Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391023 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #420 on: September 17, 2015, 11:00:51 pm »

You're over half way back to the Vehicle, but the enemies, now dubbed 'imps' are upon you!

They leap from afar in attempt to pounce onto you, still making you hear those strange noises, but your squad have many automatic weapons and at best they could do is to perish close enough to you that it's explosion wash a wave of heat over you. While uncomfortable, it's far from lethal.

Fortunately, even though they got in close, there were not that many and you were not overwhelmed enough to pause your retreat, Aria's LMR and Arthur's assault rifle performed.. acceptable at such a close range, working just fine in surprised bursts that rips apart the imps.

Tal's tungsten-tipped quarter staff proves to be an acceptable defensive melee weapon, even though the imps move fast, the staff's large sweep and swipes were damaging enough to throw them off or shattering them entirely, Tal managed to snatch up a piece!

Vigil finally got to do something with his sword! Just as one of the few remaining imps leap forward, he simply held out his sword and the creature impales itself on his weapon. The misty monster struggles for a moment before expiring into nothingness.

Maximus was in the middle of pumping his shotgun after blasting an Imp away when another imp leap towards him, It crashes into him and hammered at his chest with a stick-like weapon and causing an unhealthy 'crack!' noise before the large man roared in anger and punches the offending monster in the face with his gloven fist, shattering it's 'head' entirely.

The Vehicle and Jenny are holding fire for now, not wanting to risk hitting any of you.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 17, 2015, 11:23:21 pm »

"Clear out the rest of the Imps. Max, try not to move, you've likely broken a rib." Tal continues firing/smashing until they're all dead.

((What happened to our medic character?))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 17, 2015, 11:36:06 pm »

Vigil smiles as he slinks his sword back into attack position.
"Sir, this is why I am here."
And he goes into a disturbing psychotic flurry against the nearest enemy, in an attempt to leave it not but a fine dust.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 17, 2015, 11:51:13 pm »

Unequip gun and equip knife. Begin stabbing as many as I can.

"Let's see how fragile these things really are"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 17, 2015, 11:55:20 pm »

"Oi! Keep shooting. Why do you even have a knife when you could have brought a sword?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:51 am »

"Clear out the rest of the Imps. Max, try not to move, you've likely broken a rib." Tal continues firing/smashing until they're all dead.

((What happened to our medic character?))

[You mean Seth/Lalush? I believe they were stuck with the other squads when their Evac chopper crashed last Castle.]

Vigil try as he might to dice his enemies in a flurry of slashes, but not only dicing something until they are a fine dust is far from what you can do now, the enemy shatters and dissipate anyway, so there was no fine dust to be left behind.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Maximus said as he blasts another leaping imp with his shotgun, it showers him with shards that glows with heat. He's fine, though. Just uncomfortably hot.

Arthur unequipped his rifle and draw his combat knife, one of the imp leaps at him, forming a figure mid-air and swinging it's stick-like weapon down at him. To which Arthur would presumably attempt to dodge or parry it with his knife, but the creature was fast. And it was that moment that Arthur realized.

That he fucked up.

The combat knife is a horrible parrying weapon, and the stick simply slipped along it and continue on it's merry way, right down onto the top of his helmet with force delivered at such speed, There was a loud crack as his helmet split down the middle, the HUD visor flicking out, the blow delivered treacherous force down at his neck but fortunately the neck pads at his armor helped keeping it from snapping.

Arthur's saved by his helmet, the brave equipment sacrificing itself for it's master. He's not even stunned! But he's lost his HUD now and his helmet is split down the middle but is still on him.

It's fine, though. The imps are thinning out and you should only need to get rid of a few more before it's over.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 18, 2015, 05:15:20 am »

Continue firing!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 18, 2015, 06:22:02 am »

Stab that guy who just broke my helmet and then equip my rifle to kill the remaining ones.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 18, 2015, 08:27:13 am »

Vigil quickly found his pattern, learning that trying to get in more than a killing blow was futile. Just step, block, slash. Step back, duck, stab. Dodge left, slash. He took half a second to see one of the sticks were on the ground. If not, he would try to get one, by literally dis-arming his next target.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 18, 2015, 09:59:13 am »

((I'm talking about Dr. Ayes. A1s's character.))

Keep shooting.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 18, 2015, 08:01:40 pm »

((I'm talking about Dr. Ayes. A1s's character.))

Keep shooting.

[I believe A1 have abandoned the campaign already, no? or at least they haven't posted for quite some time already. So their Doctor character is residing on the other side where it's slightly less dangerous than where you are now. :D ]

Aria kept firing her LMR until the barrel ran hot. If the magazine isn't empty yet, it will be very soon. Fortunately, it seems like you've gotten the last of the imps along with everyone.

Tal's Quarter staff proves to be useful in the fight as it meant that each time he killed an Imp, it's explosion would be an arm's length further away and much less dangerous, plus it gave more range than the imp's sticks.

Arthur stabs at the creature that broke his helmet, his combat knife made a metallic noise when it made contact and the imp's chest where it was hit bursts fourth hot smoke and shards. Blinding him momentary and showering him with white, glowing shards, he's received some cuts and burns at his exposed hands but the damage were more painful than it is life-threatening.

Vigil's fencing with the Imps have been difficult, They're fast and dodges quite well once it has taken form and engages in melee, But with it being one of the last remaining Imps and have slowed down considerably, it was liable to being targeted.

The Imp that was fighting Vigil suddenly explodes into a burst of hot smoke and shards after a loud Crack from a rifle, Jenny having taken the chance to shoot into Melee and hit the thing dead in the center mass.

The fighting's over! The fog have dispersed considerably and you can see easily again, The imp's sticks dissipated along with them and nothing but small shards from their shattered selves are left.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 18, 2015, 08:02:46 pm »

Check ammunition. We're in the future, the gun would have some kind of ammunition indicator, wouldn't it?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 18, 2015, 08:08:54 pm »

Check ammunition. We're in the future, the gun would have some kind of ammunition indicator, wouldn't it?
(Depends. . . . I would like to say yes for newer style weapons. . . .  Which are most of them)
"Are you happy, Jenny? Did that meet all your expectations? Or do you want to fire one more time?"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 18, 2015, 08:27:11 pm »

Reload gun. Enter the keep.

"The fact that they can smash my helmet with their bare hands is useful data. I bet it's worth some good money."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 18, 2015, 08:40:12 pm »

"Everyone check yourselves for injuries. I want your honest opinions of if we should proceed or pull out. Max, I'm looking at you. I know one of the imps hit you rather hard."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 612