Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390564 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4935 on: August 04, 2016, 10:20:13 am »

"Cmon Zach, can't you just sit out for a little?"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: August 04, 2016, 10:35:12 am »

"Zach sitting out on a mission can lead to us ending up wounded or being KIA. Having a few otherwise purposeless meatbags drained of life to prevent that is optimal."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: August 04, 2016, 11:08:18 am »

"Oh shut up Jon. Your a robot now, Tals probably brainwashed you into obeying him."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: August 04, 2016, 11:21:03 am »

"Look mate, We don't wanna hurt ya, trust me we really don't. But we all still work for Akras and you know how Ruthless they can be when something comes between them and Profit. So let's just do what the nice man say, it'll just be an extra dead person ontop of the rest, then we can settle down, have some lunch and then do whatever we're going to be doing next, aight?

I'd personally prefer that we all go home together alive, but if push comes to shove and we end up fighting, you can bet your scaley ass we could kill a Dragon. We've done so before you joined, a bigger, badder one too. And I doubt Vigil will make so much of a difference to that if it comes to that. Just more people dying."
Maximus attempted to reason with the Draconic Frazz.

"You can't win this, Frazz." Jenny comm'd in from her spot. "Not with this many guns around."

"Yeah, come on man, let's not get anyone hurt?" The Wiznerd who shall be named 'Steve' from now on said. "We'll treat you something nice afterwards!"
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: August 04, 2016, 11:30:15 am »

"...Fine. Just... make sure none of the others can see what happens. And take one that isn't important. Like a village elder."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: August 04, 2016, 12:52:35 pm »

If no one else would stop them, the Seven Wiznerds would enter the Keep, one with the Ipad to try working on some sort of a translation going on while the six look for a woman to pry from the huddled group.

They were all either mothers or daughters, presumably huddled with their respective families. Though it made things a little difficult, they had their orders.

approaching one of the villagers, she clutches her daughter closer to herself and whimpered something that none of you could understand, it made things a little easier that way, when you can't understand their pleas.

Ignoring her blight, a couple of Wiznerds tried to grab the woman, who then immediately began to scream and struggle, holding her child close. It cries for it's mother and another two Wiznerds were needed to pry the two from each others.

It was a bit difficult and awkward, but with one Wiznerd holding back the young girl screaming for it's mother and four others dragging the woman by each of her limbs outside, a sacrificial subject was gained. The girl's pounding and punches on the lone Wiznerd holding her were ineffective and she'd just hurt her hands doing so while crying and struggling to get away and run to her mother.

It was heart-breaking to see, really.

In fact, anyone with functioning empathy[that means it excludes Tal and Kyoko.] makes a will save to not feel like a piece of shit or some sort of a villain.

Y'all Failed. [The DC was very high, so no shame in that.]

Frazz, you feel like a piece of shit because you couldn't protect ONE woman who you have claimed to be your Snack source New Cultist Friends. And that is like, totally not okay for a Dragon. It's like someone's stealing from you except you allowed them to.

Zach feels like a piece of shit because if it's not for you, then the sacrificial thing probably wouldn't happen and that kid probably won't turn out to be an orphan.

Jon, you feel like a piece of shit but you're professional enough about it. Bad shit happens to people, hey.

Vigil, you feel like a useless piece of shit because what the hell could you do either way? only to watch a mother being taken away from her daughter.

Zander, you generally feel like you're surrounded by pieces of shits or maybe you were a bad guy or something. You're a Tuff Cowboy, you can take this shit no problem.

Kyoko and Tal feels like they'd die either way if you don't do something about it, so you might as well make them useful while they're still alive. It's all Profit-Profit in a Win-Win Situation!

Other NPCs of course feel like pieces of shit, but I won't get too deep into that.

Functionally, this might last for a few hours or days. It won't really effect you yet and you'll have no problem gunning more people down, but repeated actions that are extremely painful to morales will not be healthy to your sanity in the long run. For now you can fluff out your character handling the feelings as good or as bad as you want them to, you won't really step into some serious PTSD phase  or insanity unless you do a bunch more of these.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4941 on: August 04, 2016, 04:09:07 pm »

"Grab the kid." Zach says, "Fucking do it. Bring her to me. I want to see if I can train her; an apprentice to my powers."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: August 04, 2016, 04:20:18 pm »

"Ok Fuck this, what the hell people! Half of you have tragic life stories that stemmed from this exact sort of thing!"

Frazz approaches the WizNerds

"Take life force from something else. Hell, take some from me. I can spare it. And Zach, back the fuck off. You have already caused this kid enough stress with your idiocy."

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:26:12 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: August 04, 2016, 06:05:04 pm »

Zander cocks his gun and readies only half way up, "Fazz I don't like this either but its the job and we all signed the contract. I like you Frazz please step aside and don't do anything stupid, and Zach no offense but i'm not trusting you with this kid."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: August 04, 2016, 06:12:24 pm »

Aria presumably also feels like excrement, presumably. She didn't have a direct part in it but she also didn't stop it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: August 04, 2016, 08:00:52 pm »

"Zach. You can have the kid for training After it goes through basic training programs and learns Terran Common. Not before. Language barrier makes teaching a huge pain in the ass. That and the training programs should get them used to basic tech."

"Frazz. Cease. It's dead anyways."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 08:02:49 pm by Kevak »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4946 on: August 04, 2016, 08:07:13 pm »

"Frazz, I do not want to hurt the kid. She reminds me of... me. I don't want her to have to go through what I have gone through. " Zach walks over to the girl.
"Zach." He says simply and points to himself with his good hand and then holding it out to her.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: August 04, 2016, 08:17:07 pm »

The WizNerds are hesitant and unsure with how everyone is yelling at them, but they're still dragging the screaming woman to the sacrificial are to power Zach's limbs if unopposed. "Uh, do we listen to the Frazz" they comm, unsure of Tal would allow them to drain the dragon instead. The lone wiznerd is still holding the crying girl back so they wouldn't see the terrible things they're going to do to her mother.

She screamed louder when Zach approached her with those mismatched limbs walking like a zombie, and when he hold his good hand to her she tried to bite it.

Ahh.. Yes. You can feel it, the terror, the anger, the hatred for all things that took her father away and is taking her mother away.

She would make a really powerful sith if you can teach her how to use all that anger and hatred that's flowing freely though herself.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: August 04, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »

"No. The main issue with this is we're using raw vitality. Now tell me. What is the opposite of vitality? See why we aren't using Frazz now? I'd rather not have his limbs rot off."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4949 on: August 04, 2016, 08:58:25 pm »

Zach repeats himself, "Zach." pointing to himself and offerring his hand again, ready to withdraw it if she tries to bite again.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 612