Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390471 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #5100 on: August 11, 2016, 01:05:28 pm »

"Too risky for a last second thing. . .  But, what if I take a few daggers? All I need to do is cut them, right? And then they melt?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: August 11, 2016, 01:10:17 pm »

"Alright, painting target.." A. Carmine said as he pilots the drone closer to the fleeing squad, going over the foliage. On some area that the leaves aren't as thick, you can see through to see some of the squad's member sprinting along the trees, the drone took still pictures whenever it could.

Then just before the calculation was done, an honest to the dead gods arrow came flying out of the foliage from one of the squad members, striking the jet-powered drone mid-air before A. Carmine even try dodging it, the arrow's head penetrated the drone's armor plating and skewers it, messing up equipment and flight control, causing the struck drone to veer out-of-control into a tree, shattering into several large pieces as the camera finally cuts off into statics. "Well. That was a thing." Commented A. Carmine dryly.

A Trio of Mortars sticks out of the Drone's launchers and fired incendiary shells into the air, everything closes down before the shell fell, exploding mid-air and showering the mobile base in Napalm. Some of it washes down the windows like a beautiful, burning rain, trees and foliage catches on fire and begin to burn around you.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: August 11, 2016, 01:15:01 pm »

"Yes. You can take a couple. They really aren't hard to make and Magi Steve at one point filled a bucket with spares. And yes. You cut a target and they aren't getting up ever again unless they know how to cast the paired spell or without immediate amputation of the afflicted zone. Still not letting you take any however without training in said paired spell. I like my soldiers not dead from preventable injuries."

"...Well then. Lets see what images the drone managed to capture. Also keep the darn drones at a higher altitude from now on."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: August 11, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »

"The drone was pretty damn high up, Boss." A. Carmine excused as he brought the latest still picture up.

Thanks to the magic of modern Military-grade Cameras and the power of Zoom&Enhance, you find the latest picture taken from a brief clearing in leaves of one of the Squad members stopping very briefly to nock a very obviously magical arrow onto his bow just moments before it was shot up and skewered your drone travelling at half the speed of sound.

"That doesn't look like a bug." Maximus commented.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: August 11, 2016, 01:25:23 pm »

"Sir, we should pull back. They have a clear advantage with speed and close quarters combat. They have the field advantage, and cover, as well as stealth, for the most part. We have range and technology, which are the ones you live by. If you want to win using your tactics, we need space. Lots of space. But, I am sure you know that. Also, there is a high chance they are sneaking in close attack troops under us."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: August 11, 2016, 01:29:20 pm »

"I really, Really want to see them make it through the field of burning Napalm and chemical fire that we have all over us currently." Eric the Wiznerd said to Vigil. "No, really. It'd be educational."

"Oh! Oh! and our four twin-barreled automatic turrets!" Adds in Steve.

Meanwhile, Amber was giving Frazz the dirty stare. She said something, but the translation app was closed so it didn't translate.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:31:55 pm by vkiNm »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: August 11, 2016, 01:36:19 pm »

"I was being literal. And Amber is speaking now, so, shut up for a second."

Vigil will take the tablet from Frazz, turn back on the app, and then hand it to Amber, to speak.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: August 11, 2016, 01:40:49 pm »

"I wish you all were dead." The machine translated as Amber speaks again.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: August 11, 2016, 01:46:46 pm »

". . . How about this, I will give you a chance to kill me, and only me, later. But, first, I have to do my best to keep you all from dieing, now. If you want that chance, then you have to work with me, for now. Those bugs out there won't kill me. Hell, I won't even let Tal kill me. That right will be reserved for you. But you need to survive long enough to have it."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: August 11, 2016, 01:50:40 pm »

The young girl nodded after the machine spits out translations for her, determined. "I'll kill you."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: August 11, 2016, 02:02:25 pm »

"Oh for. We have elves. We have elves and they have magic. Is Magi Eros awake? Or is she still napping and doing dead gods know what with dead gods know whom?"

"And no Vigil. You are not permitted to engage a small child in a duel to the death."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: August 11, 2016, 02:05:55 pm »

Steve went and check before returning a moment later. "She's still sleeping, boss."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: August 11, 2016, 02:06:43 pm »

"Tell those people behind you that you are their leader, now. I will make you a sword, later."

With that, Vigil turns away from her, and, once more, returns to the conversation happening over the current threats.

"You can lock me up, or you can try to kill me yourself. I can't stop you. But you aren't stopping me. Anyway, we have bigger issues than things that may happen years down the road. Do we move, or no, Tal?"

Vigil waits for a second before he realizes something.
"If you try to kill her, I will kill you."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:08:45 pm by zomara0292 »

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: August 11, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »

"We may be doing company policy now, but Vigil has the choice does he not Tal? It is his life after all and this is quite a few years down the line."

"But anyways you think there are more elves or is that a representation of the denizen you think Tal".
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: August 11, 2016, 03:08:51 pm »

"Hold on. What? You're attempting make a Clearly Traumatized Child the leader of a group of displaced peasants when they have multiple Significantly Better Suited Elders? What is wrong with you today? No. The child is not the leader and if this shit continues I will shoot her where she stands to end the issue in the most permanent way possible. The only reason I have not done such already is the simple fact that it is a bad idea to kill a person who has been claimed as a member of a dragon's hoard when said dragon is in close quarters. You specifically are a nonthreat. And no. You Will Not risk yourself as a company asset for the sake of a valueless child quite literally from the ass end of nowhere. Nor will you provide a Prisoner a lethal weapon. Any and all attempts to provide such will be met with lethal force directed at the Prisoner in question irregardless of if it holds a weapon or not. You are a valuable company asset and I believe it is more of a punishment for you to watch example prisoner number sixty nine die because you gave them a gun rather then any pain Akras could inflict upon you without compromising your value."

"Those are definitely stand alone elves. Difference in capacity from demonstrated creatures. Notably tool and magic use. Likely completely unrelated to the Hive."
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 612