Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390489 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #5085 on: August 11, 2016, 11:36:53 am »

Shred them. Open fire with mounted guns. Lets see them dodge machine targeted bullets.

"Lucky us. Genological Samples."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: August 11, 2016, 11:50:15 am »

((WHY!??!? Why do you insist on shooting everything??? What if, just once, you could NOT make the first strike??))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: August 11, 2016, 11:55:52 am »

((Because it's rather clearly a strike team? Hive most definitely can communicate if it desired negotiation. As it did not do such, it's a hostile strike team. Range is our greatest advantage.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: August 11, 2016, 11:58:51 am »

((I don't see a single reason for not shooting them. We're already past negotiation, not that it was a likely possibility in the first place. Also, it's pretty obvious that the Hive just sent a squad to attack us. One does not negotiate with aliens. Especially eldritch aliens.))

((Also, I got ninja'd by Kevak.))

Jon flips the safety off on his MAG rifle, just in case. Then he checks if any of the unconfirmed humans villagers are wounded.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: August 11, 2016, 12:04:14 pm »

((P much. One does not negotiate with the eldritch.))

((On a different note. The Magi are all fully fleshed out. I'll link the doc when I get home later.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: August 11, 2016, 12:11:41 pm »

The closest turret swivel towards the approaching squad and lets off a short burst of 20mm anti-personnel rounds from it's twin barrel, smashing right through trees and foliage with ease.
You watches them dodge machine targeted bullets being shot from a location they can't possibly have known using a weapon they can't possibly know exists with agility they can't possibly demonstrate. You didn't get to see it in details since the camera is using heat sensors, but you can guess that it might've looked something like that dodging abilities Vigil was shown to have, possibly to a more extreme level.

The squad scatters after it was shot at and flees. You note that the direction that they came from and is now fleeing to isn't even near the hive.

The villagers appears mostly unharmed, some scrapes here and there but nothing a quick spray can't help.

The hive continues to exist in it's locked-down state with it's entrance fortified and blocked, it's previous attempt at coming out met with napalm and burnt hive denizens.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:22:39 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: August 11, 2016, 12:23:54 pm »

"Interesting. And additional proof that we're dealing with an Entity and its minions rather than the average megafauna hive. Recommending switching to Cone Of Fire weapons such as shotguns with Buckshot or Shatter Rounds in MAG Rifles. Can't dodge a spray of shrapnel."

"Hum.. Magi Eric. Thoughts on producing a No Mans Land within a ring around the base?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: August 11, 2016, 12:26:44 pm »

"Tal. What is a no mans land?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: August 11, 2016, 12:28:22 pm »

"Might not be a good idea, boss. It might interfere with us shooting out." says Eric.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: August 11, 2016, 12:38:21 pm »

"Then we simply use morter weapons and shoot over at a high angle."

"Honestly Vigil. I think it's easiest for you to see yourself. It's quite fascinating to observe."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: August 11, 2016, 12:44:59 pm »

"Reeeeally don't want to step out there boss, I don't think the place's flat enough to draw a big enough circle on anyway." says Eric, being difficult.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:48:44 pm by vkiNm »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: August 11, 2016, 12:47:28 pm »

"Hum. Think a simulacrum would work to project the effect? We can 3D print a representation of the local area, make a sympathetic tie to said area, and then fiddle with that."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: August 11, 2016, 12:50:43 pm »

"We might not want to make it all too fiddly, boss. Might backfire and like, explode or something, or freeze the whole area's dynamic energy and we'd just stop existing in a solid state." Eric mused out as well, thinking. "I mean, we could just cover the whole place in Napalm, maybe. A lot more conventional and seems to have worked just fine."

The other recon drone that was flying around your mobile base turned and follows the fleeing squad for a little. "Should we follow them?" A. Carmine asked, controlling the drone.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: August 11, 2016, 12:56:06 pm »

"Right. Tal, if worst comes to worst, I am going to need to be fully prepared for close quarters fighting. Anything you can do to give Bessy a shiny edge? Or any recommendations for an enemy that's faster than me?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: August 11, 2016, 01:01:05 pm »

"Napalm works for area denial. Sadly it is less flashy. It'll do though. Would clear the trees out also. Use three morter shells max to start the fire. No reason to waste an artillery round."

"As for the squad of buggers. Fire a morter. Use a shrapnel shell and have it detonate a bit above them. Lets see em dodge shrapnel rain."

"Well Vigil we could always inscribe your sword with the Blood Corruption that we use for our daggers. You would have to learn how to cast its paired spell however to minimize risk if you accidentally cut yourself with it."
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 612