Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390773 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (R.I.P Bolts. Valhalla's Bravest.)
« Reply #4485 on: May 12, 2016, 02:32:15 am »

Zach will be allowed to roam. Provided there is an armed guard present with him at all times. Unknown contagions, even bloodborne are not something to risk letting loose.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4486 on: May 12, 2016, 03:14:19 am »

((Free-range Sith XD))
Zach will go to R&D as stated before. His wishlist includes
  • Bulletproof mask/fullfacehelmet with an AI, black in design
  • He will also get extra masks/helmets for the rest of the team.
  • A laser sword
  • Training dummies x20
  • Assorted firearms x20
  • Magazines of blank rounds for assorted guns x2 each
  • A suit of black material to go over his regular armor
He will also send a higher-up a message ((Which I am typing up for vkiNm now in a PM))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 03:22:28 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: May 12, 2016, 04:38:19 am »

The higher up had a good laugh and never replied.

Logistics also says that he can have all of the requested. Provided he pay for them in full.

Edit*
Jenny also thinks that Zach is a huge sexist and is oppressing her and all their female Co workers.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:01:32 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4488 on: May 12, 2016, 05:20:57 am »

Yeah well Jenny can think what she wants. Zach just went through a huge ordeal and he is hoping the masks may allow him to look sideways and not burst into rage at the sight of a female. Accompanied by classical music, maybe. And an AI which tries to calm him if he gets angry at a friendly.

Zach will inquire about the costings then consult his back pocket and his bank balance.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:09:05 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: May 12, 2016, 06:11:36 am »

Jenny also thinks that Zach is a huge sexist and is oppressing her and all their female Co workers.
((What else is new.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: May 12, 2016, 06:20:46 am »

((...I don't think the masks are needed, really. On-mission, everyone would be wearing full armor and helmets anyway.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: May 12, 2016, 06:52:59 am »

Logistics calculates the cost out for you. Assorted Firearms of relative modern are around 10* for any decent gun, each. So that's 200*

You already have Foxhound's helmet, and they can't make it more bulletproof than it already is. Painting + Improving HUD with some AI is a luxury that isn't standard and will cost as such, an 10*

A Laser sword have not been developed yet. But if you want, you can buy a Laser rifle for 50*. Comes with a built-in nuclear generator and magical stone heatsinks so it shoots infinitely, in theory.

A training dummy of reasonable quality is at LEAST 2* each. So that's 40*

Two magazine with blank rounds goes at half a *, so 2 x 20 = 40 quartered off and it's 10* for 40 mags of blank rounds.

A suit of 'black material', what the hell is he talking about? They can just spray-paint his armor black if he wants for free.

In total, that comes up to 310* in total for everything he just asked for.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4492 on: May 12, 2016, 06:58:55 am »

Zach consults his account. Hey, Foxhound should have enough.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: May 12, 2016, 07:16:11 am »

Foxhound isn't going to be spending large quantities of money where it could otherwise be put to better use. Especially with new combat drones rolling off the assembly line. We need more anti air capacity after all.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4494 on: May 12, 2016, 07:23:45 am »

The helmet was the only solid thing I wanted. Zach will get an AI put into his helmet and have the helmet and his armor painted black. Most of his gear too, unless it wold be wrecked from painting it.
Hopefully looking at the world through a lens will reduce the rage he feels towards women.

Zach will end up not buying any guns or ammo, instead he will get interns to 3dprint mockups. He just wants to play around with his new powers. He will tell R&D that he wants to be told immediately when a laser sword is developed.Interns can be used in the less destructive training exercises he has planned and other targets can be made for the more destructive exercises.

He leaves R&D with the idea of a coilgun which superheats whatever it fires, presumably metal rods with stabilising fins.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: May 12, 2016, 08:48:56 am »

R&D briefly glances at their still-working Gauss weaponry that could make any one person become an anti-tank weapon, then to the newly researched Laser rifles that offers theoretically infinite shots, and gives the departing Zach a flat look. Something tells him they maybe only dabble in the idea of coilguns for a little, but not too much.

Meanwhile, Jon gets told by R&D that if he wants, they can remove his brain and put it in an entirely robotic body if that's what he wants. It'll cost him some, though. But it's entirely possible, if he wants, of course. That, or slice off some more limbs to replace it with bionics.

Kyoko is really getting the hang of the laser rifle now, she's getting used to the idea of no-bullet drop weapon that offers tiny kickback and pin-point accuracy.

Virgil is getting cheered on by the crowd as he kept dancing and sweating all over the DDR Machine.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: May 12, 2016, 09:35:31 am »

((Well, VK, im a dragon. Id imagine they are going to need some sort of special rig to get the thing on my head. After that, yeah go ahead with everything.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: May 12, 2016, 10:13:52 am »

Jon asks how much he'd need to pay for a full-body augmentation. He still wants some of his fleshy bits intact. Also, overhearing the talk about coilguns, he suggests that R&D tries making an automatic Gauss Gun. Think about the amount of damage one of those mounted on a vehicle could do.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: May 12, 2016, 10:20:47 am »

((The vehicle wuld be doing backflips if it was automatic.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: May 12, 2016, 10:25:42 am »

((The vehicle wuld be doing backflips if it was automatic.))
((Who said that it needs to be mobile? I was thinking of it being a bit like a Siege Tank from Starcraft.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 612