Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391033 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (3/6) #we need fighters!
« Reply #390 on: September 16, 2015, 11:34:00 pm »

"Alright, firing." Jenny said as she begin to take potshots with her bolt action rifle from ontop of the vehicle.

B. Carmine stayed his hand for now, not wanting to expend limited 25mm on soft targets that doesn't seems to be too threatening currently.

And while Maximus wanted blood too, he simply don't think he can hit anything at this range with his shotgun.

Aria's LMR works wonders, it's heavy strikes breaking great chunks of the target, often shattering it entirely and damaging the stone wall behind her targets.
Arthur's assault rifle is giving a good, conservative result. The accurate weapon having no problem falling targets.

With how low-stress this routine is, it feel almost like target practice back at base. Everyone's calm and have little difficulty in dispatching the guarding.. things..

Tal's scannings through the door shows no heat signature at where he does see, using high-zoom shows that the inside is pitch dark. Adding Night Vision seems to help see what little bit is exposed, although the fog is really annoying when using NV. There appears to be stairs directly beyond the gate, some of it's steps were blown off but it's still mostly intact.

"Man, this is so much different than what I'd thought it would be after seeing last mission's recordings." B. Carmine said through the Comms, having been watching you all taking potshots at the clueless guards with great efficiency.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 16, 2015, 11:38:44 pm »

"To be fair, last mission was poorly planned, the squad's didn't coordinate at all, and our squad, being the only cautious one, got hit by the fallout of the squad that rushed in blindly."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2015, 11:43:33 pm »

"Anyway guys, this is kind of strange but I actually feel guilty about shooting these things. I don't know, maybe it's cause they're defenceless or harmless. It feels weird. Permission to cease firing sir?"

Stop shooting. Begin walking inside the keep.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2015, 11:47:17 pm »

"Permission not granted. You watched the videos like I told you to correct? They aren't harmless. If it really eats at you then grab a rope from the APC while the others clean up. I have a feeling the fog is going to become a serious problem. Also get the fuck out of the firing lines."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 17, 2015, 07:28:38 am »

Vigil switches on his visor, looking around for the enemy that the other guys art shooting at."I honestly think you are waiting bullets that you will need later. But, your the smart survivor with all the answers, and not just man going PTSD right now." regardless of if he saw anything or not, Vigil would turn around, and walk slowly back to the vehicle to get the rope, another juicebox, and another energy bar.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 17, 2015, 09:16:40 am »

"I definitely don't have all the answers, if I did then we wouldn't be raiding this compound. I do however err heavily on the side of caution. It's very very easy for this kind of mission to go south. "

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 17, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »

"Whatever keeps us alive and get us money, man. I've promised my daughter I'd get her something nice this birthday." A. Carmine commented through the Comms.

Vigil obtains a Brand Co. Juicebox and Energy Bar. And he can either get a length roll of rope, the end of a rope that's connected to a reel on the APC or both.

The figures that you've all been shooting have been pretty much cleared out for this side, you can continue shooting on the ones remaining on the left and right side as well to be safe but spending more ammo or press onwards towards the keep now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 17, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »

"We should be good for now. Let's watch for about five minutes to make sure they don't move to fill the gap."

"Vigil, mind grabbing that rope on the reel line? Visibility may become a problem later and I would like to ensure we have a lifeline. We can just leave it at the entryway"

"Carmines, this vehicle has infrared sensors built in correct? If so, keep those trained on the keep, best not to risk the getaway vehicle."

"It is about time for us to head in everyone, check your weapons and make sure your HUDs are on."

How large is the keep exactly? Like how many meters long, wide, and tall?

Tal checks his weapons and does one last full spectrum scan.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 17, 2015, 02:09:12 pm »

All of your weapons are functioning as it's intended to.

Full spectrum scan did not reveal many new information besides the lack of the cold figures to your immediate front. Infrared does shows that the keep itself is not as cold as the outside, however. Probably unlikely to have these weird cold-based jumpy things inside, fortunately.

Unfortunately, it probably means that you can expect to find something that doesn't shatter so easily with a single bullet inside.

The Keep's spec are as the followings.

Length   128 metres (420 ft)
Width     48 metres (157 ft)
Height    69 metres (226 ft)

Only the front that you're facing seems to have any decorations or functions such as doors/windows at all. The other three sides are deceptively plain and does not have windows or doors to speak of.

From the looks of the windows, it's possible that the Keep are divided into 4 great floors, possibly more if a few floors skips having windows entirely.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2015, 02:31:48 pm »

"Provided we're relatively careful. This should be fairly easy. Remember to always check the ceilings. Artifact will likely be in the center or rear of the structure. Most likely at least one floor up or in a basement level. That's where I'd put it if I were building this place."

"Keep line of sight at all times if possible and expect radio contact to fail outside of it. You see anything interesting or of note, let me know and I'll scan it. If it proves inert, we can take samples and get a bonus. As we're entering, see if you can spot any shards of the floating creatures. We'll get payed quite a bit for an inert shard."

"Vigil, let us know if you are gonna sneak off. As the scout, your skills are valuable and I would rather not anyone mistake you for a target."

"Based on how there was no visible response from the door being blown off, either the Denizins are waiting for us or are asleep. Prepare for the former and hope for the latter. If it's the latter, then on later missions, we'll have to test what threshold of disruption and noise that triggers a reaction on the scale of what we saw last mission. Methinks there are certain triggers."

"Anyways, enough speculation, let's move out."

Tal begins heading towards the castle, taking the rope from Vigil and scanning the full way there.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:33:21 pm by Kevak »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 17, 2015, 02:34:15 pm »

Aria follows, obviously.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 17, 2015, 02:42:09 pm »

"I'm not very useful in close range, I'll stay here with the car and give overwatch." Jenny said through the Comm, still happy to be in the relative safety of the APC with her rifle.

"Yes! A glorious battle awaits!" Maximus grinned largely as he follows almost side-by-side with Tal, not wanting to disrupt his scanning but still wanting to be the closest to the fight.

Presumably, the group follows onwards.

Once you've entered the 50 yard range to the castle's door, the fog seems to have thicken up considerably. It's like fucking Silent hill in here and you can barely see 10 yards ahead of you, thankfully you're all equipped with military-grade HUDs and scanning equipments so the fog could only disrupt so much. But you swear each step you take makes the fog thicker.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 17, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »

"This is why I brought the rope. Everyone grab hold of it."

Tal pings the apc on the radio. "Has the fog thickened over where you are as well? Or is it local to us?"

360 degree full spectrum scan. Are the ice creatures coming any closer?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 17, 2015, 02:46:21 pm »

The rope is grabbed by Aria.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 17, 2015, 02:56:03 pm »

"It's just you, I'm still seeing you just fine with some minor fog." Jenny replied through the Comms, before she sounds up. "Hold one, I'm seeing movements coming towards you guys."

The ice creatures indeed are coming closer from both sides! You can see small glowing blue lights at where a head would be jumping in short, quick jumps towards your squad through the fog. They are closing in fast from both sides and everyone's Comm made a strange scream.

It's safe to assume that the Comms are blocked now.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 612