Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390700 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4695 on: July 05, 2016, 08:18:23 pm »

Everyone who was going outside geared up in then sealed and kind of armored environment suits, sans Frazz who only got his breathing hose. The decontamination process was quick as high-powered nozzles blast chemicals onto your suits or scales, giving you a coating of hospital-tier sanitation before the airlock opens to the outside world where there are more trees than you've ever seen before. The place was full of life in general, small bugs buzzing about and small critters are seen darting in the trees.

You notice a large panel area on the vehicle opens up and half a dozen threaded drones with default weapon configurations were lowered to the ground, ready to make a profit.

Standing outside of thick layers of magical and physical defense for once after so long feels kind of unnerving, really. You've gotten so used to having more than a few layers of protection between you and what wants to kill you, after all.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:06 pm »

"Oh how I have missed this feeling. I was getting cramped in those. . .  What are they again?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: July 06, 2016, 01:08:35 am »

"I don't know but god is it good to be out again." Zander stretches leisurely, and then checks his weapons one last time.
"Well how do you guys want to do this, surround them and shock and awe or be a but more diplomatic about it?"
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 06, 2016, 01:34:29 am »

"You lack the numbers to encircle them. I recommend begin diplomatically, then shift to shock and awe should there be a language barrier."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4699 on: July 06, 2016, 05:23:32 am »

((M Bak guise!))

"We have the drones to fill numbers. Remember that defenses work both ways; they stop people going in as well as people going out. Recall Caesar at Alesia."

"Also Tal, with my reflexes and my abilities I could enter melee effectively. Arrows are slow compared to bullets, so I can slow or stop them easily. Melee weapons travel far slower than that. En masse crossbows do worry me, though, but we can hope that they are too primitive for those."

"What we should do is walk up to their front gate and demand to see their leader. We'll... figure it out from there. I'm itching to use my lightning again," Zach looks at Frazz, "Pardon the pun, but we'll wing it."

Zach will scan the sky and forest for wildlife as he talks. "I tell you what, whether they're corporate or military; lavish or minimal, rations get boring after a while. I wonder what the locals taste like..."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 06, 2016, 11:27:58 am »

"Depending on the seasoning and ingredients you used to cook them, I'd assume." Maximus offered helpfully as he rack a shell into his shotgun, a delightful glee could be seen through his visor as the last drone is unloaded and ready to move out as soonest as you are.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: July 06, 2016, 09:56:13 pm »

As it turns out, the literal jungle is far more difficult to traverse than an empty flatland. The ground is wet and feels sticky with each stomp of your boots, weighed down by your weapons, armor and equipment. The vines and plants blocking much of the way that needed to be cut through, and your knives aren't nearly big enough for the job. Vigil's sword and Frazz's claws helped much, though.

And it's likely thanks to the virtual compass that you didn't get yourselves lost, as well as overhead mapping support by recon drones.

The threaded drones are slowed down by all the tree roots and sliced vines that threaten to get stuck on it's tracks, so the progress is slow with Frazz and Vigil slicing a path for you. It's estimated that if you keep going without stop, you'll arrive at the edge of the village's clearing in four or so hours.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 06, 2016, 11:36:50 pm »

Nothing to do but keep forging ahead, keep alert and as quiet as possible.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 07, 2016, 07:02:58 am »

*slick* Vigil keeps his eyes forward, scanning the distance for clearing, while his ears scan the sides.
"Where are all the animals? I had heard that forest were teaming with them "
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 07, 2016, 05:48:59 pm »

"Well we did just come here in that earthquake machine over there, they probably got scared and ran off."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4705 on: July 07, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »

"Are we there yet?" Zach says as he trudges, "This is a lot less... fun... than I thought it would be."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 07, 2016, 07:45:12 pm »

Maximus seems to share Zach's opinion, the Pseudo Roman struggling to keep his eyes and ears out as the party trudge along in a line behind Frazz and Vigil.

But there was a bee-like buzz that got him instantly perk up and grip at his shotgun a little tighter. "You guys hear that?" He asked as his head turns around to find the source of buzzing.. a Lot of buzzing.

Seeing that her bigass rifle probably aren't going to be very useful in CQC, Jenny shoulders it and draw her .45 Tactical and turn the laser dot on.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: July 07, 2016, 07:47:04 pm »

Frazz crouches as low to the ground as possible, ready to spring into the air to either fight or run away bravely at a moments notice
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4708 on: July 07, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »

Zach pulls the string on his bow, "I hear it." He focuses his reflexes.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 07, 2016, 10:24:13 pm »

"Halt for now. Let the drones scan the surroundings. Form a defensive circle."
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 612