Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390559 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moral, Politics, And Dragons Fire)
« Reply #5280 on: August 21, 2016, 04:38:13 pm »

"We absolutely could. Just might have a bit of a lagtime due to the lack of proper relays here."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5281 on: August 21, 2016, 05:24:44 pm »

"Tal. How do you know the limits to their magic ability? As far as we know, they could employ personal force fields."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: August 21, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »

"I doubt personal force fields could withstand bullets for so long." A. Carmine commented as he watches it all happening, the App still working on a translation.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: August 21, 2016, 07:09:41 pm »

"Magic by definition is limited by power, acquisition of said power, and the ability to relocate that power on the tactical and strategic level. You can have all the skill in the world and you'll still lose to someone who has dozens upon dozens of monkeys in the local area to throw at the problem and you are unable to cart your Foci with you. Their energy has to come from Somewhere and even if they have a large internal reserve, bullets'll drain that fast. Odds are is they have an external reserve of some form on their person if they're a caster. Even then, naturally limited to how much one can reasonably carry. It is highly likely that the majority of elves are not combat oriented Magi. If they were they wouldn't be using bows."

"When it comes down to it. They fall under the "Shoot it until it dies" protocol for engagements."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: August 21, 2016, 10:19:06 pm »

"I dont shoot. I stab. Frazz cant shoot. Though he can spit. You can shoot, but you are still outnumbered, and you can only aim at so many targets at once."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: August 22, 2016, 01:04:58 am »

"We only need to hit one target to force them to disengage for damage control. Their settlement."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5286 on: August 22, 2016, 01:54:32 am »

"And who is to say that magic doesn't work differently for them than it does for us? To our knowledge, they may not even need to sacrifice something and draw occult runes like we - I mean you - do. Like myself, they may be able to shoot lightning from their hands. Unlike me, they'll have spent years learning it and possibly so much that they take it for granted. Brute force may not work to kill them, if kill them we must. I can think of a way around that, Tal."

"The way you and our magi operate is by drawing occult shapes and symbols, correct? Frazz vomits his magic dragonfire up and I... couldn't describe it for myself. But, I am powerless before runic magic designed to counter magic. It may take time to set up, but assuming bruteforce doesn't work to kill them, our next best bet would be to have ABS drones smothered in magic nullification wards and runes, which would counter their arrows and any other powers aimed at the drones. With area effect, we could then do explodey brute force stuff through their then nonexistent defences."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: August 22, 2016, 02:04:39 am »

"If brute force was unable to harm them, they wouldn't need weaponry. Nor would they need armor. They have both. If they were all Arcanists, they wouldn't need weapons, they would simply rely on their casting. Even if they're using an internal store, their energy is limited. Again. Magic comes down to Power. That is the one certainty of Magic. Sure there might be multiple coding languages of reality, however if you can't power it? Anything you carve in stone is useless. In theory any of the Occultist Magi are quite capable of casting in an Arcanic manner. It would involve drawing the requisite symbols in our minds and then forcing energy from one location into the mental glyphs to enact the effect desired. The primary issue here is that's a fairly massive divergance from physically seeing one's work and physically spilling lifeblood upon it with one's own hands. Making it a.. Very difficult mindset to get into. It would be much more effective to simply have a well of power and a book of premade symbols to channel the energy into. Same result. Ease of accomplishment drastically increased."

"The issue with warding the arrows is they appear designed to impart kinetic force and seek out a designated target. If we got our hands on an intact on we could reverse engineer it and figure out how it handles target acquisition and then proceed to create a ward of sorts to disrupt that. As for countering their purely arcane projectile. Extreme heat isn't really something you can easily ward. It would be more effective to just install an HS stone and have the drone channel any and all heat input into said stone. Letting it functionally walk inside a lava flow."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: August 22, 2016, 03:01:29 am »

Finally, after some more gibberish yelling, the Translating app spat out "To let go of you club pain stick club. Yesterday."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: August 22, 2016, 03:08:32 am »

"I wont drop my sword, if that is what you are asking, but, my. . . Uh. . .  Chief wants so communicate with you. Also, before you get mad about me not talking with you, or doing whatever you were saying earlier, I could not understand you before. The thing I have to make it so we can communicate just finnished working."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: August 22, 2016, 03:09:07 am »

"Ah good. It's partly working now." Tal turns the microphone on the tablet on. "Testing testing. Translation appears up and running. Give it time and it'll get clearer. The more speaking the faster it's done."

"Anyways! Greetings. You blighters shot one of my eye golems. I expect compensation. No. My Envoy is Not to disarm himself. Making the choice to attack my Envoys will result in.. Dire consequences for your settlement."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5291 on: August 22, 2016, 03:14:35 am »

"Tal, The elves are not Frazz. You don't have to talk to them like him."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: August 22, 2016, 03:25:56 am »

"I am not speaking to them like I do Frazz. Normally there's a mix between amused. frustrated, and exasperated in my tone when I speak to him."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5293 on: August 22, 2016, 03:33:21 am »

"You missed condescending."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: August 22, 2016, 03:35:26 am »

"No. Condesending is reserved for when someone does something especially.. Ill advised."
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 612