing, but as you could see with Agent Jon, whom in your terms is literally a golem with a sapient human brain inside it, was able to completely shrug multiple blasts off. Shape those bolts next time, Make em spikes. They weren't able to go through the table I was hiding behind and they weren't able to go through the nearly entirely unwarded Jon."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: September 09, 2016, 05:10:36 pm »

Jon heads over to R&D (again) and puts his Vulcan on a table. A slight creaking sound can be heard from said table.

"The gun is amazing, but I run dry in less than 3 seconds. I've been thinking of getting a backpack magazine that I could connect to belt-feed this beast. Can you make me one? Oh, and feel free to slap any cool shit you could think of on it."

Jon's getting a cool backpack.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: September 09, 2016, 05:41:53 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0

((Dangit, for some reason every time i think of Jon i just see Sir Pootis. Or perhaps, since he's a robot now, more accurately would be this.))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnPPMDgCNA
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6125 on: September 09, 2016, 06:32:56 pm »

((Here's where the bribe money comes in))
Zach enlists passing interns and security personnel to help him find them. Plus, Zach has access to all of the cameras.
Zach looks for the people or persons assisting the bolds on his PDA/
"Tal, keep Frazz occupied. I suspect that he's helping them"
Zach is also going to send a message via PDA to the cloning people saying he'll pay 5* for a wasp soldier
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:24:32 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6126 on: September 09, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »

-Thought I hit modify, whoops-
Gah, whatever, may as well be a stealthbump
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: September 10, 2016, 01:03:25 am »

Try to bribe as you may, no one's going into the vent to look for Kobolds.

They can keep eyes out for you, though.

And with 5* on the line, the guys that handles cloning shrugs and clones you a Wasp soldier.

Without a hivemind, it is braindead and is little more than a breathing potato.

Capitalism ho!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6128 on: September 10, 2016, 01:08:39 am »

Zach will get an Akras agent uniform for the soldier and label it 'Bob-1' on the nametag, then below that 'Pet of Agent Zachary; Foxhound Squad'
He will enter the Wasp's mind after saying that anyone who brings him the fugitive kobolds will get 1* per bold.
He will assess the wasp's capabilities ((Stats?)) while he sends Tal a message 'Tal, recommended retrieval method for getting something out of a vent system? For example, fugitive kobolds?"
He will also keep monitoring the fugitive bolds with the cameras and dispatch his pet to deal with them

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: September 10, 2016, 01:33:12 am »

The wasp have no brain capacity to function, and you do not know how to operate a wasp body well enough since you do not have a wasp body yourself.

And without some level of intelligence, just thinking 'Go over there.' very very hard doesn't work, either.

It can stay alive by breathing but that's pretty much it.

The 'bolds have gone pass where there are Cameras, someone went over to where the tracker stopped only to find that the implanted tracker have been dug out and left behind.

They could be anywhere now! even behind you!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6130 on: September 10, 2016, 01:47:56 am »

Zach messages Tal, "They took the trackers out."

He checks behind him on the off chance that Chad is behind him, "You can't hide forever," he says, letting the thoughts take shape on his lips;
"You can hide but I will find you,
flap your wings and you'll be out.
You can hide but I will find you,
my sharp eyes will..."

he cuts himself off as he realizes that he was singing a childish hide-and-seek song. He closes his eyes and tries to feel himself slipping into the body of the wasp. If that works, he will walk both himself and the wasp to the Foxhound penthouse, flop himself down on the bed then search the vent systems with the wasp.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:49:30 am by Insanegame27 »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: September 10, 2016, 02:13:47 am »

To everyone else, Zach seems to have randomly collapse where he stood while the cloned Wasp suddenly jerks to life, startling quite a number of people. Nearby Security quickly runs over to see what's going on, weapons raised.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6132 on: September 10, 2016, 02:46:48 am »

Zach will move back into his own body and smile at the security personnel, "I'm good, but mind carrying my pet to the Foxhound penthouse?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: September 10, 2016, 03:55:43 am »

You were back after a few seconds as the body rejects you, anyway. Or your soul rejected it, either way the wasp slumped down before it was shot.

With some difficulty, you find someone to carry your wasp to the penthouse.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: September 10, 2016, 04:46:04 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0

((Dangit, for some reason every time i think of Jon i just see Sir Pootis. Or perhaps, since he's a robot now, more accurately would be this.))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnPPMDgCNA
((Jon's not a big guy though. The augs do the lifting.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 612