Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390960 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Someone just had eldritch cowbabies)
« Reply #4005 on: March 24, 2016, 05:04:47 am »

Zach asks jane if she wants to do anything. Crash course in guns, gaming session, coding session, intimate stuff (suggested subtly), choose a song for Aria/Vigil's PDAs...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: March 24, 2016, 05:06:23 am »

Jane shrugs, and notices that her friends have pretty much left already when they can now that the Wiznerds are all distracted and leaving to make some heat-eating stones.

"None of those stuff interests me, sorry." She said. Lady be playing hard to get!

Looks like Zach's going to need more than just Foxhound's name to get into this lady's pants.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4007 on: March 24, 2016, 05:06:58 am »

"Anything you want to do?"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: March 24, 2016, 05:07:49 am »

"Work, I guess. I still need to make sure they don't think I'm being lazy and fire me." Jane said.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4009 on: March 24, 2016, 05:10:09 am »

"Aah... I forgot the menial labors I left behind when I... well... when I was reassigned in hopes of being killed" Zach says, then in a stage whisper, "I don't think it worked" he grins, "What do the systems analysts do now? I can't imagine much mission controlling with the Gate out of action for the moment, and wasn't everyone given a holiday?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: March 24, 2016, 05:23:05 am »

While the wiznerds work on the stones, Tal peruses the book for something along the lines of a scrying ritual, and failing that, words and sigils that could be used to create such a ritual.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: March 24, 2016, 05:29:03 am »

"There's other things to do other than controlling Gate-related things.. Like, oh I don't know.. Analyzing the systems?" Jane answered, shrugging. "I mean, since you guys are executives as far as I know, can't you just like, order me to do whatever?" She asked.

---

The frustrating thing for Tal is that the book eventually became too.. small. There's not enough to learn. Even things such as scrying, not even a crystal ball-scrything thing. And this is still the Magic equivalent of a dummy's book. Pure, beginner level. No hard words. It really help you identify the easier words and get the wards up quickly enough, since whoever made the books thinks protection is super important. But you're going to eventually need a more advanced book on magic to learn more advanced words, spells and rituals.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4012 on: March 24, 2016, 05:32:12 am »

Zach gives her a couple of units of money, "Here's your pay for some time off, if anyone tries to fire you I'll go over there personally and kick their arse," he says, "So, now that's out of the way, what do you want to do?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: March 24, 2016, 05:38:40 am »

Welp. Time to see about getting a route of communication with 002.

Tal looks for details on entities similar to 002 and what route one would use to set up a two way communication with them. Although if all else fails, an ouja board would work since it's apparently capable of minor manipulation of physical forces.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: March 24, 2016, 08:25:42 am »

"I don't think we will get into to much trouble, but, then again, I don't know what one of these would cost."
Vigil will try to shut the whole thing down.

"I know who I am going to get to shut this off, though."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (Someone just had eldritch cowbabies
« Reply #4015 on: March 24, 2016, 10:07:43 am »

((Uh, did you mean several meters? Because 3 meters is like the size of my living room. Judging how accurate and ranged the other dragon was, its safe to assume that i can launch my fireballs roughly 10x my length at near-perfect accuracy and probably around 30 with rough accuracy. Also, i imagine this will improve as frazz gets bigger and better.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: March 24, 2016, 10:09:21 am »

"I don't think we will get into to much trouble, but, then again, I don't know what one of these would cost."
Vigil will try to shut the whole thing down.

"I know who I am going to get to shut this off, though."

The PDA refuses to shut down. You might have to break it...

Nobody is complaining to the Gauss lady and sword dude yet though.

---

Jane watches her account dings as  more money than she could ever hope for  pours into it. The lady shrugs and says "with that much money honey? You could make me want to do anything. "

--

002 have shown to be able to understand you. But there is something. Some sort of an anti mimetic ward that maybe could negate 002's ability to make you ignore it.

---
(yeah. A few meters is near perfect accuracy.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: March 24, 2016, 10:23:07 am »

Investigate the specifics of the ward. Best to not hurt 002 accidentally.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: March 24, 2016, 10:43:32 am »

Frazz sizes up a target and unleshes a devastating ball of pure inferno
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: March 24, 2016, 11:39:32 am »

Going through the components of the ward, it seems to borrow heavily from some sort a more advanced detection ward, but instead of raising alarm to a connected rune, it simply mess with the mimetic effect using the power it was given. Like a simple but effective magical EMP.

It's supposed to be harmless, and if there exists an invisibility spell, this ward would let you see the invisible man. Or so it claims.
You'll also need to have said invisible man within the wards too, of course.

---

Frazz eyes the target for a second, then hack up a big glob of snout and spit it out like a high powered water jet.

It was less like the explosive ball of inferno that the movies depict for dragons, but more like hosing the target with bright blue drippy, gooey lava. Which admittedly is quite awesome. You easily hose the target with your draconic spit and it flash-melted with ease. The smell of molten metal is strangely pleasant to your nose.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 612