Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390482 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moral, Politics, And Dragons Fire)
« Reply #5460 on: August 26, 2016, 08:29:13 pm »

((Vigil most definitely got hurt))

Rolling a critical, as well as the bonus you've gained from adrenaline and pain, you bitchsmacks Vigil so hard that you sent him flying. Several cracks could be heard as his plates took the brute of the force and broke, the black man was flung over the tree line like a rag doll in a video game with cheap physics engine,

((You not only rolled a crit for damage done. But you irreparrably trashed his armor for the remainder of the mission and probably broke every bone in his body. On top of losing his unique sword. You then catapulted him off. Possibly over a mile away. The impact would also damage, and if he's especially unlucky, he's getting impaled on a tree.))

((Vigil intentionally went for the Significantly easier to replace and reattach tail to end a highly lethal fight. Rather then taking the opportunity to kill the griffon. You decided to waste your free attack on Vigil. Hitting him with a Torso Sized Paw. That is something we in the buisness call Lethal Force.))

((What's new is that although I would really rather not inhibit player agency oocly. It's getting to the point that icly it makes sense to fit Frazz with an industrial grade shock collar so he doesn't kill or nearly kill anyone else.))
((No, not really. You just think that. I mean, literally everyone in the squad has made some massively stupid decisions. Also, let's look at this realistically: VK said the pain was equivalent to getting my nards chopped off. Frankly, if someone did that to me, ESPECIALLY without any warning, then I'd probably freak out a little too. Also, you are leaving out the fact that vigil shot a giant laser cannon at me which didn't deal damage only because he can't aim for shit.))

Edit: Shit, doublepost
((He hit you in the spine with the laser. The reason it didn't do damage was because he turned the power setting down. This was explicitly stated. He hit you, as did Koyoko with the drone, because you rolled rather then keeping on top of the griffon and ripping it apart with your superior strength. ))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: August 26, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »

Zach briefly investigates the signals around him to make sure he's in no immediate danger, then assumes lotus position and closes his eyes, focusing on the direction the others ran. If he can hijack another thing to battle with the griffin, it'd be just as good as getting the griffin. If he cannot find the griffin this way, he will try and focus on Frazz's familiar signal and work out from there.

If Zach still fails to get the Griffin, he will try and calm Frazz down with the mind control

You were able to locate Frazz from all this, easily so as his mind is filled with the red rage that threatens to consume you too. Your initial attempt to calm him weren't even noticed.

Frazz then turns towards the griffin, His eyes filled with more malice and rage than anyone's  ever seen.

"WERE NOT FINISHED EITHER! COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE FUCKER."

He then leaps at it, this time breathing molten death-goop as he charges forward to tear out its throat.

((Karmas a Bitch))
((Also, since dragons are lizards, wouldn't losing a tail be a relatively survivable experience?"))

(yes. But it's still painful.)

The creature roar screech back at you in challenge, your glob of pain and burning were spat out then dodged by the large beast, it splatters against a tree, burning it too.

Your legs kicked the ground and launches you towards the breast, but your sudden lack of tail fucked up your balance, causing you to jump a little too much a little too high,

The naturally more skilled in melee breast meets your pounce with its own, it grabs you by the barrel with its powerful legs and it's break biting down onto the skeletal structure of your wing, bone crunched under the force of its bite while it used it's velocity to snap your wing at the joint in a painful snap.

Your rage is very quickly being mixed in with the pain of broken bone and snapping wing that now hangs limply by your side.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5462 on: August 26, 2016, 08:31:13 pm »

"VIGIIILLL,!!!!"

Frazz shoves the griffin off, and then backhands Vigil.

HARD.

With rushing adrenaline, you shoves the entangled pained creature off of you. Hard. Throwing it a good 10 feet into the air where it lands on it's feet a small distance away, off of you.

Then you bitchsmack Vigil with your backhand that's the size of his torso.

Rolling a critical, as well as the bonus you've gained from adrenaline and pain, you bitchsmacks Vigil so hard that you sent him flying. Several cracks could be heard as his plates took the brute of the force and broke, the black man was flung over the tree line like a rag doll in a video game with cheap physics engine, spinning mid-air and losing grip of his blade, sending it off in another direction as he flies off like a man who believe he could fly.
((Porkins, the bold is all about Vigil. All armor really does is turn sharp damage into blunt damage. if there was enough force to CRACK A 001 PLATE, imagine his internals. Not to mention what happens when he lands))

Working outwards from Frazz's signal, Zach will attempt to enforce control over the beast and get it to disengage. Failing that, Zach will get the nearest bird or whatnot to divebomb the griffith in the eyes. He will also attempt to slow Vigil's fall using telekinesis.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:34:09 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: August 26, 2016, 08:32:20 pm »

I will have that dragons balls when I get back there. His dick too if he kills my pet.
Vigil thinks as he lets his body react on its own. He was moving too fast to possibly consider grabbing hold of a branch on the way down, so his best hope would be to angle his body just enough to face forward, while pulling out his sword to cut through any trees that would be thin enough to cut through, hope there would be no tree trunks in the part of the forest he would land in, that he wouldnt land in water, and that he could keep at least enough of a forward roll going that he could roll into his fall and keep himself from just flat out reincarnting himself as a red misty smear of blood and giblets. As soon as he landed, though, he will go back into the frey. This time, for some dragon hide.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: August 26, 2016, 08:33:44 pm »

((Well then, I'll apologize. But seriously, you can't expect much less. Anyway, let's move on.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: August 26, 2016, 08:34:57 pm »

BITE IT! BITE! MAIM TEAR KILL!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5466 on: August 26, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »

((The edit button exists?))
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: August 26, 2016, 08:36:05 pm »

((Damn, I keep doing that. Sorry.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: August 26, 2016, 08:36:22 pm »

"Shit i'm going to feel this later, goddamn it Frazz." Zander will guzzle the tea he made from the plants, and go full hundred meter sprinter on this bitch.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: August 26, 2016, 08:39:11 pm »

((I can expect a hell of a lot more. I request you consider your IC actions in the future when they impact other characters in this level of drasticness. I would really rather it not become hard to justify not fitting Frazz with a shock collar. I dislike inhibiting player agency.))

"I want a techie reviewing footage and figuring out what trajectory Vigils sword flew off in. Hu and assorted Medics. Take the away vehicle with the remainder of the drones and GO RECOVER VIGIL BEFORE HE DIES."

"Vigil if you're awake Do Not Move A Muscle Or You Will Die Of Lung Ruptures And Internal Bleeding. Just lay there and wait on the damned medics."

"Koyoko you're on drone duty. Monitor the medics and keep them alive. Jon countermand last order, go to Frazz. Not Vigil. He's gonna need bones fixed. Everyone enroute to the fight, go tranq Frazz then tranq the griffon. Or just tranq em both. I don't care. Zach go find Vigil and put him to sleep with your mentalism if you have to. I don't want him moving. Aria and Jenny go with the medics. Maximus go find Vigils sword. Pair with that techie."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:41:48 pm by Kevak »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: August 26, 2016, 08:43:38 pm »

((Kevek. . . .i have a horrible question. Where are our mics located?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5471 on: August 26, 2016, 08:44:46 pm »

"Yes, sir."
Zach changes all efforts to slowing Vigil's descent, then enters his mind and tries to put him to sleep

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: August 26, 2016, 08:45:05 pm »

((Presumably built into the helmets. Meaning your mic might be broken dependent on the impact. Likewise Frazz's mic is probably fucked and torn up by the Griffon due to the meleeing and Frazz's mic just being a headmounted attachment.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: August 26, 2016, 08:49:43 pm »

((I've been trying to pay attention but this moves *really* fast and I'm rather confused; what's going on right now?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: August 26, 2016, 08:51:04 pm »

((Vigil and Frazz got into a fight with a Griffon. Vigil cut Frazz's tail off. Frazz punted Vigil.))
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 612