Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390982 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #495 on: September 20, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »

((I meant Aria switched weapons and got ready to fire...))
Fire.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:25 pm »

Fire again. If they want to attack while charging, shielding isn't gonna be a thing. They're either gonna unshield and get shot or shield and not be in a good position when hammer and sword hit.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 20, 2015, 07:53:59 pm »

The group's concentrated fire did the work, Tal's spent the last of his first magazine whittling down one of the monsters until it was simply too damaged to move,

Aria's LMR have went so far as to rip the limbs off of the one that she sprayed her bullets upon, ripping it apart into bloody chunks.

The two remaining hostiles were also worse for wear, having caught bullets on their way towards the two Melee fighters, bullets proving yet again to be beautifully effective against unarmored targets. And Arthur's AP rounds made good work against bones and the blade they used as shield while they were charging.

By the time the last remaining two got close enough, they were in no shape to fight. One was finished off by Maximus's overhead swing with his hammer that split it's skull apart like an overripe fruit, and another got sliced into by Vigil, dropping it upon the floor with a wet 'splat!'

That seems to be all of them for now..
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 20, 2015, 08:10:33 pm »

Scan everywhere!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 20, 2015, 08:24:18 pm »

You scan the room!

The 2nd floor seems to be much more decorated than the first, which really isn't all that hard considering the first floor had nothing at all.
With the help of Night Vision, you realized that the walls itself have, yet again, been filled with words. Letters engraved into the old stones that covers the whole room.

It's funny to think how something that others would find so creepy seems almost reassuring to people who have seen it before. As if to tell them that their sense of understanding in the world haven't just been thrown out the window each time they step through the gate.

You've just realized that there seems to be light coming from the openings that leads you to the third floor.

And, oh hey, there's a dead body here, leaning against the wall. It looks very much human, you can still make out the olive green of it's uniform and the tattered slashed-open tactical vest it wears despite how old it must be to have decomposed to the bones like that. The identification patches seems to still be intact, faded, but still intact.

There are several empty brass bullet cases around the dead body, and you're certain you spot some sort of an old early 21st century SMG by it's side.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 20, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »

"Job well done guys, job well done." *clap* "Now that the distraction is gone, we can go back to sawing off its head." (roleplaying that 8 intelligence score like a boss)

Arthur, checks how many bullets are left in armour piercing mag. Then, regardless of how many bullets left, he switches to his standard magazine (preferably one that's full).

"what do you think of the corpse?"

(sorry, was busy this day, good auto by the way)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 20, 2015, 10:05:39 pm »

Tal loads his second SMG cartridge.

"Someone chop the heads off the downed hostiles. No chances."

"Light is on the third floor. Max and Aria, keep your guns pointed at the stairs. Once we have the samples outside, we'll head up there."

"As for the corpse. Looks like someone fell in here at one point and died cold and alone. I'm thinking we should bring him or her back into the light."

Tal scans in the following order:

Scan The corpse of the 21st century soldier. Make sure it is actually dead first though. We're gonna be bringing this one home. All the bullet cases are gonna be samples as well.
Check the Soldier's pockets. Any mementoes? Can I find a dogtag? What was his name? Nationality? Military organization? Scrawled notes during their last moment? Anything else of note?
Scan all the hostiles (once they have been confirmed terminated.) Take blood samples and store them in the sample vials I obviously brought with me like any good scientist.
Scan the floor.
Scan the walls.
Scan the ceiling.
Scan the staircase with light.
Record the letters.
Attempt to translate. Odds are is it will be something spoopy.
Once everything has been scanned. Max and Aria are to keep their weapons trained on the staircase while Tal and erryone else helps drag the corpses outside. Dead samples are worth quite a lot.
Have the Carmines keep their gun trained on the corpses. We'll radio them when it's time to load them up.
Then finally. Scan through the hatch on the third floor. What can be detected?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 20, 2015, 10:35:14 pm »

"I am not going anywhere near those fu-"

Vigil takes a deep breath in before subcuming to the urge to just start shooting each and every last one of those things with enough bullets to fight a war.
"You stab them and make sure they are down, then I will get their heads."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 20, 2015, 10:38:18 pm »

"If I had a knife, I would stab them."

"I shall be grabbing a knife next time we are at base."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 20, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »

Vigil tosses over his knife.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 20, 2015, 10:52:23 pm »

"I've got it." Maximus took it as his duty to smash the heads of the dead monsters with his hammer, delivering those satisfying crunches to announce the confirmations on their deaths. Afterwards, he takes his shotgun out and aims at the stairways again.

Scan results from scan orders!

The corpse of the 21st century soldier is definitely dead to the bones. They must've been here for nearly a century at the very least. The bullet cases are gathered easily enough.

The soldier's pockets have several items of interest, such as a small faded picture of a family of three, a Zippo lighter and a silver cross of some religious belief or another.

His shoulder patch may be considered an identification as well, perhaps? you don't recognize the organization the patch belongs to.

Amazingly, the Dog Tag is still intact! It looks like your corpse is a certain Keith Raynard. Blood type A+. [not that it matters that much anymore.] you don't see other identifications that says what nationality he belongs to.

You searches for his notes, but realizes that it must've ben way too dark for him to actually write with anything and whatever improvised message he did manage to create would most likely be gone now already with time. You could at least tell that the man died fighting.

Scanning the hostiles, you get some interesting tissue and various bio-information, even knowing what kind of bacteria they carry will be helpful. You took blood samples and stored them for good measures as well. The blood have a thick, ichor-like consistency. The smell is horrid too!

You scanned the floor, and it's made of the same stone as the wall you scanned earlier.

Scanning the walls, your scanner took in the words engraved in the wall and works on translating it, it'll take some time.

Scanning the ceiling yields the same result as scanning the wall, all of the stone are inherently warm.

The staircase with light does not seems to have any metal surprises waiting for you, and are made of the same stone that seems to be the choice of construction materials of monsters.

You contacted the Carmines, telling them that you're bringing back some samples and for them to make some space. It's going to get real cramped and smelly real soon.

You also scan through the hatch leading to the third floor! And by gods you are seeing a lot of heat signatures just shuffling about on the third floor. X-ray and infrared shows that they are walking circles around something in the very middle of the room, it doesn't make heat so Thermal can't pick it up. X-ray are seeing some sort of a disc-shape thing, though. Small. But you can't make out much more than that with this range and from behind a wooden hatch.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 20, 2015, 11:06:59 pm »

"Sir, if we do this, we need to make two trips. I doubt you would want to be carrying all this crap while running from those. . . Monsters." It was clear from his voice that he was either thrilled or afraid to get into a fight with those things.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 20, 2015, 11:22:45 pm »

"Change of plans. Pretty sure the artifact is the disc on the third floor. Let's.. Not carry the samples out just yet based on all the hostiles up there. My thoughts are we all go back to the APC and get in. Then, we have it unload into the third floor. This will kill some, open a clear hole so we can see better, bait them out, and give us a nice slot to take potshots if they don't react. If they do react, we can kite them in the APC. I doubt they run faster then it can drive. We can recover the samples and Keith here after we clear it out. That work with everyone?"

Given the dimensions of the floors so far encountered, is there likely to be a fourth floor? And if so, how big?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 20, 2015, 11:24:56 pm »

If the floors are uniformed as the first two, then there indeed should be a fourth floor that is about as big as the first two.

Unless the third floor is just that huge.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 20, 2015, 11:28:39 pm »

Scan again! Should be able to pick up the volume of the third floor.

Also scan through that hole in the ceiling the Gauss round made. May as well.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 612