Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390867 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Someone just had eldritch cowbabies)
« Reply #4110 on: March 29, 2016, 04:25:56 am »

Tal sits. "This works quite fine and provides a frame of reference for your original form should we end up having the genetics department attempt to produce a genetically similar body from the bits of your remains we recovered."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: March 29, 2016, 06:58:36 pm »

Tal sits. "This works quite fine and provides a frame of reference for your original form should we end up having the genetics department attempt to produce a genetically similar body from the bits of your remains we recovered."

002 waved a hand slightly at that, chuckling as if being told a particularly amusing joke. "Perhaps, perhaps. But one seldom returns to something once they've got something better, no? Unless it's for the sake of nostalgia, of course." He said, before he gathers himself for a serious tone, sitting up a little straighter and clasping his hands infront of him. "Now, about your prior question before we got here. About what you call Entity 004 and it's.. forms. I suppose I will have to start explaining a few things." He said, nodding. "To keep it short and understandable, given enough power, sacrifices and a complicatied runes, one can perform a ritual that acts very much like the gate that you have in repairs right now. Sending whatevery is in the circle through to the other side. But this seems to only work once, or at least on this side of things, if this is even the same place as I came from at all." He explained, mumbling a little at the end.

"I've done that, sending my manor through in hope that where I go through will be the source of magic where I can perform even greater rituals and spells. Turns out I only got a step closer and there are still many, many steps away. Steps in which I have no idea how to take. So I got stuck there, and there was only so much food and wine I've stored. Magical conjuring kept me going a while longer but then age and health starts becoming a problem. Again, magic helps, but there was only so much I could do. I needed more power, so I began conjuring minions of my own. The ones you killed, that is. And went out looking for some sort of sources of magic." He continued his story, taking a moment's pause to take a sip from a silver goblet.

"As you already know, there were castles there. Of varying sizes. Upon finding out that within each are artifacts of great power, I began raiding the other castles. Going only for the small ones, of course. Eventually I gathered enough trinkets for a ritual to solve my mortality problem permanently, but I wanted more still. So guess what I found.. yep, the cowbell. Literally drives me crazy, honestly. So I guess that explains why my book were a bit crazy at parts. And why my manor is so heavily guarded. In the end I've decided that I didn't want as much great power as not being stalked by that god-forsaken monster and performed the acension ritual, with a few modifications. Which, turns me into what you saw earlier. No regrets, though. The Cowbell thing haven't bothered me ever since."

["Hmm. Well, do you know what exactly we are channeling when we perform this so called 'magic?' It obviously isn't 100% through our own will, because then it would have been discovered already. I have the feeling that their is some greater force we are channeling through these rituals. Also, may I call you Mentor? It's kinda awkward referring to a man sitting in front of you as a number."/color]

He turns to face the Draconic toddler. "As for your question, All I know is that magic came from a whole different place than ours. Infinite in both viarity and function. The runes that we draw serve like a small hole that we poke between realitys to draw it out, where our will act like.. a difference in pressure, really squeezing it out. But what makes a real difference would be a life sacrifice. I theorizse that perhaps the Afterlife is real, and that's where Magic comes from. As we kill something and pouring life through the hole, it loosen it enough for us to pull what we want through. I could be wrong, of course, we could all just be using our very own souls and the souls of others to fuel our spells and magic." He adds, shrugging.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: March 29, 2016, 07:21:01 pm »

"Hum. Interesting. Very much so. On the topic of the Cowbell however, I do not believe it will be bothering anybody for the next while."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: March 29, 2016, 11:11:07 pm »

Vigil finally snaps out his game triggered coma, and looks to the clock in the room and then Aria.

"I. . . I'm sorry. I met to spend time with you, not zone out."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: March 30, 2016, 06:00:42 am »

She grins. "Don't worry, I did the exact same thing when I played that game."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: March 30, 2016, 02:17:26 pm »

"So, Lovecraft was right? Anyway, the book you wrote, did it contain your full knowledge on Magic, the castles denizens, and similar? We've managed to translate it, and we think we have more or less gotten all the relevant data from it. Do you have any further knowledge? Also, do you want a body to possess in the corporeal world? R&D could probably make one."

Edit: Oh, and Lastly, you said you transported your manor here. What time period was that? And where was the manor originally? We may be able to find out now by examining whatever came through the portal when you went through. It seems that usually there's a sort of exchange going on between the dimension/planes/worlds/thingies."

((Dude experiments with arcane, goes insane, finds uncomprehendable power, causes mansion to become evil. Darkest Dungeon much?))

Edited it: Ruin has come to our family...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:22:15 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: March 30, 2016, 05:25:53 pm »

((Less of a Darkest Dungeon thing actually. DD involves a person finding Bad Things Trademarked under a rather old family mansion. Theeeeen he goes insane.))

"At the very minimum, enchanting an artifact that negates his memetic problem when in the general vicinity of it would be a good idea so he can conveniently chat. Although a shell would make more sense."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: March 30, 2016, 08:28:23 pm »

"So, what now?"
He looked up at her expectantly. At a loss at ideas for anything, since he has known nothing but survive and train for most of his life, leaving a huge gap in his knowlage when it came to women and entertainment.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: March 30, 2016, 08:33:20 pm »

"Hm. To be honest, I've never really been a social person. It's not like we can hang out on this floor, what with them all summoning a demon or whatever they're doing."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: March 30, 2016, 08:44:20 pm »

"I want to say that the door is locked and should stop then and their shi-. . . sha-. . .  their stupidity, but. . . you know. Magic. Funny thing is, I am thinking of asking them to help me using that. I beat my time, yesterday. Easy. Ran a two minute mile. But I nearly passed out. I can feel that I can do better, too."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: March 30, 2016, 08:47:43 pm »

"Hm. I'd say be cautious about it. Let them perfect their thing first before getting involved, or it might backfire."
Sigtext!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: March 30, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »

"Alright. How about you. Have you notice any changes?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: March 30, 2016, 08:53:13 pm »

She thinks for a minute. "Nothing that couldn't be explained by practice, really. What kinds of changes?"
Sigtext!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: March 30, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »

Vigil just shrugs, not to sure of how to explain what he was trying to say.
"I don't know. I can feel my room for improvement. Heck, I know I train a lot, and hard, but I am not sure if I should see results like this this quickly, or this. . .  ummm. . .  this strong?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: March 30, 2016, 08:58:39 pm »

"Yeah, that I understand. Maybe it's something to do with the Gate, or the other side?"
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 612