Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389991 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moral, Politics, And Dragons Fire)
« Reply #5970 on: September 04, 2016, 02:40:51 pm »

"Clint, Roxane I'm so proud of you two I don't know how you're useing the controllers but holy crap. Anyway I'm sorry I left you two behind, this next mission I'm going to have the techies build you a suit so you can come with us."

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5971 on: September 04, 2016, 05:21:06 pm »

Zach is going to request vatgrown limbs augmented for strength, durability and agility. Then he will check whether he can still use his powers through his new arm. As the prosthetics are taken off, Zach will send a message to Tal, "Tal, you were wrong. I went through six legs, not four. Prosthetics coming off now." Expected reply: Fucking wasteful.Zach will request that he take part in the testing of the wasp genome and requests an ETA as to when the first specimens would be ready.
He will also watch the live autopsy of Chad.
"Tal, I only have one problem with how Akras has developed in our absence. How are we meant to pick up chicks in a tank? Obviously by we I mean male members of the team excluding myself for... some reason I can't recall."
"Tal, excuse my bad art skills, but I drafted up an actual emblem for FoxHound in my spare time a while ago and forgot about it. Wanna see?"

He will check up with R&D on the development of a lightsaber and powered armorsuits; get new robes warded, new armor (also warded), wonder whether or not anybody recovered his weapons from the village (1 Glock, 1 .45 tactical, 1 compound bow, 2 knives buried in the guy who had stabbed him)

He will request his file from the up-aboves, and get Tal to request it if he is denied. He will also request helicopter gunships accompany them in all future missions. He inquires to the higher-ups, black market internet and the normal internet about the cost of a modernised Russian Hind gunship for personal use and BYOD use for Akras. Another inquiry would be the cost of retrofitting a civilian aircraft such as the Bell-222 with military-grade experimental armor-plating, engines, automatically reloading belly-mounted triple missile pod, jet thrusters (which automatically disengage the helicoptor rotors when unsafe speeds are reached and re-engage when safe.) and a full countermeasure suite.

He will check up on the formation of the Circus killteam and request to take place in the raid after asking one of the wiznerds to make several soul-slaving devices.

He also looks at the reviews and comments on his HL3 mods and starts rumors that he had been hired to work in development of a 'Half-Life 4'.

Amber seems to have been largely forgotten for now.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: September 04, 2016, 05:32:12 pm »

Jon will go to R&D and pester them to do the following:

- make a dual purpose tranq/taser gun mod for him,
- modify his current laser scalpel so that he can change its output from 'scalpel' to 'laser rifle' (or higher) on the fly,
- look into the possibility of an arcane flamethrower mod and if possible, create one.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: September 04, 2016, 05:36:47 pm »

"Limbs approved."

"Ask the bugger in charge of the Gaian Wasp Project. Not me."

"You clearly haven't been on the internet enough if you're questioning the use of tanks in courtship."

"Go ahead and present the possible emblem. Is likely up to a vote between existing members."

"We grabbed literally anything of value from the village. Your gear should be present somewhere."

"Why would you need your file?"

"Why would we need gunships? Buggers are expensive as fuck to keep fueled and lacking an airbase to land em at is a terrible idea. Not to mention the ever present problem of fliers."

"Why would you need a gunship? Why would you need said gunship for personal use? Why would Akras pay for that?"

"Why would you slap a bunch of shit clearly not meant for a civilian hull onto said civilian hull? It's like you're asking for it to go up flames or crash violently. That and experimental gear is normally awful and dangerous. At least wait for stable prototypes. And again. Why would you need this for personal use? It's not even logistically or physically feasible."

"I would rather you not take part in a covert raid after the last stunt and your complete lack of military disipline. Let the spec ops do the jobs that they've been trained to do. Also we don't have soul slaving devices. Haven't needed em. Haven't bothered making em. We do need to work on pseudophylactaries though. Would make reanimation simpler."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5974 on: September 04, 2016, 05:40:36 pm »

((Most of my post wasn't actually addressed to Tal.))
"I need my file because, you know, huge bits of memory replaced?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: September 04, 2016, 05:45:46 pm »

((I generally assume that they have Tal go through requests before forwarding the sensible ones and asking the 'why' behind the less then sensible ones so the higher ups don't have to deal with it.))

"Approved. Barring sections you lack rank for."

"What about the rest?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: September 04, 2016, 06:05:48 pm »

[I Think it makes sense. Otherwise you'd face same results as Vigil where the Higher Ups just laughed at him and told him no. Which honestly I think isn't as productive as talking to Tal about it.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: September 04, 2016, 06:10:39 pm »

((Cause at least Tal tries to provide alternatives if it doesn't look like it would fly.))

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: September 04, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »

Requests made to the research lab.

1-A protective suit designed for dogs, or even power armor with now smaller reactors. With the now possible uplifting of dogs and other animals now possible, the obvious practical applications are apparent. Light scouts that are quick, have excellent senses, and have a not bad bite no pun intended. My proposal is a suit for scouting and stealth, and one more suited for combat.

- That further testing be done on animals to see if any others can be uplifted. Cats and mice for example would be excellent spies. But do make sure to take precaution, as loyalty of the animals is not guaranteed. And that precautions need to be taken to make sure no accidental breeding occurs among the general pop of animals. Neutering and or spaying would be an easy and effective method to ensure this. 

-A powered stealth suit of some kind, with mobility being the other objective. 
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: September 04, 2016, 07:32:07 pm »

Cutting balls off of uplifted animals is a sure-fire way to get to start a revolution.

This is how Planet of the Dogs started, people.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: September 04, 2016, 07:42:23 pm »

-Maybe make them infertile from birth?? Or just make sure you monitor the animals at all times have camera on them at all times?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: September 04, 2016, 07:44:47 pm »

"Or just let em breed. It's inevitable that they'll get out. Why delay it?"

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: September 04, 2016, 07:50:21 pm »

"Well I mean ther companies will use them as well, but if you're cool with it Tal."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: September 04, 2016, 07:56:51 pm »

"Do you really think another company is going to hire a dog and pay it human level wages? Doubtful. Humans are xenophobic by nature. Akras made em, we'll pay em."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: September 04, 2016, 08:07:54 pm »

"Also, as long as we dont make, like, uplifted rabbits, the breeding will be only a problem in a few generations. And by then it will be another poor shmucks problem."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 612