Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390932 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #540 on: September 22, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »

Tal's scans yields little to no results at this range, nothing new that you didn't picked up when you first scan the fogs anyway.

"Yeah, I think we're going to just like, retire or something after this. We were lucky we got a small keep like this, I don't want to imagine what's it going to be like with something bigger." A. Carmine said as he kept the Vehicle going, making the horde's advance not as threatening as it could be.. Especially now that there's very few of the original swarm left.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 22, 2015, 03:09:42 pm »

"You have enough saved up to last you through retirement?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 22, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »

"I imagine we'll get a pretty big paycheck for this mission with all the samples and the artifact, assuming we get it."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 22, 2015, 08:48:08 pm »

"With both of our pay combined? Probably." The Carmines nodded to that as B. Carmine mops up the last of the group, splattering the last of them with his big gun that's smoking a little from the heat.

"Alright, that's the last of 'em. Want me to start shooting the fourth floor now?" He asked.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 22, 2015, 08:51:09 pm »

"Yep. Aria, keep your gauss ready just in case it's needed."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2015, 08:51:48 pm »

"Are you sure? I say we bring the bodies on board first. We might have to abandon the artifact if things go badly and I don't want to lose our samples."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2015, 08:53:05 pm »

Aria checks the gauss ammo, then gets ready.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2015, 08:55:39 pm »

"Next time we head out, I'm thinking we should have a little ropenet that we can use the APC tow cable for. Just secure the artifact without disturbing it, walk outside, and have the APC reel it in."

"As for the bodies. I'm thinking we tie the to the exterior. The exclusions being the weaponry and the departed Keith. Do you reeeally want to sit in an enclosed space with that stench the knight was putting off?"

"I doubt we'll lose the samples to this though. Worst case they might get a tad damaged and we might need to dig them out."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2015, 09:12:21 pm »

"I'm not talking about destroying them, I am talking about things going so badly that we have to abandon them or die. So let's tie them first and then piss off the whatever."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 23, 2015, 12:51:50 pm »

"Well, if that's the case.. then why don't we just tie the things, get the Artifact and then just leave without bothering whatever's on the fourth floor?" A. Carmine asked, still uncertain if the group wants to start shooting now or later.

"Still, I guess if the Artifact triggers whatever's on the fourth floor, we wouldn't want to be inside the keep at the time.." B. Carmine adds.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 23, 2015, 09:56:54 pm »

"I'm expecting the fourth floor to trigger when the artifact is disturbed."

"I'm gonna look for a few things in our supplies. I have an few ideas. Then we can grab the samples."

Tal looks out the hatch. Is there a sort of mound of bodies that could act as a cushion for someone leaping out of the holes in the third floor? Or possibly climb up? A body ladder if you will?

Is there thread in the apc? What about nets or sacks? Does the APC tow cable have a reel in function?

Are there any visible still living hostiles?

Has the fourth floor reacted in any way shape or form to the structural damage?

Do we have an inflatable mattress or something similar that could break a fall?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 23, 2015, 10:53:05 pm »

Vigil starts trying to gestimate how much space one would need to do a jump from the hole in the third floor and the ground, and marks that area with an 'X' before covering that area with anything spare, that's soft, from the vehicle.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 24, 2015, 12:10:50 am »

There are the bloody, stinky shredded bodies of the creatures that was chasing the APC in blind rage, hundreds of them. You could probably pile them up and try to climb, might not reach the 3rd floor, though. And their shredded bones might be dangerous to fall on, but it'd still be softer than cold, hard ground.

The APC have cables and can reel them in, there are empty sacks that are meant to be used as sandbags. There's also Camo nets that came with the vehicle, not that you really need it out here.

There's no more visible living hostiles, just smoking dead ones.

The fourth floor still seems docile for now. Maybe whatever's in there is smart and waiting for you to get close? Or maybe there's nothing int he fourth floor at all!

Unfortunately, you do not have an inflatable mattress. It'd take up too much space in the APC even if folded up.

"Are you thinking what I'm afraid that you're thinking?" Jenny asked.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 24, 2015, 12:23:29 am »

"I have three potential plans plus whatever plans you all have in mind. We'll vote on them."

"My three proposals are as follows:

Option One: Open fire on the fourth floor. Attempt to kill it whatever is up there if anything is up there. Pull out if we cannot kill it.
Pros: Might bag a rather valuable sample. Probably the safest option.
Cons: If it turns out to be too much to handle or unkillable, might lose us the artifact.

Option Two: Tie one of the sandbag sacks around the artifact without disturbing it. Tie the APC rope to the sack. Reel it in.
Pros: Relatively safe. Doesn't really risk anyone unless we accidentally nudge the artifact too much.
Cons: Might disrupt the artifact and trigger the Fourth Floor during setup.

Option Three: Anchor the APC chord on the Third Floor. One person grabs the artifact and uses the chord like a zipline to safely descend and hop in the APC before the Fourth Floor's likely triggering can do anything. Alternate is hopping onto something soft.
Pros: Quick. Only risks one person. Ziplines are fun.
Cons: Chord may get unanchored during decent if the Keep shifts too much. Probably can minimize risk of this with some fiddling. Directly risks a person."

((Infatable mattresses actually take very little space. Regardless. Tal intends to get the group a large trampolinelike sheet when we get back. Sorta what firefighters use to get people off of burning buildings.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 24, 2015, 06:40:57 am »

"I vote for option 3, I'll volunteer to be the guy who grabs the artifact."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 612