Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390555 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moral, Politics, And Dragons Fire)
« Reply #5295 on: August 22, 2016, 03:39:20 am »

"Why do I feel like that was aimed at me?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: August 22, 2016, 03:43:41 am »

"Because you jumped over a wall without having practiced handling drops and promptly broke both of your legs and then proceeded to get yourself stabbed. I mean, to be honest, a mundane could have handled that drop with minimal injury if they rolled with the impact. A mundane can handle several story drops if they know how to fall right. Maybe a sprained ankle. But rather then falling properly you sorta just.. Crumpled."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: August 22, 2016, 11:45:34 am »

The elves yelled more gibberish, and the Translator spits out "Backwards home turn travel away go to be hurting is not."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:54 pm »

"No. Your military personal have destroyed my property in an unprovoked attack of aggression. This is an act of War that your personal have committed. We have images of the specific one involved as well as animate images of the action and can identify the personal in question if need be. Presumably during their debriefing they spoke of observing a local Hive being burned off the map. That was us. Compensation Will be provided by your governing body for the destruction of my Eye Golem or there Will be dire and immediate consequences for your settlement. Again the translation will take time to refine and you have the option of waiting for proper translation capacity before this topic os covered. In the meantime, the more you speak, the faster it translates."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: August 22, 2016, 12:18:23 pm »

You're pretty sure that that App may have had entirely butchered what you just said, but it's a work in progress. The Elves spoke some more!
"Is to not be the threatening people harm today light burn fire."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: August 22, 2016, 12:31:45 pm »

"Can you just... Recite a bunch of random phrases so we can communicate coherently? I would rather not deal with translation errors."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: August 22, 2016, 12:43:58 pm »

A request of 'talk a bunch.' may seems weird, but it was sorta kinda disarming enough for them to very slightly lower their bows and speak a bunch of random words for the Translator. Which spits out a collection of seemingly random words from simple ones such as the elements to types of fishes and trees. No names, though.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moral, Politics, And Dragons Fire)es
« Reply #5302 on: August 22, 2016, 12:47:08 pm »

"Ok, fuck it. Tal, you are now on time-out"
Frazz mutes Tal
((Seriously man, could you be a wee bit nicer? I mean, your getting to the point where basic human/sapient interaction is pretty hard to establish))

"We do not wish harm on anyone. We apologize for frightening you with our drone. We simply wished to know more about this beautiful land. My associate here cannot lay down his weapon. In his culture to do such a thing is to disrespect ones ancestors and reduces his stature to that of a beast. As proof of our peacefulness, we have brought this drink. *Points at barrel* Among our people this is a fine delicacy. Careful though, it is known to have strong after-effects."

Frazz also PMs Vigil to "Just roll with it."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: August 22, 2016, 01:09:51 pm »

((..You're trying to mute a tablet. Being held by Vigil. As a dragon. With no hands. What? And then you decide to bullshit the natives for no apparent reason? What?)).

As Frazz is physically incapable of manipulating a tablet. Coupled with administrative overrides still being a thing. Tal continues speaking.

"Frazz. Stop bullshitting the natives. Holy fuck. If you were Pinocchio your nose would be entering orbit. Oi. Ignore literally everything he just said. Quite literally all of it was lies. Continue with the random phrases until we can speak coherently."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: August 22, 2016, 01:22:02 pm »

The App dings, announcing that it's pretty much finished with maybe a few fine-tunes needed.

"Concerning, when one speaks with many voices that conflicts each others. Turn away and no one dies today." The translator gave after the same Elf spoke. "Your violence is not welcomed in these woods."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: August 22, 2016, 02:03:27 pm »

"Ah good. Translation complete. Lets clear things up. It is not obe being with several contradictory personalities. It's several separate beings. The two you see before you are my envoys. They are not me, nor are they part of me. I am currently speaking through the rectangular object the bipedal helmeted one is holding. It is also what allows us to communicate despite language differences."

"Secondly. One of your military personnel shot and damaged one of my Eye Golems. This was unprovoked and by definition is an act of war. We have images and animated images that the tablet allowing for this communication can display should you require proof. Presumably when you debriefed said personal they described observing a local Hive being bombarded with fire. That was us. It is an instantaneous form of ranged force projection. It can target anything within a rather significant range and apply a multitude of effects."

"That beinh said. I Will be receiving compensation for the destruction of the Eye or there will be dire consequences for your settlement. Refusal to compensate for damages will be seen as an act of war against the Akras Magos and all that entails. Provision of compensation however takes that off the table and opens the way to diplomatic talks. If you are not authorized to make the decision please go fetch someone who is. Your settlement's continued existence depends on your choice here. Are you a sapient capable of reason and diplomacy? Or are you an especially intelligent submodern tribal that needs to be shown the stick before it accepts the apple?"

"Acceptable compensation varies from arcane literature to artifacts of various shades to a Magi intended to function as a semi permanent diplomat to the Akras Magos."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: August 22, 2016, 03:07:58 pm »

"Ok, Vigil, mute Tal or I swear to god I will smash it. Tal, you are not declaring war when I'm your message boy. Either get off comms, or I'm leaving Vigil here by himself. Actually, no, I'll tell these elves exactly what you are and then I will grab vigil and get out of here. Seriously man, you sent us here to make peace. Demands and threats do not make peace."
((Seriously Kevak, can we actually have some time in the spotlight? Right now it feels like this is a book and your the hero. We is all characters here. Let me at least try for peace.))

Edit: This is over comms and Pm. Not translation.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: August 22, 2016, 03:28:02 pm »

"Vigil lacks the administrative authority to mute my communications. Destroying the tablet will end in you getting multiple tranq darts to the face and sleeping for a few days due to a combination of your tantrum and you likely heavily injuring Vigil in the process. Telling them that I'm a human Magi won't do anything. I intend to do such. There is quite literally no reason for me not to tell them myself. Nor will telling them that I am a sociopath accomplish anything, odds are is they either won't have a word for it or simply won't care. You do not seem to grasp how diplomacy works Frazz. One does not give freely. They committed an act of war. They have a choice between compensating us in a minor way with the option of positive relations being on the table or entering into a war with an unknown, potentially superior organization or civilization. Demands when coupled with Promises that we are very much capable of backing up Do make peace. The choice is rather straightforward and simple for them. I sent you there to get the translation online due to you being one of the two with the physical ability to take an arrow to the torso or dodge said arrow respectively and to see if you were mature enough to handle proxy diplomacy. I did not send you there to bullshit the natives. Spew nonsense, and act insubordinant. I expect once the elves make the only true choice available that you will have plenty of time to interact with the locals. However please. Leave the diplomacy to those trained and authorized for it."

((Diplomacy first. Then fiddling with the natives happens. It is a very.. Poor idea to spew utter bullshit to them like Frazz did a couple posts ago in the middle of a diplomatic talk. That's basically the exact opposite of how you diplomacy. Also give the logs a looksie in the magi/lore googledoc. We have plans for giving players more spotlight opportunities.))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: August 22, 2016, 03:32:56 pm »

((Yah, about that ... I don't think it should have been posted. I mean, it's pretty much a gigantic spoiler. Also, is Kevak the Gm now? Or something?))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: August 22, 2016, 03:35:33 pm »

((No. Anya is the GM. I function primarily for lorestuffs. I don't have a say in plot progression beyond brainstorming. ))
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 612