Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390712 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4635 on: June 29, 2016, 08:46:42 pm »

"I mean any additional deviations from the current siesmic activity. And more or less. Observe for now."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4636 on: June 29, 2016, 10:38:43 pm »

Frazz assumes a blank expression and begins speaking in Monotone

"Zachary, close your ostiumus grandes or you shall be subjected to a total of 4.5 hours of mandatory labor cleaning the buildings lavatory facilities."
"Eh, I'm already grounded... Tal, am I ungrounded yet?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:11 pm »

"We're through the gateway correct Zach?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: June 30, 2016, 02:37:48 am »

Some time pass during the slow crawl of travel, and though you are certain that the forest contains many lives, none of them showed themselves for you. Then again, you doubt anything with half a brain would want to oppose a literal moving metal mountain. Thus the travel were quiet enough save for the sound of Zach, Frazz and anyone who may be joining them bickering or throwing jokes around. It's really like a field trip!

It took you a couple of hours of crunching through thick forest to finally reach the 5 miles spot, and the Carmine brothers parks your Mobile base once there. One forest spot isn't so different from another, after all. "Alright, we're 5 miles out from the Village and everything is reading green on the scanners. No unusual earth movements detected, looks like we're still good. What now, boss?"
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4639 on: June 30, 2016, 02:41:37 am »

Zach begins getting into his combat gear, getting halfway through before freezing in horror. "Tal..." He begins, "I think I left something back at the penthouse."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: June 30, 2016, 03:18:39 am »

"Sucks to be you, then." Maximus commented simply.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4641 on: June 30, 2016, 04:20:38 am »

"I left many things back there. Toothpaste, deodorant, underpants..."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: June 30, 2016, 04:29:36 am »

"Your Renaissance fair outfit?" Chuckling slightly to himself, Zander starts putting on his gear as well.

"So I'm assuming we're not introducing ourselves to the locals yet? Do a little more recon and access if they're approachable or not I'm assuming." Looking at the footage from the drones, do the villagers seem tense or armed in any way? Also is there any parts of palisade that seem damaged or newer then the rest of it, like part of it has been replaced?
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: June 30, 2016, 04:47:33 am »

It's quite difficult to really catch the 'mood' of the population, and you doubt people carry obvious weapons with them all the time anyway. But small knives or daggers could be seen on belts of the population, and they must have a stock of weapon somewhere to keep themselves safe. What you could pass for the town's Miltia on the wall are obviously armed, of course. With spears that seems suitable for throwing and a small, square shield that appears wooden. One could probably be used with a bow and arrows if need be.

The Palisade shows signs of repairs and patching, packed dirt and clay reinforcing bits of the wall where it's backed by packed earth. Though it might just be age of wear and tear, but the Palisade definitely looks maintained.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: June 30, 2016, 08:11:01 am »

"…OR we could just have me and zach fly in, with Zach doing his lightning bolt thingy, and claim to be a benevolent wizard who wishes to find evil to slay in the land."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: June 30, 2016, 09:47:24 am »

"Ooor we could not do something impulsive and stupid and see if they are actually capable of speaking Terran Common."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: June 30, 2016, 02:23:46 pm »

"Wait, guys/gals/dragons, we should consult the Wiznerds. They will probably be the most fluent in speaking medieval dialects. Also, what if we've just entered a Wiznerd D&D session? I'm going to go ask them if any of this seems familiar."

((Speaking of which, how are the Wiznerds taking this? Id imagine they'd be quite thrilled))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: June 30, 2016, 09:11:58 pm »

"..Frazz. The likelihood of the populace speaking a nonterran language is quite high."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: June 30, 2016, 09:42:06 pm »

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that in our history, people who does witchcraft and sorcery are met with being tied to a stake and burned, alive." Maximus points out.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:07 am »

"Well, at the very least we shouldnt send in a probe. It probably would be better if we sent in a person dressed in simple guard, no facemask or anything. I mean, what would be scarier: Mysterious buzzing metal-thingy suddenly appearing, or a stranger who doesnt speak your language. Perhaps we could have them bring gifts. What do you think would be a valued commodity in medieval times? Additionally, we should bring some tablets with pictograms giving a basic description of who we are. Obviously leave put the whole portal-thingy, but we could say we are a traveling caravan. We could easily rig up a believable looking cart. I could pull it."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 612